IGNORED

David Moyes. Ten Years

MikeO

Whatever perceived shortcomings some think he has there's no doubting that the last ten years have been a big step up from some of the dross that went before.

So congratulations to the man....going to be a lot of media stuff about it probably, certainly Football Focus tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17311722

What odds another tentongue.png ?

Guest blueboy122

Can not say enough good things about this man. Thank you David Moyes best manager we have had since Kendall I would say even better than Joe Royale. David Moyes deserves some silverware and Everton do as a club.

There is no doubt we have seen some good times under Moyes, but like J said, over 10 years you would have expected him to have adapted a little bit, but nevertheless, he does deserve praise, and hopefully one day he will get a season or 2 were he has a decent budget to spend.

Well Done Mr Moyes

Wednesday is the anniversary date and a big day for Moyes and Everton related things. No point in going over old ground except to say Moyes has done well at times and was a relief after the trash of the Smith tenure. No trophies to show for it, some may argue not acceptable, especially regarding the cup tournaments but some very commendable league finishes with limited resources and against various adversities. I do not want however Mr Moyes at the helm for another decade, that's simply too much of a strain, Yes the man has done well and I don't mind him as an individual and don't mind him in charge for the forseeable future, but another ten years of Moyes?, I say no if it's all fine and well. This season does represent a tangible opportunity to finally overcome the 17 year obstacle of no trophies and would be quite fitting for Moyes in his decade anniversary. I wish him well unsure.png

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/top-30-best-paid-managers-180530845.html

Considering our financial situation I have to admit I was a little surprised to see Moyes' name so high on that list - but I guess if we weren't giving him some serious coin he wouldn't have stuck around for ten years. Some interesting omissions as well - Bielsa for less than half the salary we're paying Moyes, anyone??

http://uk.eurosport....-180530845.html

Considering our financial situation I have to admit I was a little surprised to see Moyes' name so high on that list - but I guess if we weren't giving him some serious coin he wouldn't have stuck around for ten years. Some interesting omissions as well - Bielsa for less than half the salary we're paying Moyes, anyone??

its ok, hes going to take a 20% pay cut isnt he? dry.png

I am really very grateful for the loyalty that Moyes has shown. I am sure there are times when he could have walked away and if he had done so a new manager may not have been able to save us from relegation given the limited resources. Outside of the 5-6 clubs with the most money no club is safe from the threat of relegation but if DM left soon then the next boss has a better foundation to work from.

The DM article in today's Sunday Times was brilliant. Some laugh out loud lines and a paragraph about Duncan as captain for that first game against Fulham which makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

In terms of the immediate future, this week is one of the biggest weeks in the whole of David's tenure with us. A Derby win that takes us 7th (and with a fighting chance of european football) and a place in the FA Cup semi final would be huge. Let's hope for a special week.

And thank you David. Thank you for getting us.

Anyone else feel this is terrible timing now?

http://www.evertonfc.com/home/

Considering it was he who is solely responsible for all of us feeling like shite this morning, as well as being humiliated by Reds at work/school/uni/college, on top of questioning ourselves and also whether forking out on next years season ticket is really worth it....I feel sick. still.

Anyone else feel this is terrible timing now?

http://www.evertonfc.com/home/

Considering it was he who is solely responsible for all of us feeling like shite this morning, as well as being humiliated by Reds at work/school/uni/college, on top of questioning ourselves and also whether forking out on next years season ticket is really worth it....I feel sick. still.

Yes, it's a day for explanations not celebrations.

I've managed to calm down a bit after last night and decided to try and look at the bigger picture. Has Moyes done a good job for us in the last ten years - yes look at Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday,West ham all big clubs along our size that have all gone down. But I just can't see the logic in his team selections this season, I have never seen a season like this one, where one game we are brilliant and the next we are shit! We have to look beyond the past and look to the future and ask ourselves is Moyes the right man for the next ten years? I personally can see us never being relegated with him in charge but in the same breath I can't see us ever achieving anything, and if we ever get bought out I do wonder if he is the guy to to take us foward. Like someone posted in the Liverpool section, he is great at scrapping and building a team that will be steady and stay up, but I dont think he is capable of building an attractive footballing team.

As the title suggests I am not an Everton fan but I just thought I would put across some points about Moyes' time in charge of Everton. Could you please have a read of this and let me know your opinion http://wp.me/p25EUA-4q

Also just wanted to praise the Everton fans, very much a people's club, always friendly whenever I have been to Goodison Park and good luck for the rest of the season.

Cheers guys

I watched the sky sports interview last night with Geoff Shreeves where Moyes was talking about his tenure etc etc.

Couple of things I noted - one he said he made many mistakes early on in his tenure.... Blimey - my opinion is he's made more in the past 3 years than the 7 before that put together!

Secondly - regarding a buyer... the word he used was "i'm sure Bill kenwright would love someone to come and help him out"

This really does get my goat... what exactly is the terms of this sale/investment??? To me it sounds like some poor bloke who struggles to pay his mortgage wants someone to come along - do the house up, put a new boiler in, TV's, sofas, stick £50k in the bank account and get back in his box till the day the house comes up for sale and only then can he get his profits, meanwhile poor Mr Bloke leans over his new fence showing his fab house off to his neighbours...

Unless i'm mistaken?

They never use the word "buyer" Steve... I don't want kenwright involved, need fresh start, new faces, new ideas, who can design and go about implementing a plan.

To me there are far too many in the club who have lowered cumulative expectations for too long, we haven't evolved, we follow the same pattern - restricted by cash of course.