IGNORED

UEFA Euro 2012

It is a poor squad IMO and I think a few people should rightfully feel agrieved.

Given Terry's antics this season and his stupidity in the CL Semi I would have left him out completely. Jones has actually been really poor for Man Utd recently, although thats probably down to Fergie playing him at RB or in midfield but I think Micah Richards is a better RB and CB at the moment.

No idea how Downing or Milner are in the team. Walcott is just as bad, but looking at the replacement who is really going to be much better. Lennon might be doing alright now but he is just as average in the same areas as Walcott.

Im actually glad Carroll made the team because I think he has a big part to play in how well we do. He has had a poor season in general but played well more recently. He has a lot more ability than Crouch and can be used as an impact player.

The keepers are fine, no problem with them.

Why the fuck is Glenda Johnson in there? He's been dog wank. I'm not Micah Richards' biggest fan but there's no doubt he's had a good season and should be there, at least as back-up to Glenda. But that spot has obviously gone to Phil Jones, who should only EVER play CB, and even there has looked dodgy. I can understand why Terry's there with Ferdinand not being picked, we need someone at the heart of the defence who has been to a major tournament. No probem with the rest of the defenders.

Wtf is Walcott doing there? He's just a speedy headless chicken with absolutely no footballing brain. We'll spend the entire tournament watching him race down the wing to either cross the ball behind the goal or chasing after a ball that he's hit too hard so that it goes out for a goal kick. A headless chicken might actually have better crossing ability than him, it'd probably get lucky in it's final death throes and it's little foot would shoot out and deliver the perfect cross for the greasy gypo to head against the bar. Stewart Downing is another baffling inclusion. His job is to create and he's created fuck all this season. You may as well cut his left leg off and have him use it as a crutch for all the use it is for football. My views on Oxlade-Chamberlain were made clear in the shoutbox, if I go into it again I may just blow a gasket. I really think it should have been either/or with Gerrard and Lampard. Not because they can't play together but because they've both had below par seasons but one of them had to be in there for the experience they bring. I'd have probably plumped for Gerrard over Lampard tbh. Milner is another who shouldn't be there, he's nothing but a work horse and has been a bit part player at City, only coming on when games are over and they want someone to work hard.

I'm not a Welbeck fan at all, I think he's a very poor player that's got lucky. But I can see why he's been picked as well. Andy Carroll is Andy Carroll ffs. He's looked like a bag of shite all season and then has a couple of good games and all of sudden he's picked? Jesus christ. Jermain Defoe can't even get in the Spurs side, so how has he earned a place in this squad?! That all being said, our options for forwards are woeful so it was always going to be Rooney and then a few cart horses to make the numbers up.

Edited by Romey 1878

Guest blueboy122

I am just waiting for the FA to release the actual real squad, surely that squad has to be a joke?

Agree with Romey really, I dont quite know what to say within regards to the squad.

Guest Nikica

Had to laugh when he said he was impressed by how AOC played against Pirlo and Ambrosini.

As for the other (provisional) squads, not too many surprises. I did expect Gameiro and Sakho to make the French squad, though.

Guest Nikica

The keepers are fine, no problem with them.

Why the fuck is Glenda Johnson in there? He's been dog wank. I'm not Micah Richards' biggest fan but there's no doubt he's had a good season and should be there, at least as back-up to Glenda. But that spot has obviously gone to Phil Jones, who should only EVER play CB, and even there has looked dodgy. I can understand why Terry's there with Ferdinand not being picked, we need someone at the heart of the defence who has been to a major tournament. No probem with the rest of the defenders.

Wtf is Walcott doing there? He's just a speedy headless chicken with absolutely no footballing brain. We'll spend the entire tournament watching him race down the wing to either cross the ball behind the goal or chasing after a ball that he's hit too hard so that it goes out for a goal kick. A headless chicken might actually have better crossing ability than him, it'd probably get lucky in it's final death throes and it's little foot would shoot out and deliver the perfect cross for the greasy gypo to head against the bar. Stewart Downing is another baffling inclusion. His job is to create and he's created fuck all this season. You may as well cut his left leg off and have him use it as a crutch for all the use it is for football. My views on Oxlade-Chamberlain were made clear in the shoutbox, if I go into it again I may just blow a gasket. I really think it should have been either/or with Gerrard and Lampard. Not because they can't play together but because they've both had below par seasons but one of them had to be in there for the experience they bring. I'd have probably plumped for Gerrard over Lampard tbh. Milner is another who shouldn't be there, he's nothing but a work horse and has been a bit part player at City, only coming on when games are over and they want someone to work hard.

I'm not a Welbeck fan at all, I think he's a very poor player that's got lucky. But I can see why he's been picked as well. Andy Carroll is Andy Carroll ffs. He's looked like a bag of shite all season and then has a couple of good games and all of sudden he's picked? Jesus christ. Jermain Defoe can't even get in the Spurs side, so how has he earned a place in this squad?! That all being said, our options for forwards are woeful so it was always going to be Rooney and then a few cart horses to make the numbers up.

Pretty much agree with all of it. Although I would have taken Ferdinand and dropped Terry. Both are cunts, but Rio is and always has been the better defender. Plus, it's not exactly fair that the poor twat has been dropped because Terry racially abused his brother.

Jones doesn't even look like a footballer. He's very young so has time to improve, but he looks like a pub footballer. He's always charging up the field and leaving massive gaps, shocking positional sense. He reminds me of Gerrard, who never sorted this aspect of his game, so I'm not sure Jones will either.

Welbeck as you say is a mediocre player who has been shot to the stars by United's famous hype machine.

Let's be fair, England haven't got much to pick from anyway have they? But Carrick and Richards should certainly have gone. In fact, they should both be starting.

Edited by Nikica