IGNORED

M'Baye Niang

We will not see much more than £5m of the Rodwell money, the only way we can squeeze more IMO is due to salary reductions and utilising this to further fund transfers over a few years.

To my knowledge we have sold Cahill and Yobo for £3.5m, bought Pienaar £4.5m. So.... £10m as per usual to pay off debt/interest leaves us £5m.

Can I see another player leaving???

Why ? Is it against the Buffoon Union rules to have any positive news or something?

Why ? Is it against the Buffoon Union rules to have any positive news or something?

Why do you quote blue union when you want to counter a valid point I make? I'm not in the B.U - never been to a meeting but understand their frustrations - maybe you're unable to take off your bill goggles Dunc. Maybe I should annoy the shite out of you and refer to you as happy clapper???

Maybe you could share your fiscal expertise with us and explain how a club unable to leverage any further finances to fund player recruitment is able to do so without selling existing assets??? In doing so please explain how we are no longer at a £5m plus loss despite no relevant increased attendances or corporate performance... Over to you.

Edited by Hafnia

Maybe you could share your fiscal expertise with us and explain how a club unable to leverage any further finances to fund player recruitment is able to do so without selling existing assets??? In doing so please explain how we are no longer at a £5m plus loss despite no relevant increased attendances or corporate performance... Over to you.

could ask the same of you? I wouldve thought 4 mortgages paid off, a massive TV deal kicking in and millions off the wage bill, plus 15.5m coming in and only 4.5m spent so far....

Hmmmmmm....... Dont have to be a financial expert to work that out. Oh, and as for the 5m loss, I refer you to the record TV deal again.... Oh, and EVERY club has to sell players to finance new signings. Every club. Its called business and its how business works. We have done it more than other clubs in the past but its nothing out of the ordinary.

Cheer up Haf, things are actually looking up!

edit: in case youve not seen the TV deal figures, read the 1st paragraph (the 1st article I could find):

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/jun/13/premier-league-tv-rights-3-billion-sky-bt

Edited by Matt

could ask the same of you? I wouldve thought 4 mortgages paid off, a massive TV deal kicking in and millions off the wage bill, plus 15.5m coming in and only 4.5m spent so far....

Hmmmmmm....... Dont have to be a financial expert to work that out. Oh, and as for the 5m loss, I refer you to the record TV deal again.... Oh, and EVERY club has to sell players to finance new signings. Every club. Its called business and its how business works. We have done it more than other clubs in the past but its nothing out of the ordinary.

Cheer up Haf, things are actually looking up!

edit: in case youve not seen the TV deal figures, read the 1st paragraph (the 1st article I could find):

http://www.guardian....-billion-sky-bt

Wait a tick! Does that mean that we can all.... figure it out? GASP

Wait a tick! Does that mean that we can all.... figure it out? GASP

In order to figure it out, you'd have to look at all sides of the arguments, not just the bits you want to see....

But yeah, essentially the figures are published each year so it can be roughly worked out. 1 thing we dont know is whether the club are working on new deals (they usually are) or whether players will get bored / want a new challenge / want a bigger pay check / etc....

In order to figure it out, you'd have to look at all sides of the arguments, not just the bits you want to see....

But yeah, essentially the figures are published each year so it can be roughly worked out. 1 thing we dont know is whether the club are working on new deals (they usually are) or whether players will get bored / want a new challenge / want a bigger pay check / etc....

Yeah I was just being sarcastic. Again. Maybe I should start putting in those eye rolling smiley faces.

But in all seriousness I agree with you that it's relatively straight forward to make out a rough fiscal picture for the club - yes we need to appease the banks, yes we need to get players off the books before we get new ones but given the recent activities we're not in that bad of a shape at all. Of course we don't know the exact numbers but ball park is doable.

So We've paid 4 mortgages off whilst operating at a loss of £5m a year before player sales.... Blimey, give elstone a knighthood.

I just did a balance transfer, cleared 4 store cards, just the one bill to pay now - get in there!!!

who said they did a good job? Or is that your last desperate dig?

So We've paid 4 mortgages off whilst operating at a loss of £5m a year before player sales.... Blimey, give elstone a knighthood.

I just did a balance transfer, cleared 4 store cards, just the one bill to pay now - get in there!!!

You ask, "In doing so please explain how we are no longer at a £5m plus loss despite no relevant increased attendances or corporate performance... Over to you."

