IGNORED

Osman

Money may not be the issue, maybe he is trying to get a 2 year extension or something

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/11/spurs-target-summer-transfer-for-everton-contract-rebel-leon-osman-3593286/

I like Osman but if there was any truth in a £6M bid then I agree with Haf and think we should take it

its such nonsense though! He wont leave and we certainly would get anything close to 6m!

Edited by Matt

What if Fergie had'nt given Giggs an extension when he was 32.

You give extensions if they are still playing well, not because they are at a certain age.

Was Giggs really signing extentions when already having 2 years left at the age of 32??? he's been on 1 year rolling deals for ages now.

Moyes said in the post match interview that he shouldn't really have played due to injury but he wanted him in there for his creativity

Didn't know that Duncan. Fair enough it he's carrying a knock, I would have liked him to have been replaced though considering that he offered us no creativity all game.

I still have no idea as to why Barkley gets no game time against lesser opponents but gets played out of position against top 4.

Is it moyes doing what I did as a kid? Doesn't like being asked to make a cup of tea for someone so makes a bad one so they aren't a asked again.

Surely not, I'm just being anti moyes there, but I'm still a bit confused by his treatment of young Ross.

What if Fergie had'nt given Giggs an extension when he was 32.

You give extensions if they are still playing well, not because they are at a certain age.

Giggs is of a rare breed. Very few players, let alone midfielders, can continue to play at a high level in their mid-to-late 30's. Look how far Neville has fallen in the past few years. Same could be said about Beckham, Reyna, Ballack, and plenty others when they hit that wall around that age. With two years remaining on his contract we have no reason to be in any rush to give Ossie a new contract. Let's see where he is at a year from now before committing to him.

Giggs is of a rare breed. Very few players, let alone midfielders, can continue to play at a high level in their mid-to-late 30's. Look how far Neville has fallen in the past few years. Same could be said about Beckham, Reyna, Ballack, and plenty others when they hit that wall around that age. With two years remaining on his contract we have no reason to be in any rush to give Ossie a new contract. Let's see where he is at a year from now before committing to him.

I think Ossie will stay here until he retires, as he's been here throughout his career, loans aside, so no doubt he will be given special treatment. If Moyes stays, I think Ossie would be in good hands in that respect.

I still have no idea as to why Barkley gets no game time against lesser opponents but gets played out of position against top 4.

Is it moyes doing what I did as a kid? Doesn't like being asked to make a cup of tea for someone so makes a bad one so they aren't a asked again.

Surely not, I'm just being anti moyes there, but I'm still a bit confused by his treatment of young Ross.

Ross has to prove himself, and has failed to do this.

There is far too much hype surrounding the kid. He is still a young lad, and that is why he doesn't feature much. He was played at Spurs because we were missing Fellaini and Pienaar. Had he been awesome, he might have gotten played again, but he was poor, and that's being kind.

Haf - you liked your own post!!! Off topic but i'm not bothered rofl.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...