Baines

c1982

That teams pathetic, should be more on the lines of this

Vorm/De Gea/Krul

Hibbert/Neville/Simpson/Kelly Kompany/Skrtel Evans/Lescott Evra/Ekotto

Fellaini

Silva Dempsey Sessegon Mata

RVP

Goalkeeper: Too tough to choose, but if you believe it's Joe Hart you are a patriot of the utmost blindness of a Liverpool 'king Kenny fan.

Defenders: Few Swansea and the ex-united Sunderland players have done well, Vermaelen has come back and cemented Arsenals champs league place, and Heitiniga has come in and give us a calmness at the back but its hard to look past the others I've mentioned.

Midfield: Cabaye, Parker and Arteta just missing out as Fellaini has just pissed all over the champions. Hoolahan and Dyer not far behind. Moses has been the only positive for Wigan this season, and Valencia and Sigurdsson giving a late shout.

Strikers: Rooney has been very hot and cold, even some sensible utd fans will admit this, with 2 dry spells. Aguero has been MIA for the middle of the season. Ba and Adebayor both had great first halfs, likewise with Jelavic and Cisse for the second half. Only one man who's stood out every week and thats RVP.

Edited by pete0

ekotto has had a good half season...same as baines granted and if you ask the utd fans what they think of evra lately you'll see he belongs nowhere near that team...i think baines got in by default personally as cole has been dog wank...cabaye should certainly be ahead of parker and jonny evans? he's had a good 15 games

ekotto has had a good half season...same as baines granted and if you ask the utd fans what they think of evra lately you'll see he belongs nowhere near that team...i think baines got in by default personally as cole has been dog wank...cabaye should certainly be ahead of parker and jonny evans? he's had a good 15 games

Evans has 14 clean sheets and has been given a lot of credit in utd's turn around.

Baines is 11th in TT's motm ranking, Barkley has one more vote and only played 4 games, very hard case to make out Baines has been good enough this season. I can't stand either of the LB's I named but both have done more than Baines this season. The united fans I know, all wank over Evra(as they do for most their players though).

i don't think baines deserves it either...but ekotto is a shocking player and has had a few good games when spurs were attacking well...evans hasn't had a good full season...i think baines gets in cos he has had a steady season without shining or standing out as bein shite...and the tt motm rankings mean nothing at all...people probably logged on to spunk over barkley

i don't think baines deserves it either...but ekotto is a shocking player and has had a few good games when spurs were attacking well...evans hasn't had a good full season...i think baines gets in cos he has had a steady season without shining or standing out as bein shite...and the tt motm rankings mean nothing at all...people probably logged on to spunk over barkley

Baines hasn't even had a good spell though, Hibbert/Neville have stood out for me more this season. Baines should have had been in it last year.

Guest Nikica

My team (4231)

Krul

Richards/Simpson Kompany Coloccini Baines

Cabaye Yaya Toure

Mata Dempsey Kun

Van Persie

I will add some subs: Vorm, Evans, Assou-Ekotto, Sessegnon, Carrick, Silva, Rooney,

Krul and Vorm have been excellent all season. Hart has been hit and miss, although he has made some amazing saves. Right-back hasn't been a stand-out: Richards started well but lost his place recently, Simpson isn't much of a player but he's been practically an ever-present in Newcastle's season and has been fairly solid. I really don't rate Walker. Kompany has been brilliant at CB when he has played, although his suspensions do take away something from his season. Coloccini has been excellent. I am not a fan of Evans at all, I think he is playing above himself and nowhere near United standard, but fair is fair he has had a very good season. I like Baines a lot, I despise Ashley Cole and believe he is in decline. I would like to see Baines start for England in the Ukraine. BAE has been quite solid this season, again a lack of stand-out LBs.

Cabaye is an absolutely fantastic player, who seems to have gone under the radar a bit this season. Yaya Toure has been his usual dominant self, for me he's the best centre midfielder in the league. City fell apart a bit when he went to the ACoN. Dempsey has to be in the team due to his goalscoring exploits for an unfashionable club. Sessegnon is a real class act and should probably be playing for a better team. Silva was imperious in the first half of the season but fell away. I think he is carrying an injury tbh. He's shown signs recently that he is getting some form back. I've never been a fan of Carrick but fair is fair, he's been excellent for the most part this season, although he still struggles when pressed. For me, he's far better than Parker who is a decent player but a bit of a headless chicken and lacks subtlety in his game.

Mata is surrounded by players who are much less talented than he is, and has stood out. In their Valencia days, I as of the opinion that Mata is a better player than Silva, and I think he can still prove that in England. Van Persie is an automatic choice, player of the season. Aguero is just brilliant, I've been a massive fan since his days in Argentina, and in my opinion he is the most talented player in the PL and better than Rooney.

Honourable mentions, who performed well for parts of the season or came in January etc: Ba, Cisse, Ben Arfa, Fellaini, Jelavic, Howard, Sinclair, Allen, Sigurdsson, Moses, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Arteta, Suarez, Enrique, Skrtel, King, Friedel, Valencia, Bale, Hart, Sczezeny, Meireles, Lescott, Tiote etc. I could go on but there's a selection of players who have stood out at various parts of the season, but done less (to varying degrees) than was needed to make the team.

Edited by Nikica

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When was the last time a left back was so important to a team.He brings the best out of another of our better players Pienaar, and to be honest he seems to bring the best out of most of the other players around him.

First names on the teamsheet Jelavic, Baines, Fellani and Pienaar........

Trouble could be we look to him so much for his forward movement and almost expect him to be in the opponents half, that we may just leave things open a tad at the back against fast counter attackers.

Other than that, Leighton Baines, keep it up!