IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Europa

Celta Vigo vs. Manchester United

Lyon vs. Ajax

Champs League

Madrid v Madrid

Juve v Monaco

Some really great matchups there. Madrid derby and then Juve defense versus Monaco all out attack. Europa i really like Celta becuase they have the Biesla press and attack with Berizzo, i honestly think they could surprise United. Lyon is very strong and I expect them to beat Ajax.

Celta, Lyon

Atletico, Monaco

Europa

Celta Vigo vs. Manchester United

Lyon vs. Ajax

Champs League

Madrid v Madrid

Juve v Monaco

Some really great matchups there. Madrid derby and then Juve defense versus Monaco all out attack. Europa i really like Celta becuase they have the Biesla press and attack with Berizzo, i honestly think they could surprise United. Lyon is very strong and I expect them to beat Ajax.

Celta, Lyon

Atletico, Monaco

I would love to see Atletico v. Monaco in CL. It would be nice seeing some "lesser" known clubs competing for the trophy, though Juve v. Real is probably what would sell more commercially.

that's it? baseball banned pete rose for lifetime for the same thing. i guess betting and match fixing isn't as looked down upon in england.

I think it's 18 months because it's Joey Barton...

Apparently the majority of bets were for a few quid- average £150 and he's not accused of any dodgy outcomes. He did it on a Betfair account in his own name!

Now.... I dare say squeaky clean boys like Michael Owen never put big bets on... but I bet his brother did....

18 months is a joke. The fa have made a rod for their own backs.

I think it's 18 months because it's Joey Barton...

Apparently the majority of bets were for a few quid- average £150 and he's not accused of any dodgy outcomes. He did it on a Betfair account in his own name!

Now.... I dare say squeaky clean boys like Michael Owen never put big bets on... but I bet his brother did....

18 months is a joke. The fa have made a rod for their own backs.

Nail on the head. Warning should be enough considering the low chance of match fixing.

Nail on the head. Warning should be enough considering the low chance of match fixing.

Needed more than a warning given that he bet on himself, even if only to be first scorer. It's not "match fixing" as such but that sort of bet could potentially influence his play and he knew the rules. I do think the rules are harsh though, I don't see why people can't have a bet on a game they're not involved in.

Needed more than a warning given that he bet on himself, even if only to be first scorer. It's not "match fixing" as such but that sort of bet could potentially influence his play and he knew the rules. I do think the rules are harsh though, I don't see why people can't have a bet on a game they're not involved in.

I'm pleased the fa have done this... it makes them look foolish which is something we already know about them.

They probably thought all fans would support them cos it's the panto villain Joey Barton... nope... they are prats.

I'll never forget how shearer got off with a ban for booting Neil Lennon in the face... should have been charged for assault

I wasn't aware of him betting on himself. Guess a ban should be applied then.