IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Disagree.

Come on Mike you're telling me that if that was us playing Chelsea and Gana made those two challenges he'd deserve to go off?

They were potentially yellows, but very very soft ones, but the thing what annoys me the most is that there were worse fouls before and after he got sent off from both teams which went unpunished. He had a shocker Oliver, and he made the match about him rather than the two teams on the field.

Oh well it's by the by now, could Chelsea do the double?

Come on Mike you're telling me that if that was us playing Chelsea and Gana made those two challenges he'd deserve to go off?

They were potentially yellows, but very very soft ones, but the thing what annoys me the most is that there were worse fouls before and after he got sent off from both teams which went unpunished. He had a shocker Oliver, and he made the match about him rather than the two teams on the field.

Of course he wouldn't, he's an Everton player :D.

The first definitely was. The second on its own arguably wasn't but the problem Here ra had is that the ref had just told the Smalling (captain) and Jones that any more of those type of fouls, mainly on Hazard were going to be booked. You could see him pointing to the different spots that he was getting clattered, which he was and he had been. It's just stupidity that the very next play, Herera gives Hazard another kick and Oliver does what he says he would do, albeit he probably wasn't expecting it to be so soon.

i stand by it. always injured always "on the cusp of greatness" aka he's shit but has promise.

isn't that contradicting? having promise means they could become good, a has been means they have passed the point of them being good. Each to their own on him, cant argue with the injury record though. I'd still take him here though.

isn't that contradicting? having promise means they could become good, a has been means they have passed the point of them being good. Each to their own on him, cant argue with the injury record though. I'd still take him here though.

when you've been promisisng for 5 years now and haven't made the jump you're no longer promising, that's just your ceiling.

still waiting for Lowsenda England team sheet. Feel free to share yours too aaron

when you've been promisisng for 5 years now and haven't made the jump you're no longer promising, that's just your ceiling.

still waiting for Lowsenda England team sheet. Feel free to share yours too aaron

Couldn't care less about England tbh, was just interested to see if Barkley would be called back up.

In regards to the team I'd play its pretty much what yours was:

Hart

Walker Cahill Keane Rose

Dier

Barkley Alli

Sterling Kane Lallana

collectively that is probably the best team we could put out, still nowhere near good enough to win anything though.

Jesus. We'll never win anything with a team like that.

I was thinking the same but then I struggled to think of who else. If we haven't learnt anything recently it's that we should play Barkley in a free right role so I would go with this.

Hart

Walker Dier Cahill Baines/Bertrand/Rose

Barkkey Alli Henderson Lallana Sterling

Rooney/Defoe/Sturridge

It's still a terrible team but against some terrible qualifying teams it's about as good as we have.

People have laughed off Davies not being good enough for England but I am looking for another box to box midfielder and I am struggling!

You can always play another CB and move Dier forward and therefore make Henderson the box to box player but it's a struggle!

Edit - Rose would definitely start but I don't think he is fit.

Edited by Bailey

Couldn't care less about England tbh, was just interested to see if Barkley would be called back up.

In regards to the team I'd play its pretty much what yours was:

Hart

Walker Cahill Keane Rose

Dier

Barkley Alli

Sterling Kane Lallana

collectively that is probably the best team we could put out, still nowhere near good enough to win anything though.

What would you do if Rose/Kane aren't fit?

What would you do if Rose/Kane aren't fit?

Rashford/sturridge then Bertrand. Injury prone Sturridge maybe but his finishing is second to non. Defoe should be considered but wont be. This will make people laugh - Andy Carroll should be in the squad, just for a different approach if nothing else. Consider this, 90th minute, needing a goal, teams play long, who better (English wise) to aim at.

As a "footballing nation" we make decent players, but non who will become "world class".

rose kane sturridge henderson baines all not fit. southgate said he won't call up defoe.

my lineup looks laughable but with all the injuries its realistic. unless you wnat ox rooney rashford lingard in there ( i sure as hell wouldn't)

tbf I don't think the laughable was aimed at you, more a "our country is a joke" that fans seem to think we are something special when we are bang average.