IGNORED

Best Centre Back Pairing Under Moyes?

Best Centre Back Pairing Under Moyes?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Best Centre Back Pairing Under Moyes?

• Stubbs & Weir
    • Stubbs & Yobo
    • Weir & Yobo
    • Yobo & Jagielka
    • Yobo & Lescott
    • Jagielka & Lescott
    • Jagielka & Distin
    • Jagielka & Heitinga
    • Heitinga & Distin
    • Other

Went with Heitinga and Distin, not really sure why, i just can't have Jags in there, don't rate him.

probably because they are the best partnership over the last 2 years. Was going to be my choice too but, over the 10 years Jags/Lescott just about pip them...

Jagielka and Lescott.

They both worked for each other and made each other look like superstars, Jagielka has been a shadow of himself since Joleon left and I don't think he's ever fully recovered from that injury he got back near the FA Cup Final with Chelsea.

Was tempted to go for Heitinga and Distin but they haven't played that much together and I was conscious of over-rating the latest thing I've seen.

I went for Jags and Lescott, not just for their excellent defensive partnership, but also for their threat from set pieces

Anybody actually have any stats for goals conceded for each pair?

Easily sorted....go through Everton stats for the last ten years (helpfully provided on the OS)...check the team for every game and add it up as you go along.

Just the five hundred odd games to check....we'll leave that to you jona mate....let us know the resultstongue.png .

I think Jags (Before he was injured for a while) and Lescott (Before he bailed on us)... but currently it would be Distin & Heitinga. Though we don't seem to have any youngsters currently challenging them for a place. I think DM is pretty loyal to his players - maybe too loyal and not giving others a rotation to give them more experience.

I think Jags (Before he was injured for a while) and Lescott (Before he bailed on us)... but currently it would be Distin & Heitinga. Though we don't seem to have any youngsters currently challenging them for a place. I think DM is pretty loyal to his players - maybe too loyal and not giving others a rotation to give them more experience.

Duffy, although we have lost one (Mustafi) partly due to few opportunities.

Yeah that's true - hence we'd like to see him have more game time... all the pairings in the opening post are players 30-31+ years old... Duffy hasn't played enough.

Edited by Droobie

I know they aren't anywhere near 1st team quality (yet), but does anyone have a clue to how Dier and Hammar are progressing? And are we any closer to grabbing Dier permanently?

Edited by Quinn31