IGNORED

Osman

Guys,

Have you heard something about Osman moving away? A couple of guys I've spoken to are certain that Liverpool are trying to sort out a deal for him. It just doesn't make sense. I wouldn't make this post if i thought that they were bullshitting.

Edited by xavier

It says on Wikipedia that Leon Osman was a Liverpool fan when he was a boy along with the likes of Jose Baxter and Dave Watson. If this is the case then him crossing the park would be a lot easier than with most people in the footballing world. Having said that however I don't know how much truth is in that and I'm pretty sure that because Leon has been with us for such a long time he would have dropped his Liverpool roots and started becoming a blue, pretty much what Jamie Carragher did but obviously vice versa. Like I said, Osman may well have been an Evertonian as a boy but I'm just going off what his Wikipedia page says.

Along with that I can't see Kenny wanting Leon in his team and I don't think Leon would want to go, if I'm being totally honest I believe that Leon will finish his career with Everton along with Tony Hibbert.

Gerrard was never a blue. There is a picture of him knocking about the place of him next to the FA Cup wearing at Everton home shirt but I think it was just part of a family thing rather than him actually supporting us. I'm pretty sure that he has been a Liverpudlian all his life (and to be honest I don't see that changing anytime soon). You're right with McManaman and Carragher though, both of them supported Everton along with Michael Owen (who is now at Manchester United) and Robbie Fowler.

Like I said I can't see it happening I'm just saying that there is a rumour that Leon once supported Liverpool rather than us.

• 1 year later...

Maybe his advisors are pushing for near parity with top earners based on his England caps? Personally I would be happy to see him just do his next 2 years which take him to 34.

Great lad, good servant, but I'm not for awarding a payday for an extra year untill we know where he is going to be at.

In 2 years I would hope that we will see the likes of lundstrum, Barkley, and maybe even George Green featuring strongly.

Maybe his advisors are pushing for near parity with top earners based on his England caps? Personally I would be happy to see him just do his next 2 years which take him to 34.

Great lad, good servant, but I'm not for awarding a payday for an extra year untill we know where he is going to be at.

In 2 years I would hope that we will see the likes of lundstrum, Barkley, and maybe even George Green featuring strongly.

Exactly, why are we even talking about an extension already when he's turning 32 years old in a month and still has 2 years on his current contract?

If he isn't gonna sign a contract then it may fuel rumours that he may leave - rumourama indeed.

If he can't get his fitness/recovery to a level at 32 where he can complete 90 minutes at a decent pace then he will be a spent force well before his contract is up.

Money-wise, Osman peaked at essentially the worst time it possibly could have. Two years left on his contract and he'll be 35 when he's up for another one. Seems to me that he and his agents are trying to get their big payday while still possible, though I'm not banking on it happening.

I wouldn't be entirely against it if meant we got £7m+ for him and Barkley/Lundstrum made strides and we invested it wisely. I do like the lad though.

I like 'them all' until they ask for more money (not that Osman is or isn't).

Once they do that then they can piss off for me. The club is poor as clubs go, and they are earning plenty.

Money may not be the issue, maybe he is trying to get a 2 year extension or something

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/11/spurs-target-summer-transfer-for-everton-contract-rebel-leon-osman-3593286/

I like Osman but if there was any truth in a £6M bid then I agree with Haf and think we should take it

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Money may not be the issue, maybe he is trying to get a 2 year extension or something

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/11/spurs-target-summer-transfer-for-everton-contract-rebel-leon-osman-3593286/

I like Osman but if there was any truth in a £6M bid then I agree with Haf and think we should take it

I imagine that's just a bad effort to unsettle things at Everton during the run in.