IGNORED

Hugo Rodallega

Kind of player who play well off jelavic's hold up play - would love this to happen although he seems to have lost his way a bit this season.

It might be because he's been playing with a shit team though. If he was given a breath of fresh air then maybe his past performances would start to seep through. If we could get him on the cheap then I would say go for it as when he first joined Wigan he looked like a world-beater.

Actually, just looked at the link it seems we could get him for nothing at all - no brainer for me.

oh not again.....crying.gif

can he really be any worse than Victor? and Zoo is right, when he first went to Wigan he looked awesome, it could be that he is just in a crap team, although Wigan's movement is far better than ours, they just don't do anything with it, and can't defend. Edited by theprisoner

can he really be any worse than Victor? and Zoo is right, when he first went to Wigan he looked awesome, it could be that he is just in a crap team, although Wigan's movement is far better than ours, they just don't do anything with it, and can't defend.

that is not a bench mark for buying players! shaking fist.png

im only trying to compare him to what we have, tbh im not sure if id be that keen on it, id prefer us to look at someone slightly more proven

fair enough. For me hes on the same level. Has a couple of moments and scores a couple of important goals which cover up how crap he really is.

on a free wont be on a big wage id take him, rather have him than Vic. You need at least 4 strikers so deffo

Not sure we need 4 strikers really, In a team that play 2 up front maybe, but we don't, would rather see us with 2 quality lone strikers (Jelavic and Vellios will do for me), and 2 deep lying forward / trequarista / advanced playmaker / fake number 9 (this is what I think we are lacking).

Not sure we need 4 strikers really, In a team that play 2 up front maybe, but we don't, would rather see us with 2 quality lone strikers (Jelavic and Vellios will do for me), and 2 deep lying forward / trequarista / advanced playmaker / fake number 9 (this is what I think we are lacking).

We could be a quality team if we had Modric.

• 3 months later...

-----Rodwell/Gibson Fellaini

-------------Osman

Naismith--------------Rodallega

--------------Jela

Osman coming over to defend on Rodallega. Apparently Naismith is good defensively so wouldn't need the same protection. Osman Rodwell (if Gibson rely more on Felli, with Gibson when possible, but main job to dictate the play) and Fellaini taking turns getting forward. I'd be happy with that. Hopefully Pranjic coming, to play in the more defensive games in replace of Rodagella. If we could pull this off and not lose anyone I'd be more than happy and fully confident going into the season.

Was once attracting the attention of Arsenal and Liverpool, but been a bit shit lately. I'd like to see us take a punt on him, if it does not work out sell him on to a championship club a la Beckford.

Thats because he is shit.

This could be quite an interesting capture actually, not the biggest name in world soccer but I remember many times his endeavors at Wigan and got into the news a few times. We've never had a Colombian at Everton and he could be a bit of a colorful character. If this did go through, and we had him for next season, I wouldn't be too upset

Thats because he is shit.

brett angel was shit. this guy has scored a few top flight goals in a bad team + he's already settled in the area. also he has a bit of pace, which we could do with. i wouldn't pay a transfer team for him but on a free we should defo snap him up - it's worth the risk. if he IS shit for us, we sell him to a spanish team or a team like leicester or QPR who have cash and a record for picking up 'reject' players.

brett angel was shit. this guy has scored a few top flight goals in a bad team + he's already settled in the area. also he has a bit of pace, which we could do with. i wouldn't pay a transfer team for him but on a free we should defo snap him up - it's worth the risk. if he IS shit for us, we sell him to a spanish team or a team like leicester or QPR who have cash and a record for picking up 'reject' players.

Is that comparison supposed to make it all ok?! :P

I get your point, but he will want a decent wage and over a year will cost us 1m at least, nevermind the signing on fee. If he is shit, would we then be able to sell him on at a profit (covering wages + signing on fee)? Im not so sure....

Is that comparison supposed to make it all ok?! tongue.png

I get your point, but he will want a decent wage and over a year will cost us 1m at least, nevermind the signing on fee. If he is shit, would we then be able to sell him on at a profit (covering wages + signing on fee)? Im not so sure....

Looking at the price strikers are going for, we'd still profit off him after a season. £4-6 mil I'd guess, double that if he does well.