IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

What do you do if your Arsenal now. So many players not giving enough. Plenty of players who are happy to play fancy but don't want to get stuck in when they are needed.

Before he was signed Gary Neville said that Mustafi needed a leader alongside him and he couldn't have been more right. At times he was pathetic.

They have a lot of players with ability but they need a clear out a bit like us in the last 12 months. Wenger has to take a lot of the criticism because he has allowed that attitude to fester and brought in players that have added to it. Bar Sanchez he has a habit of buying players that only show up when they are winning.

I don't think he has a good eye for talent anymore Bailey. Ozil and Sanchez aside it's a bunch of small short who are always injured and aRent that talented. Ox Walcott wilshere Ramsey are the perfect microcosm of that team. Always injured, show signs of brilliance, but are just average.

True. He hasn't brought anyone through of true quality for ages. Sanchez and Ozil were proven and they are the only two players that are close to world class.

When you think about the size and strength of the title winning teams compared to his most recent teams they are vastly different.

I am rooting for Monaco. Went to Monaco once in the 1990's as a guest of Citroen. Long week-end, Thursday to Sunday. Can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at but it was the one above the tunnel that the F1 cars go through. I had a room with a verandah that looked out over the sea. The entrance to the hotel is just off the tight roundabout that you see in the Grand Prix. On the final evening we had dinner in the Hotel de Paris with an orchestra playing. Those were the days!

Beautiful place and would really like to go back one day, trouble is, Her indoors wont fly.

Side note FIFA were cruel as hell to Dortmund to make them play the next day after a terror attack on them. could have moved it to the weekend or next week or something let the guys decompress.

Tuchel said as much after the match, i hope some journos tear FIFA apart on this one.

Won't it have been UEFA?

lyon besiktas delayed due to hooligan fighting in the stadium, fireworks, flares, etc.

i'm curious, here in the states you can't bring anything with you to the stadium, women are allowed a small see through bag for tampons, wallet, etc. but how do people get into stadiums with flares and fireworks? seems idiotic security doesn't make people go thorugh metal detectors.

lyon besiktas delayed due to hooligan fighting in the stadium, fireworks, flares, etc.

i'm curious, here in the states you can't bring anything with you to the stadium, women are allowed a small see through bag for tampons, wallet, etc. but how do people get into stadiums with flares and fireworks? seems idiotic security doesn't make people go thorugh metal detectors.

can't speak for other countries but last game I went to (two months ago), I was patted down and was warned beforehand that bags would be confiscated.. so no, I don't get how security misses fireworks.

from what I've read besiktas supporters threw stuff at Lyon fans who then fled on the field.

can't speak for other countries but last game I went to (two months ago), I was patted down and was warned beforehand that bags would be confiscated.. so no, I don't get how security misses fireworks.

from what I've read besiktas supporters threw stuff at Lyon fans who then fled on the field.

yeah i read the same. the team president/owner for Lyon got onto the field and loud speaker system trying to get the place in order. i hope they play the return leg in turkey to just Lyon fans as punishment.

Brings to mind the story, probably apocryphal, about the guy who took his young son to the game. He took a small stool for his son to stand on so he would be able to see. They wouldn't let him through the turnstile as they said the stool could be used as an offensive weapon. He argued with the security guards and they had just relented when a wag in the next queue shouted 'look, there's that guy who throws stools'.

Most pointless/meaningless stat in the history of the game from the BBC....

"Of players who have scored at least two goals, only Zlatan Ibrahimovic (134) has a better minutes-per-goal rate than Mkhitaryan (212) for Manchester United in all competitions this season."

:doh:

Why do writers do this?

"Liam Boyce earned Ross County a precious point against 10-man Celtic with a controversial late penalty."

Celtic had a player sent off after 92 minutes when the score was already 2-2, so although they ended the game with ten men calling them a ten man team is just stupid.