IGNORED

M'Baye Niang

We need to get this deal wrapped up and thats a worry considering that Niang apparantly wants to go to AC Milan instead. If Milan do match our offer (which they probably will) and get it accepted by Caen then there is only one place that he will be going.

I hope we get him, I'm just not sure we will.

I'd rather we spent the money getting someone in who can help progress the first team tbh, this kid is still only 17 and it will probably be 2-3 years before he starts playing in the first team anyway, can we afford to spend £3m on a player we wont see for another couple of years? i think this season top 4 is a real possibility and i'd rather moyes work his magic getting another Gibson/Cahill/Pienaar type signing in so were not half way through the season with 2-3 injuries hindering our progress.

Take my following post with a pinch of salt but;

Say this Niang has the potential to be a world beater, the next Messi perhaps, is £3 million really a lot of money to be spending? The answer is no. M'Baye Niang is supposed to be the dogs bollocks and I think that if we sign him its a win win situation whatever happens, if he comes in he will improve our team by being fantastic and if the top clubs start sniffing around we'll be able to make a massive amount of profit thus giving us the ability to sign other quality players and compete with Europe's elite.

Take my following post with a pinch of salt but;

Say this Niang has the potential to be a world beater, the next Messi perhaps, is £3 million really a lot of money to be spending? The answer is no. M'Baye Niang is supposed to be the dogs bollocks and I think that if we sign him its a win win situation whatever happens, if he comes in he will improve our team by being fantastic and if the top clubs start sniffing around we'll be able to make a massive amount of profit thus giving us the ability to sign other quality players and compete with Europe's elite.

You say its a "win win" but you've only stated the "win" situation and havent taken into consideration the "lose" aspect. What if we buy him and he doesnt reach the heights people thought he would reach, its happend to a lot of young players. Then the £3m (that is a lot of money for us IMO) that we spend on him is down the drain when we could have spent it on a player who can come into the squad straight away and potentially help us push top 4-6. For Example, Pienaar £2m (when we first signed him), Gibson 500k, Cahill £1.7m.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

I was just going to say that ^

Even if he comes and is shite £3 million is not a lot of money to get back nowadays. I mean not to get back on the Rodwell band-wagon but IMO he was shite and look how much money we got for him because he's a 'young talent'. Niang will be the same, even if he comes and does nothing because of his age and 'future potential' people will always come sniffing.

I'm thinking more short term, my point was, should we really spend £3m on a player that we might see in 2-3 years and might or might not be any good, when we're still (with the current squad we have) a couple of injuries away from having some problems IMO. Just rather see the £3m go towards another first team player, as i think we're still a player or two short.

Given the fact he was already getting games regularly in the Ligue 1, I expect him to feature earlier than in 3 years time. If we get him in now, we give him half a season to settle in, then get him a loan to a good Championship side and see how far he has progressed next year.

Rooney was 16 when He burst onto the scene and I'm sure He was well off the radar to nearly every top club before doing so same can be said of Wilshere and many many more young players, for Me age means just that nothing more if a player is capable then He's capable.

If the multiple reports on this lad are true then 2M in todays world is absolute penuts and even if He did not live upto the hype and was just a bit part player then We would recoup the fee no problem anyhow.

Rooney was known to everyone before he made his debut. Walter Smith wanted to play him at 14 but he needed to have finished school/permission from his school to play.

Really I never knew that Louis, I never heard much or anything about Rooney media wise until He came into the first team He certainly didn't get the attention that alot of these lads get now but maybe that's just down to how the media's grown.

The point I was trying to make really is that age shouldn't play such a big factor as many make out I can understand clubs protecting young talent and so on but if the lads good enough to play then he's good enough....

Look at Sterling for the shite yesterday. The adage if your good enough, your old enough. IMO most definitely worth a punt at 3 million. Quite excited about this one!

It also helps with the position they play in - it's easier to throw a 17 year old winger or striker in rather than cm/dc, unless you're a certain cesc Fabregas!

It also helps with the position they play in - it's easier to throw a 17 year old winger or striker in rather than cm/dc, unless you're a certain cesc Fabregas!

It might be easier for a manager to do it as it is perceived to be less risky, but there's no objective reason not to put in a young midfielder or centre back if he has the talent. Vincent Kompany became a regular starter for Anderlecht when he was 17. Of course, that was in a lesser league, but he was also a stand out performer in their Champions League games against Bayern, Inter, Valencia and the likes at a very young age.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed when Barkley didn't get too play against Villa. If you can't give him a go when you're 3-0 up against ten men, when can you? I highly doubt Heitinga appreciates having to come on for a couple of minutes to waste time at the end of games too, so I would have just used that third sub to get Barkley on 60-70 minutes in.

Edited by Steve_E