IGNORED

West Brom (home)

THFC6061

Everton v West Brom

Everton's last two results - wins against Sunderland in their FA Cup quarter-final replay and at Swansea in the Premier League - have been very impressive and, as they always tend to do at this stage of the season, they have come good again.

Nikica Jelavic has made a big difference to the Toffees since he joined in January because he has started putting the ball into the net, which had been a real problem for them this season.

You never know quite what you are going to get with West Brom, who were unhinged by the pace of Newcastle's front three in their home defeat by the Magpies last week.

So, I have to go for a comfortable Everton win here. They have their FA Cup semi-final at Wembley to look forward to but they will want a top-10 finish to go with it and, with the resources David Moyes has got at his disposal, that would be pretty good.

Moyes came straight out after Tuesday's win at Sunderland to say they are the underdogs in that semi-final against Liverpool, and they probably are because of derby results in the past few years.

But, with the way the Toffees are playing now, they will quite fancy themselves to make it all the way to the final.

Prediction: Everton 2-0 West Bromwich Albion

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the Table would look like if his forecasts were all correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not always pessimistic and to prove it I will say here and now. "This is one game we can win."

(Hope I haven't buggered up our chances now)

Anyway I think Jelly will score a few as he won't always miss the sitters and he is bound to be in the right place. Either Pienaar or Gyuere will get the ball into him. After his undoubted hat trick Straq will come on and bag one too. Cahill will get the first though, and perhaps Felli will get one. So I confidently predict we will either get 6 or none.

6 - 0 to us. (And if there is a late pen, I vote Hibbo takes it.)

West Brom are a few points off the 'battle at the bottom'....how will they come to Goodison? a couple of wins and they should be safe, I don't know who they've got left, but will they see this as a 'just go for it' anything they can get from us would be a bonus, if they play without fear they could just give us a few problems.

Maybe Moyes will see this as a chance to start resting a few players! be great if we could do that and still win.

Didn't quite work last time.......2-2

Felli's a yellow short of a ban....didn't know that (and Moyes claimed not to in the pre match interview).

So presumably he's on nine and another would get him a two match ban (if I understand it right).

Case for getting one on purpose tomorrow? Better than missing the semi.

Felli's a yellow short of a ban....didn't know that (and Moyes claimed not to in the pre match interview).

So presumably he's on nine and another would get him a two match ban (if I understand it right).

Case for getting one on purpose tomorrow? Better than missing the semi.

He's only on 5 according to this:

http://guardian.touc...=Comp_Cards&t=4

Edited by GoodisonRoad

This is the official match day thread isn't it because there's something I'm not entirely happy about here.

In any event, I can't see any problems with this one. If we can produce anything like we did the other night it should be plain sailing especially with home advantage. I hope Moyes keeps the recent attacking emphasis going and we can maintain the last weeks good work and keep that up.

Toffees 2 Albion 0

This has him at eight (maybe not updated from Tuesday?)...

http://www.evertonre...12redyellow.htm

Yeah Mike, i think the one i posted was Premier League only (unfortunately!). So if he gets booked tommorrow he will miss the next 2 games? but be back for the Semi? Shame really as i dont think he's in need of a rest too much and his form has been outstanding, be a shame to disrupt it.

This is the official match day thread isn't it because there's something I'm not entirely happy about here.

In any event, I can't see any problems with this one. If we can produce anything like we did the other night it should be plain sailing especially with home advantage. I hope Moyes keeps the recent attacking emphasis going and we can maintain the last weeks good work and keep that up.

Toffees 2 Albion 0

???

I wouldnt underestimate West Brom as they can be a good team and with recent history suggesting we may well take our foot off the gas, we could be in for a real battle. Having said that, I think Moyes has a good record against Hodgson teams as he knows how to spoil them and hopefully the same will happen here.

I would quite like to see Gueye given another run out to see if he can build on his performance agains Sunderland. It would be thoroughly deserved.

Never like coming on here and seeing everyone positive, so I'm glad Bailey's had a sensible word. We always play worst when expected to do well. Not sure where it comes from, but it's a quality we'd do well to lose.

I'll be airborne during the game and hoping for good news when we land. Would love to see us keep playing action jackson style, I think it suits us, especially towards the end of the campaign.

Never like coming on here and seeing everyone positive, so I'm glad Bailey's had a sensible word. We always play worst when expected to do well. Not sure where it comes from, but it's a quality we'd do well to lose.

I'll be airborne during the game and hoping for good news when we land. Would love to see us keep playing action jackson style, I think it suits us, especially towards the end of the campaign.

I think thats the first time I have seen my name and sensible in the same sentence! ohmy.png