IGNORED

Kenwyne Jones

I would take him in a heartbeat, he's 6'2 which means that he's big enough for the long balls that are inevitably going to get hurled towards him and I always thought that he was going to go onto something great in his Sunderland days, had they not signed Peter Crouch then I'd expect him still to be banging them in at the Britannia and I think that a Jones/Vellios partnership is something to reckoned with.

£5,000,000 is steep but I guess that's how the market is going these days. How about a cheeky swap deal, Kenwyne Jones for our superstar French international Louis Saha?

Kenwyne's Stats: Southampton (71/19), Sunderland (94/26), Stoke City (47/10).

Isn't it funny how he seems to love playing in red and white stripes..

Edited by Zoo

I would take him in a heartbeat, he's 6'2 which means that he's big enough for the long balls that are inevitably going to get hurled towards him and I always thought that he was going to go onto something great in his Sunderland days, had they not signed Peter Crouch then I'd expect him still to be banging them in at the Britannia and I think that a Jones/Vellios partnership is something to reckoned with.

£5,000,000 is steep but I guess that's how the market is going these days. How about a cheeky swap deal, Kenwyne Jones for our superstar French international Louis Saha?

Kenwyne's Stats: Southampton (71/19), Sunderland (94/26), Stoke City (47/10).

Isn't it funny how he seems to love playing in red and white stripes..

Are you sure? 55 goals in 212 games is a poor return imo, its nearly a goal every 4 games, so err no thanks Edited by theprisoner

Are you sure? 55 goals in 212 games is a poor return imo, its nearly a goal every 4 games, so err no thanks

Considering that Louis Saha's return is a goal every 4 seasons I'll take a punt with him.

The stats about his goals isn't taking into account the goals that he creates though, he is a really tall forward that could knock balls down for our smaller players like Ossie and Donovan (pretty much what Stracq should be doing) and I think he would fill one of the holes in our squad. The pricetag does put me off somewhat but if he signed tomorrow I woulden't bounce down to Moyes' HQ kicking and screaming.

Not my favorite player, but I'd rather have him than Saha tbh. Honestly, I think that 5mil is not that much for some one who has bagged a fair amount of prem goals. I wouldn'y be ecstatic if we got him, not not displeased either. It wasn't that long ago that the shite and spurs were looking at him.

Id take him 5 million isnt a great deal really (not for a prem league striker) and i think he'd do well up front on his own hes like a mobile Yak, and i cant believe im going to say this but him and Vic up front with the size of them would worry defences. Shit sorry lads did i say play 2 strikers silly me.