IGNORED

UEFA Euro 2012

This question asked by Sky on FB

"

With Frank Lampard ruled out of Euro 2012, who should play alongside Steven Gerrard in central midfield?

Jordan Henderson

Phil Jones

Scott Parker

Phil Jagielka

James Milner"

Really puts things into perspective..

we should play 5 at the back....we have lots of cb's...2 full backs that are good goin forward..,stick parker in front of the back 3 with 3 of milner/gerrard/young/downing/henderson behind rooney..seems the only way we won't get overrun to me

Edited by marcopaulo

we should play 5 at the back....we have lots of cb's...2 full backs that are good goin forward..,stick parker in front of the back 3 with 3 of milner/gerrard/young/downing/henderson behind rooney..seems the only way we won't get overrun to me

Except at this rate, Rooney will only be there for the ultimately pointless final game...

lampard out...henderson in...

Osman should be there ahead of Henderson - surely it's of benefit to the national team to pick in-form players?! Henderson (and Downing) are decent players but they've have had god awful seasons and shouldn't really have been considered at all.

Scholes, Osman, Carrick, Butterfield, Barton, Cleverly, Barkley, McEachran, Sidwell, Jenas, Cork, Shelvey... Lansbury, Rose, Spearing, Henderson. Wishere, Rodwell, and Huddlestone the fat git would be a head as well but is injured. Anyone Ive missed who have been better?

Edited by pete0

Why are people surprised Henderson has been called up over Osman when Henderson was on the stand by list? Surely it can't have come as shock?!

Not a shock, I moaned he was on stand-by. I want a England team I can support, but every squad is always the 'big' teams players regardless of wether they have been shite. Completely reflects our nations culture were merit is classed below who you know/represent.

Why are people surprised Henderson has been called up over Osman when Henderson was on the stand by list? Surely it can't have come as shock?!

Might be because it was a stupid choice in the 1st place and the only consolation was that he wouldnt be going.

Scholes, Osman, Carrick, Butterfield, Barton, Cleverly, Barkley, McEachran, Sidwell, Jenas, Cork, Shelvey... Lansbury, Rose, Spearing, Henderson. Wishere, Rodwell, and Huddlestone the fat git would be a head as well but is injured. Anyone Ive missed who have been better?

To be fair most on there are ridiculous calls (but I'm sure you're just making a point). I think the genuine fair calls would be osman, Britton, Joe cole and even Adam lallana! Many on that list are retired, injured or simply haven't played much - I don't actually think Henderson would have been in ahead of cleverly or even Rodwell were fully fit.

Edited by c1982

To be fair most on there are ridiculous calls (but I'm sure you're just making a point). I think the genuine fair calls would be osman, Britton, Joe cole and even Adam lallana! Many on that list are retired, injured or simply haven't played much - I don't actually think Henderson would have been in ahead of cleverly or even Rodwell were fully fit.

The ridiculous ones are still better than Henderson eg. Sidwell and Jenas(only 1 injured but due back this week). I really dont see what Henderson has to offer. Think Powell should if been a head of him after the worldie he scored in the playoff final, game with lots of pressure and he still performed (dont know wether he's injured though). Missed Scholes and Beckham as well.

Edited by pete0

Scholes - retired

Osman - better option than Henderson

Carrick - retired

Butterfield - have you really seen him play enough?

Barton - shouldn't be considered

Cleverly - injured

Barkley - hardly played so Henderson is a better option

McEachran - same as barkley

Sidwell - pretty sure he's injured too?

Jenas - injured

Cork - looks decent but once again have you really seen enough? Sure Henderson would look class at championship level

Shelvey - pretty much on par

Lansbury - not done anything to note

Rose - looks okay but mainly used as a full-back

Spearing - meh

Wishere - injured

Rodwell - injured

Huddlestone - injured

Who is the fat git?

Powell - big difference between prem and league 2!

Like I said ridiculous list really, I think osman, Britton and cole are the only real legitimate calls. Plus maybe Beckham now you've mentioned him!

Edited by c1982

A good manager would be able to convince Scholes to play, he was tempted last time but said no as he thought it was unfair on the players who had played the qualifiers. Carrick didnt retire, he went on holiday rather than be a back-up(which was a slap in the face as he had a much better season performance wise than those included in the squad).

Not seen much of him this year, but he was excellent last season.

Why shouldnt Barton be considered? The captain and ex-captain ar much worse. Cleverley is fit.

Barkley and McEachran have played as much as AOC who's in the squad, with the former being the better imo.

Didnt realise Sidwell had another injury, Jenas is due back though.

The fat git is Huddlestone and I mentioned he, along with Wilshere and Rodwell are injured.

Seen a few games of Cork and he performed much better than Henderson. Shelvey and Spearing are shite I was making the point of them having a better season than Henderson so its ridiculous that he's a head of them.

Powell strongly linked to united, Henderson strongly linked to Liverpool reserves biggrin.png

Edited by pete0

A good manager would be able to convince Scholes to play, he was tempted last time but said no as he thought it was unfair on the players who had played the qualifiers. Carrick didnt retire, he went on holiday rather than be a back-up(which was a slap in the face as he had a much better season performance wise than those included in the squad).

Not seen much of him this year, but he was excellent last season.

Why shouldnt Barton be considered? The captain and ex-captain ar much worse. Cleverley is fit.

Barkley and McEachran have played as much as AOC who's in the squad, with the former being the better imo.

Didnt realise Sidwell had another injury, Jenas is due back though.

The fat git is Huddlestone and I mentioned he, along with Wilshere and Rodwell are injured.

Seen a few games of Cork and he performed much better than Henderson. Shelvey and Spearing are shite I was making the point of them having a better season than Henderson so its ridiculous that he's a head of them.

Powell strongly linked to united, Henderson strongly linked to Liverpool reserves biggrin.png

The fact remains that Scholes and Carrick are unavailable - you've just said yourself there too that Carrick didn't want to be on stand-by so pressumably ahead of Henderson. Cleverly may be back from injury but he's nowhere near match fit/tournament fit. To say Barkley/McEachran have played as much as AOC is incorrect - AOC has probably played more competitive football this season than the both of them added have in their careers! Barton is rightfully omitted - Terry shouldn't be there imo but he's 'innocent until proven guilty' - and that won't proved until after the Euro's (how convenient!). Gerrard is a different case to Barton in a way that Gerrard has control now (and is a much better player) - Barton is simply a liability and to be honest he's been poor this season too! As for Powell - give the lad time - he's not played at the top level yet. Yes he's linked to man.utd but he's not there yet - not every promising youth is the next Wayne Rooney (this applies to Barkley, etc too!)

I agree that Henderson shouldn't be in, I just think you've got a little carried away with your replacements!

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18299713

wonder how that would work? Id be pissed if I was an Italian fan who had booked everything already and it happened though...

Either the team that failed to qualify with the most points would be put into the Euro's or the team that finished behind Italy in the group's would go through. I doubt it will happen though, I think he's just saying that to look good, no team will pull out of a major tournement on their own.