IGNORED

UEFA Euro 2012

Joey Barton modest as ever...

"On ability I walk into the squad, on behaviour I don't."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18378032

Does talk some sense though...

"If Henderson got in, any Englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, I wish I was there but I'm not," he said.

"Everyone's thinking it, I'll say it. Liverpool have [had] an horrific season and have six players in our Euro squad. What chance do we have? [The England manager should] Pick on form.

"How [Grant] Holt, [Micah] Richards, [Michael] Carrick, [Rio] Ferdinand, [Leon] Osman, [Daniel] Sturridge etc never got involved is a travesty."

Guest Nikica

Been quite a good tournament so far. I might have overlooked something but I can't remember a single penalty or red card being given with the exception of the opening game (although there should have been some for sure)? The tournament has actually been played in a decent spirit - not much diving or hacking. The most play-acting I think I have seen is possibly from Mandzukic of Croatia who has tended to roll around a bit at the end of games.

Good to see the Irish take a severe beating - said ages ago that they are by far the worst team at this tournament. Their squad is full of mid-level PL cloggers with the odd smattering of Championship players ffs. They had a 'relatively' easy qualification group (said that when the draw was made) and then drew one of the worst teams in play-off history in the play-off. Ireland should be nowhere near this tournament and it's good to see them and their Celtic-loving cunts of fans fuck off home.

The things I hate most about the Irish 'supporters' are, firstly, that most of them don't even follow the team until they get to a major tournament (been told that by plenty of Irish people), and secondly (and connected), they claim to bleed green and white and care so much about Ireland, yet the vast majority of them can't even be bothered to go to watch Irish teams and support their local game, preferring instead to fly to Manchester and Liverpool every second week to glory-hunt the big English teams. Then they have the temerity to slag England rotten during tournaments whilst knowing full well they 'support' an English club. That might be fair enough if you are actually English but from the Irish? They're a fucking joke.

For the bit in bold, I realise that sounds like I am saying I hate Celtic fans, but that isn't the case. There's a difference between the guys on here who have said they have a preference for Celtic in Old Firm terms and the Irish who support Celtic due to bigotry and actually exacerbate the issues of sectarianism in Ireland and Scotland through their filthy mindset. That's why i hate them.

Edited by Nikica

Robbie Savage quipped "Wow bendtner gets £100k fine for showing sponsors on undies beats my 10k fine for pooing in polls toilet !"

"To be fair it was the best £10 k spent ever !"

Think Savage was poorly represented in that case personally....any decent lawyer should have been able to find a loo-poll in the regulationsrofl.gif .

I'll get my coatunsure.png .

BBC...

"However, Ukraine created more chances and should have had an equaliser after Marko Devic's shot clearly crossed the line but was not given."

I don't understand how the focus is so totally on that....why ignore the equally and demonstrably as bad decision ten seconds earlier?

If anything it was worse....the Ukranian player was a yard offside and the ball was only an inch over the line.

im really fed up of this tournament. I was looking forward to having international football to bridge the gap to the middle of August, but now id rather not have it.

That's about the long and short of it for me. People say and I've heard, it's the best Euro' championships they can remember. Either these people are twelve years old or have amnesia or are just plain stupid I don't know, but that simply isn't the case. It became a lesser event once Holland exited, and both host nations are out as i understand, so it just feels diminished to an extent.

Last night was another frustrating experience. Still can't believe France messed up against Sweden either dry.pngsad.png It will be a massive relief when this competition is over, we can get back to domestics or even have a whole month or five weeks without any soccer at all even, get a bit of air etc.

Is it just me that thinks Ukraine were the better side y'day and England were once again par, actually poor-for-the-cause is more fitting. The rimming the team is getting now is unbelievable, people calling for the players heads before half time, there wasn't a single positive comment towards any player and now people going on about how great England are and that they can win it blink.gif

Usual media hype bullshit from the blow job hacks of different tabloid publications, I haven't even bought a 'news' paper in months now, although the I paper is a steal at 20 pence and maybe the best read for your money.

I would rather they played Spain next than Italy but if they win that, they should play the winners of the Spain/France game and then either Germany or Portugal in the Final if I understand.

I'm getting more concerned as the days pass to tell the truth. sad.png