Pointed out that we've paid off a chunk of the debt (reducing interest payments) and are increasing income by minimally £14m pa due to the TV deal.

Say that just gives us an extra £15m.....that turns a £5m loss into a £10m profit doesn't it?

I know that's in very simplistic terms but surely grounds for optimism?

We are effectively using next years tv rights to pay off loans, a common practice for the club. We will be borrowing money to do this, at a lower rate??? Hasn't our rating hit rock bottom which prices us at higher interest rates???

Let's wait and see the accounts at the end of the year, £14m increase is applicable to nearly every club, the realisation of this increased revenue is going to be nullified when it comes to salary negotiations and transfer fees.

We are looking at the same reoccurring process for years till our debt is gone. Sell high, buy low.

Why do you quote blue union when you want to counter a valid point I make? I'm not in the B.U - never been to a meeting but understand their frustrations - maybe you're unable to take off your bill goggles Dunc. Maybe I should annoy the shite out of you and refer to you as happy clapper???

Think its already been said really

The reason I associate you with the Buffoon Union is because you keep coming out with the same soundbites as them and for the record I am not a " happy clapper " ( a Buffoonism I do beleive) I am just anti BU

We are effectively using next years tv rights to pay off loans, a common practice for the club. We will be borrowing money to do this, at a lower rate??? Hasn't our rating hit rock bottom which prices us at higher interest rates???

Let's wait and see the accounts at the end of the year, £14m increase is applicable to nearly every club, the realisation of this increased revenue is going to be nullified when it comes to salary negotiations and transfer fees.

We are looking at the same reoccurring process for years till our debt is gone. Sell high, buy low.

you do realise that is the only way a business can operate?

As for borrowing against potential income, Id but a significant bet on nearly every club doing this. That said, who knows if we are taking out more debts against the future TV deal?

We pay for our transfers with store cards now?

Dammit, how do I change the fonts? I'm just being silly I suppose

you do realise that is the only way a business can operate?

As for borrowing against potential income, Id but a significant bet on nearly every club doing this. That said, who knows if we are taking out more debts against the future TV deal?

I agree. If this is what we've done, the borrowing will now be at a lower rate as our revenue stream has had a significant increase. So it makes sense to pay off old new with new debt at a lower interest rate. This is the basics of managing cash flows, the type of stuff Dom Littlewood goes on about.

Yeah I was just being sarcastic. Again. Maybe I should start putting in those eye rolling smiley faces.

But in all seriousness I agree with you that it's relatively straight forward to make out a rough fiscal picture for the club - yes we need to appease the banks, yes we need to get players off the books before we get new ones but given the recent activities we're not in that bad of a shape at all. Of course we don't know the exact numbers but ball park is doable.

there really is a desperate need for a sarcasm font considering most of the users here laugh.png

Ha I like it. Maybe all sarcasm should be underlined, and in a bold orange font. Then no one would miss the jokes. Except for people on the outside of course.

so what do you guys think of Niang then?

Lets get back on course guys.

He is here for a trail. Would we expect him to join if we decide we want him? Most trialists are usually impressed when they come here so we could be suprised with this one.

And he does look an exciting prospect.

Depends on the price but how many times have good prem performers gone somewhere on the cheap when we could have had them? Ben Arfa went to Newcastle for 2mil, just one example of a player we could have had who then went on to be a success. If Tottenham and Arsenal were looking at him he must have something. If he can match any of the potential he seems to have in his trial then we should really be looking to tie him down.

Wingers have never been our strong point under Moyes, but now with Pienaar (not really a winger but still a wide player) Coleman, Naismith able to play there, and now Mirallas and Niang, we could have a nice berth of wide options this season.

Is it not a bit strange that someone who is still under contract has a trial at another club? Thought trials were more for free agents or unknown players?

Is it not a bit strange that someone who is still under contract has a trial at another club? Thought trials were more for free agents or unknown players?

Caen are playing in Ligue 2 this season. Its not uncommon for players from smaller clubs to have a trial with a larger club while still under contract to the former club. You see it more from players from latin/ south America, and Africa because they havent had a lot of exposure.

Last season Niang only played in 23 matches and made 14 starts. He also only averaged about 45 minutes per match so even though he is thought of as a super prospect there is more unknown than otherwise.