IGNORED

UEFA Euro 2012

why? he's been on good form..and scores...not sayin we are relying on him anyways but he can easily have 2/3 good games score 4-5 and sometimes that's all it takes

because he's not really a striker, he's drifts in and out of games a lot, tbh i think we will be on our way home before rooney even gets a game anyway due to the fact we have no midfeild

Hoping England can get another good result and keep the 100% record under Roy. I've just turned it on at 15 minutes after the shithouse tackle on Gary Cahill and I have to say that England are the better team (even though they are far from dominating). Pleased to see Joe Hart in goal, not much gets past that lad.

From buying an England shirt in the morning to wanting them to get destroyed in the afternoonrofl.gif .

Boo Hiss.

Edit: Cracking tackle on Martens, hope England kick shit out of him tonight.

Edited by Zoo

So that's 6 players from a terrible Liverpool side that will represent England now. It just shows what sort of talent pool we have.

Look on the bright side Mark....we'll hit the post a lot and will be able to come home after the group games knowing we deserved much better.

So that's 6 players from a terrible Liverpool side that will represent England now. It just shows what sort of talent pool we have.

Kelly is probably the most deserving out of whats been a very poor season for them. The others all there on reputation alone. It's a joke, it's not the talent pool, there is much better players.

Edited by pete0

Rio Ferdinand was left out of the England sqaud wasn't he? For all I think that he's over-rated surely he has to be the first reserve to replace Gary Cahill. I think that with the injury problems we have a slimmer chance than what we already had going into this tournement and some of the players that Hodgson has brought in are an absolute joke.

Off Topic too but I saw a program about 'England Worst XI' - Phil Neville was in at left-back.

Neville - Jones

Rio - Terry

Carrick - Henderson

Osman - Gerrard

Johnson/Lennon - OAC

Sturridge - Defoe

Almost like for like replacements who have all had better seasons. Gerrard 5 goals, 3 againsy our reserves shouldnt be anywhere near, Henderson has been berated all season for not being good enough for Liverpool. Sturridge was keeping Anelka and Drogba out the Chelsea team up till xmas, whereas Defoe got replaced by Saha. OAC has done nothing, people dont even know what he looks like. Jones has had an awful season and partly to blame for united dropping a few points, there is much better full backs and he is definitely not good enough to cover right back or cm. Rio Terry enough said here reallyAueOnmsCAAARNgr.jpg

Edited by pete0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2012/06/off-field_problems_add_to_hodg.html

"Manchester City's Joleon Lescott, who had an outstanding season at Etihad Stadium, is now favourite to partner Terry although there is a logistical difficulty in that both prefer the left side of the central positions.

There is another alternative partnership embedded in England's squad, however, one that is tried and tested and one that may yet come to the rescue in the coming weeks.

Lescott and Everton's Phil Jagielka formed a formidable partnership at club level when they played together at Goodison Park and they have looked comfortable together for England. It is something Hodgson will be very aware of."

France looking very impressive. Good win against Estonia (second in their qualifying group) 4-0 last night. benzema and Ribery finding each other all through the game. Only weakness was at cb. Looked shaky in defence. Loads of space inbetween cb's and the wide defenders. If Sweden and england keep running at them they might collaps. I know that most dont like walcott but he could be valuable against france.

You should not use him against sweden though as he would leave a massive gap for Toivonen and Rasmus Elm.

Sweden looked ok last night. Beat Serbia 2-1. Both Toivonen and Ibrahimovic on the scoresheet second game in a row.

Sweden however have problems both in defence and coming forward. Mellberg looking shaky.

Coming forward sweden needs a front man with loads of pace and a willingness to run, run, run. Toivonen is not that forward. As you might have heard, sweden has moved Ibrahimovich into the No 10 spot, slightly behind the top forward. His passing is perfect for it and he will be able to damage both france and the ukraine with his through balls between cb and wide defence IF he has a forward with pace infront. Elmander could be that forward but he is still injured.

Sweden are not the same disiplined side as in previous tournaments, when England have had problems winning against them.

I say

1- France

2- England

3- Sweden

4- Ukraine

Ukraine lost against Turkey last night. 2-0. Austria scored 3 against them last week. They have problems at Cb. Should they play with the Shatkar donesk (spelling?) players and risk alienating the rest of the team who mostly come from the rival club? They were fighting like hell in the league and it all culminated in a massive fight on the pitch when they met in the league. (cant remember the name of the other club) was it Dinamo minsk? (spelling?)

Should Sheva play? Looked awfull against Austria, looked dangerous against Turkey when he came on in the second half. He is 35 now and did say that he wont e able to play all 3 games. I think he will play against sweden, rest against france and play against england.

So do most brits think that the group will be a walk in the park?