IGNORED

M'Baye Niang

He's a Mario Balloteli type character, isn't he?

Sod that.

When I was on thr train I looked at some of the Milan fan pages and one of them actually said he is like Balotelli but with a bit more between the ears. That does imply that Balotelli has something between the ears which I'm not so sure about.

Reading through their pages over the years I think they had basically had enough of him. Does his bit for the team and clearly has some ability but when it comes to playing that final pass or finishing something off he fucks it up. We already have Mirallas for that!

I will say that I don't totally understand this or buy into this yet, but I do think this reel shows more of what he offers than anything we saw with him at Watford. Seems to make strong runs down the wing, skilled in possession and makes some tricky little dribbles and layoffs to maintain possession in traffic. More than that, unlike our current crop of wingers, he seems to love a tackle. Whether he's pressing or tracking back, he seems to relish taking the ball almost as much as scoring it. I don't know what's been made of his attitude problems, but if Koeman's able to straighten him out, it does look like he's got a decent amount of skill to justify a place in the squad, though not even close to a replacement for Lukaku's goals.

Watching this video actually makes me excited about his potential signing. Seems to have plenty of skill and loves to challenge one-on-one. I know highlight reels are often unreliable for determining how good a player really is, but maybe he'll turn out to be a coup in the end.

Maybe he didn't light it up at Watford, but it's not like they're a team known for their attacking quality either.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Lots of same qualities as Bolassie in that he can turn a stalemate into a good attack with some ridiculous trick that most players couldn't even imagine.

The same applies to Deulofeu though, and frankly I'd rather have him back for free than spend 18 million on Niang. Then again, if Koeman sees something in him, then fair enough, he knows more than I do about these things.

The same applies to Deulofeu though, and frankly I'd rather have him back for free than spend 18 million on Niang. Then again, if Koeman sees something in him, then fair enough, he knows more than I do about these things.

We could really use both. Bolasie is still out awhile, and I'm assuming Lennon will be too. We really just have Mirallas available for that position. DLC has shown that he's not meant to play out wide behind the striker.

I've always been a Deulofeu fan, but this guy actually seems to put crosses into a few more dangerous areas.

Not really. Deulofeu is more of a one-trick pony. How often do you see him do those kind of flick-ons? His most common trick os to swerve his hips to the left snd push the ball past the defender from the right.

Those videos make him look really average. He looks clumsy, the defending against him is shite and he seems to ruin some break aways. There is very little end product other than playing in a man who was completely unmarked which I would hope any professional at the club could do that.

I'll support him if he comes of course but I won't be expecting much. Keep Gerry instead please Ron!

Lots of same qualities as Bolassie in that he can turn a stalemate into a good attack with some ridiculous trick that most players couldn't even imagine.

I was coming back in to say something similar.

He looks very similar to Bolasie in how he can take off with the ball from deep and be the 'assist to the assister' type player. But he looks to have more tricks than Bolasie.

I'm not sure we need him that much. But if the price is right, he might be a good addition.

Koeman will well and truely know of the issues the lad has. Backing himself and the club to get the best of out him.

Remember how excited this forum was when we were first linked with him two years ago. Willing to give this a chance cause it could be a big win, and we need to take risks with some of these lower priced buys cause they could be a big win.

3 buys within a week, I must be dreaming....

Koeman will well and truely know of the issues the lad has. Backing himself and the club to get the best of out him.

Remember how excited this forum was when we were first linked with him two years ago. Willing to give this a chance cause it could be a big win, and we need to take risks with some of these lower priced buys cause they could be a big win.

3 buys within a week, I must be dreaming....

The one thing more difficult than any other is sorting out attitude and personality problems. Skills you can practice and learn on the pitch, but not attitude. I'm nervous about this one.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Question is has he matured. Some people do change, a recent example I can think of is a Finnish icehockey player called Patrik Laine. Just two years ago I thought he'd ruin his promising career because he was a right twat. He was sent home from a tournament because his team mates hated him, the last straw being him flashing his middle finger to the coach because he took him off ice during a powerplay. And this was more or less how he acted all the time. He told the coach when he wanted to play and for powerplays he basically picked who else plays (imagine a player telling a football coach where he plays & with whom). This worked at club level because his team was too scared to say anything fearing he'd move somewhere else.

Last season he was a completely changed man during his first season in the NHL. No-one has had a bad word to say about him and he finished the season second in the rookie scoring chart having scored 36 goals and 28 assists and is hailed as a future superstar. Go figure.

Niang seems to have a problem with cars, he seems to like to crash them. Remove the car incidents and what I can find is a spat with Balotelli (I'm sure he's not the only one) and a stupid jump into a pool from a roof Milan owners didn't like. The club should probably hire a chauffeur..

This is what he did last time isn't it and then chose AC?

Tell him to stick his time up his arse. He's done shit wherever he's been, he needs us more than we need him.

Conflicting this one- the Echo said he was having a medical, he wouldn't be doing that if he wanted time to think would he?

If there's any truth in this then fuck him off immediately. I don't get why we're so hot for him, his record is shite matched with his attitude.