IGNORED

UEFA Euro 2012

Agreed. He was one of our few good performers. I lost count of the amount of times he got a block in after our paceless, headless chicken midfield let waves of attacks come at us.

My thoughts exactly (now like the comment)

thought Lescott was by far the best defender, then even Johnson before Terry!

This is why we need a 'dislike button' too....

johnson made countless blocks too..one i remember after terry got caught sniffin his own armpit

To give Johnson credit is ridiculous, he had Milner do the defensive work allowing him to overlap. Makes Johnson look good but you have to give Milner credit for doing the job to allow Johnson to get forward... or moan at Hodgson as it was an awful tactic.

To give Johnson credit is ridiculous, he had Milner do the defensive work allowing him to overlap. Makes Johnson look good but you have to give Milner credit for doing the job to allow Johnson to get forward... or moan at Hodgson as it was an awful tactic.

were you watching the same games?! Milner did next to nothing!

were you watching the same games?! Milner did next to nothing!

As his job was to hold up the ball and allow Johnson to get forward. As was Parker for Gerrard. Englands tactics revolved around these 2 players to attack and Welbeck (another joker there to eventually compliment Rooney, Sturridge should have been there) to make space for Young and Gerrard. Accommodating the 2 kopites was is the main reason England failed, should pick the best players that suit tactics that are best played against the opposition. Only way to excuse building tactics to accomodate a player is if they are so much better than any other option you have eg. Portugal with Ronaldo. Would England of played that way with Osman in the middle and Hibbert/Neville at the back, nope... it would have been a more balance team and allowed for more flexibility and give the nation a better chance of succeeding than the piss poor show they did.

I was actually pleasing to listen and get involved in a stress free game with no pressure, that was so much better.

I wanted Spain to win but had no idea that (4 - 0) would happen, was a bit angered some players scored last night associated with one or two teams I genuinely disliked, but had to focus on the International scene, not their domestic ties.

Listened to a phone in after and there was a large percentage of callers calling Spain boring and lifeless, this angered the host (alan Green?) and he made short shrift of some of the negative callers who dared to call Spain boring or dull.

Three titles now in the last three tournaments is really quite something though.

I expect Uruguay or Argentina to win the next contest though, Spain will have their work cut out for that.

They came damn close in 2010 though and have some very good players, already twice winners of course and a third time could happen.

It'll either be them or Argentina or Brazil maybe, I don't see a European side winning this, no European side has ever won Gold on the wrong side of the Atlantic

I don't laugh much, but the England soccer team - fourth best team in the world, what fucking ass clowns !

I'm pretty sure the Idiots who do these things must be on LSD or something

Actually, come to think of it, when they beat Spain in a nothing friendly back in November, they put them in second place if memory serves.

Lunacy..

The United States are ranked #36 ?!, who does these goddamn lists?, even I can see what an unfair representation that is, should be in the Top 20 at least, probably will be in a month or two from now when the fucking loons chop and change it again. Makes me a bit mad actually. These FIFA rankings are absurd.