IGNORED

UEFA Euro 2012

Guest Nikica

welbeck works well with rooney...for me that is the reason he was picked ahead of sturridge

True, but Rooney is out for the first two games anyway and they may well be on the verge of going out by the time they face the hosts.

I'd take Welbeck as well, but only because their striking options bar Rooney are pretty shite, as Romey says.

welbeck works well with rooney...for me that is the reason he was picked ahead of sturridge

Rooney misses all the group games though, and they dont work that well together the only game they have a goal/assist together was te 4-4 with us.

I'll be damn relieved to get away from all this in a week or so, these damn tourneys are wasted sometimes on anyone who isn't english. I wouldn't be surprised on the basis of the last 24 hours that the english even win the fucking thing, even more reason for getting away etc.

France will be difficult, Laurent Blanc has put together a fine side that while not as efficient as 12 years ago, are still one of the favorites, Ukraine will play on home territory and Sweden are no pushovers, Rooney will get the two match ban lifted in time for start, so if they can navigate or get out of the groups then it's very much likely they will go all the damn way, Germany still look like the side to beat, we can't read too much into last night and Spain will want to hold on to their title, I can't see any real surprise winners except the english in a few months. Say what you like but I will always insist you would have had more chance with Redknapp, he just fits the profile.

Fair enough, he'll miss two games then, damned if I'm going to argue over this, but all said, am surprised they couldn't get it overturned. Isn't Rooney the F.A.'s blue eyed cherubim who can do no wrong? All I was trying to say, first it was a three game omission, lo and behold they chopped one game off, and subsequently as I would have thought the whole damn thing would have been scrapped and Rooney would be free to thunder about the field of play etc for the whole three fixtures. I'd rather he was out for the whole damn tournament, but there's no sense in keeping on about this individual. Discussion Closed. dry.png

Fair enough, he'll miss two games then, damned if I'm going to argue over this, but all said, am surprised they couldn't get it overturned. Isn't Rooney the F.A.'s blue eyed cherubim who can do no wrong? All I was trying to say, first it was a three game omission, lo and behold they chopped one game off, and subsequently as I would have thought the whole damn thing would have been scrapped and Rooney would be free to thunder about the field of play etc for the whole three fixtures. I'd rather he was out for the whole damn tournament, but there's no sense in keeping on about this individual. Discussion Closed. dry.png

It's a UEFA ban. Appealed, reduced, accepted, closed. Two game ban.....no need for discussion.

If you're going to start an argument Kane then the least you could do would be to understand what the argument is about. The Rooney 'saga' has been dead and buried for many months now so there really isn't much to discuss on the matter other than who will be a viable candidate to replace him.