IGNORED

M'Baye Niang

Can a manager pull rank on a director?

No idea mate, it was sort of an open question to see peoples thoughts.

Mine would be that they identify targets, Walsh finds them but Koeman ultimately has the deciding vote as it's his team.

I could be wrong like.

I think you guys need to go and read/listen to Walsh's words on the subject of what they do.

They work together.

Was thinking the same thing. They even asked Koeman directly... he answered along the lines of, we discuss targets and then Walsh goes out to try to get them.

DoF's job is to identify and hire the manager (last summer was an exception as we only got a DoF last summer) so I would say he's the boss.

That's one model for it, for sure. But, all we have is contextual evidence to indicate what Walsh's role at the club vis-à-vis Koeman is. It seems, from what I've seen, that Walsh is some sort of chief scout and recruiter and that he works in tandem with Koeman to make decisions. It seems, structurally, more democratic/egalitarian and less hierarchical than the director of football/head coach system.

That's one model for it, for sure. But, all we have is contextual evidence to indicate what Walsh's role at the club vis-à-vis Koeman is. It seems, from what I've seen, that Walsh is some sort of chief scout and recruiter and that he works in tandem with Koeman to make decisions. It seems, structurally, more democratic/egalitarian and less hierarchical than the director of football/head coach system.

Spot on