IGNORED

Nathan Dyer

• 1 year later...

You would rather spend £5mil on someone as crap as Dyer than a proven top flight goalscorer?

I wouldnt give you £5 for Dyer. Very very average.

What are you on about? Kone has had ONE season in the prem, needs 2-3 before he can be classed as a proven scorer, Jelavic scored more in half a season than Kone did in a full one, then look what happened.

Edited by Simon

Fcuk me. Kone is going to be the measuring stock for every rumour over the next few months. Don't know if I will be able to bear that. The camp is well and truly split on Kone. haha.

On Dyer - No thanks. (not based on age or value, based on skills and player type)

*edit, cant we all agree to have the Kone discussions in the Kone thread and discuss the other player rumours in their respective threads.

Edited by Peter H

Dyer is not linked to us by the BBC for £5m! It only appears on their site in the "gossip" section:

Everton are willing to pay £5m for Swansea winger Nathan Dyer, 25.

Full story: the Sun

Well! That's told me! However, if it appears on their site they're linking us, as far as I'm concerned, as they have posted the link to that arse wipe rag on their website so they're doing the linking.

Does the end sausage in an open link of sausages not feel part of the original link because it is at the end (or start)? Would it be more technically and politically correct to say the BBC had sub-linked this story (as I don't want to be accused of not linking correctly)? Does that make the end sausage a sub-sausage?

Ner, ner, ner ner ner!

He's a favourite of Martinez's from his Swansea days, and to be fair to him he does a cracking job at the swans, great pace and a great engine on him, but no offence to the swans I think that's his limit, I can't see him helping us progress

Nasty, arrogant, prima donna (Nathan Dyer, not you).

Well! That's told me! However, if it appears on their site they're linking us, as far as I'm concerned, as they have posted the link to that arse wipe rag on their website so they're doing the linking.

Does the end sausage in an open link of sausages not feel part of the original link because it is at the end (or start)? Would it be more technically and politically correct to say the BBC had sub-linked this story (as I don't want to be accused of not linking correctly)? Does that make the end sausage a sub-sausage?

Ner, ner, ner ner ner!

Saying the BBC are linking us to Dyer gives it an aura of credibility. However it is really the Sun and their "sources" (in reality, they made it up) linking us to him. The BBC are just giving an overview of what's being published in the newspapers; it is not a report from a BBC journalist who has information that we're going to bid £5m for Dyer.

Edited by Steve_E

What are you on about? Kone has had ONE season in the prem, needs 2-3 before he can be classed as a proven scorer, Jelavic scored more in half a season than Kone did in a full one, then look what happened.

Did I say premiership? Nope I said top flight, like he was in the other leagues he has played in.

Kone also provided good link-up play. No offense to Jelavic, but he doesn't offer much more than being a classic poacher.

Did I say premiership? Nope I said top flight, like he was in the other leagues he has played in.

If we get him then i hope it works out for him, i remember him from his PSV days, i just don't see that it makes any financial sense, and as i have also said before i think lack of creativity from midfield has not helped our strikers in the past either.