IGNORED

The Refereeing Thread

Aye it's all over, and fair play to United really.

They are set to break the record for most points in the Prem... and yet most fans believe it's been a below par season (including me).

Amazing season really for odd results. City have given it their best, and it just fell short at the end. Arsenal defied everybody's early expectations and Everton look like doing their usual... storming finish that would leave most supporters wondering what might have been had they started a bit better!

Still unhappy at the refereeing shambles all season. It's affected the fates of many teams

They are set to break the record for most points in the Prem... and yet most fans believe it's been a below par season (including me).

Amazing season really for odd results. City have given it their best, and it just fell short at the end. Arsenal defied everybody's early expectations and Everton look like doing their usual... storming finish that would leave most supporters wondering what might have been had they started a bit better!

Still unhappy at the refereeing shambles all season. It's affected the fates of many teams

If we beat them, it will make for a cracking Manchester derby, if you win as well it would open it back up. It's a big if like, but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.

why is it all over? no one expected wigan to beat them? utd have been playin shite and city got their swagger back last night...they have some dodgy games left which they only need to draw one of and city are more than capable of beating them and you have a better goal difference after last night...not over til it's over

It's hard to believe Ferguson has been in charge at MUFC since 1986, is he the longest serving manager in British soccer, I know Dario Gradi started at Crewe Alex in 1982/83 but he left sometime this century before going back, so broke his tenure, these managers are a tribute to tenacity.

Still hope 100 per cent City can win the title this year, I don't care about the money spent, so what, they've spent so long living in the shadow of their neighbors and at least now are on a level footing and have the capabilities top win something again and be successful, I won't begrudge them any success. Their supporters must have fucking sick the last 2o years seeing United winning everything in sight, let the other half of the city have a go I say.

Why's it all over?...

Well, it's United and it's City. Enough said! They'll most likely win it at City too :-(

Of course, anything is possible really, it's just most City fans are so used to being in the shadows, if anybody's going to ruin City's season it's United. They've done it too many time to us.

But enough about us lot... I'm so excited for the Semi!!!... can't be bothered about the other semi, but this one's going to be a total cracker, I'm sure of it. I can't deny admiring Liverpool (of old) but I'll be cheering on Everton. I just think they probably deserve it more, and think any double from Liverpool this year would be totally flattering.

It's hard to believe Ferguson has been in charge at MUFC since 1986, is he the longest serving manager in British soccer, I know Dario Gradi started at Crewe Alex in 1982/83 but he left sometime this century before going back, so broke his tenure, these managers are a tribute to tenacity.

Still hope 100 per cent City can win the title this year, I don't care about the money spent, so what, they've spent so long living in the shadow of their neighbors and at least now are on a level footing and have the capabilities top win something again and be successful, I won't begrudge them any success. Their supporters must have fucking sick the last 2o years seeing United winning everything in sight, let the other half of the city have a go I say.

For almost their entire history they've been bigger than us... we just a few years here and there where we overshadowed them. In many respects similar to Liverpool / Everton - except with a much larger gulf. But yeah, it's not nice seeing them win again and again... and again.

No denying it though... the best pub team this country's ever known. Makes me wonder what they might have achieved with some proper players.

Same old same old at OT apparently (though I've not seen it).

Ashley Young swallow dive for another penalty....the man will get a reputation if he's not careful! Oh wait...he already has one...and the ref's still buy it.

He's a disgrace, it was a foul, but he was looking for it and made a meal of it. Should be looking to create a goal not force a pen. Remember a ref not giving one to Diouf for doing the same.

I don't really care much for other teams out there but these replies got me looking and fuck it, United winning, not something I really wanted to see, get this all the time, fixtures out there going on you're not really aware of and all but not really pleased about this. Opposition teams are going to get little in way of favorable decisions up there, and with old red nose Ferguson and bully beef Rooney about it all makes for a rather boring predictable afternoon, I think they have done enough to be league champs again now. sad.png

I think all soccer players should be banned from these social network things, they just make a rod for their own backs sometimes.

Fuck off, russian linesman incident in London, 2-0 to the plastics now..

A match official giving a dubious decision to Chelsea, what a damn surprise etc , the fucking ball wasn't even over the goal line or anywhere near it!

Sorry to any Spurs fan out there for that nonsense, you've been done up there today.. dry.png

Crazy decision given in the Chelski vs Spurs game, there is no way that was over the line and no way that lino could have seen it.

Watching from tv we could tell it wasn't over the line in seconds... too much is at stake for this technology not to be used!

I think all soccer players should be banned from these social network things, they just make a rod for their own backs sometimes.

Fuck off, russian linesman incident in London, 2-0 to the plastics now..

A match official giving a dubious decision to Chelsea, what a damn surprise etc , the fucking ball wasn't even over the goal line or anywhere near it!

Sorry to any Spurs fan out there for that nonsense, you've been done up there today.. dry.png

It wasn't the linesman that gave the goal.

Why are the commentators (&Chiles) suggesting it's somehow less controversial because Chelsea got five? It's an irrelevance, the score at the time of the goal is all that matters....2-0 makes it a totally different game than 1-0, specially in the cup.

Why are the commentators (&Chiles) suggesting it's somehow less controversial because Chelsea got five? It's an irrelevance, the score at the time of the goal is all that matters....2-0 makes it a totally different game than 1-0, specially in the cup.

Because its ITV and they're shit at covering sport.

Don't know how that man ever got a job in television, especially for anything to do with footy. He was shocking on motd, blatantly knows feck all about football, and doesnt make it up with any form of charisma/personality/likeability/talent add to that he has a face like a plastic bucket on a bon fire. It really baffles how he got a job in tv.

Same old same old at OT apparently (though I've not seen it).

Ashley Young swallow dive for another penalty....the man will get a reputation if he's not careful! Oh wait...he already has one...and the ref's still buy it.

I hate that, they must know by now what he's like. At Villa he was the same, always on the floor, always in the ref's face when a decision went against them. How have they not learnt yet????

Ypung kicked the Villa defender's foot to force the foul. He's a con man.

Young stood on Clark's foot as he tried to put his leg out of the challenge. Ferguson also said he went to ground....fuck me, that must mean somnething if he's admitting it!?

I wonder if the FA will fine Taylor for that. It wouldn't surprise me.

Nor me, because they're twats.

Watching from tv we could tell it wasn't over the line in seconds... too much is at stake for this technology not to be used!

It would take less than 30 seconds to review, its rediculous. I've been saying this for years.

Martin Atkinson once again shows what a terrible referee he is.

Yesterday - Obvious goal that wasn't. Earlier in the season - Obvious sending off that wasn't (Rodwell)

Martin Atkinson, it has just been announced is to be one of the two extra officials at the European Championship Final between Bayern Munich and Real Madrid. His job is to stand behind the goal and judge whether the ball actually crosses the line.ohmy.png

blink.pngI%20surrender.gif

Beggars belief doesn't it?

Edit: I do of course mean the Semi Final

Edited by Rubecula

About time they have a cheaters panel, by that some ex players study a string of incidents and decide whther the players have dived, if so it's an automatic one match ban, it drives me insane I hope young is ashamed of himself, alas I think all he wants is a medal.

I love the fact that 'this', was barely mentioned at all....

...would this be a bookable offence?

Exactly Ten, if that was the other way round chances are Heitinga would have been sent off because that little shit would have milked it like there was no tomorrow. Was furious when i saw it and still winds me up now. Why did Ivanovic get pulled up on his against Wigan was it? he got a 3 match ban... why not Suarez? Poor Liverpool ey, everyone's against them.....dry.png