IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Taking the piss for me.

Ignored at the Euros so one of only two outfield players not used (with Baines) when games were crying out for him. Then dropped.

Now recalled because he's playing out of his skin and he's still getting splinters in his arse; I'd tell England to fuck off if I were him.

I think you mean Stones, but other than that I'm in total agreement.

Taking the piss for me.

Ignored at the Euros so one of only two outfield players not used (with Baines) when games were crying out for him. Then dropped.

Now recalled because he's playing out of his skin and he's still getting splinters in his arse; I'd tell England to fuck off if I were him.

Like c1982 says, it depends on whether he has been told he will be involved at the weekend. If he has then fair enough but if he hasn't then I completely agree that he is taking the piss.

Redmond, Lingard, JWP have all been poor since they came on. Rashford has tried but only fed scraps.

Since Germany got out of 2nd gear, England have barely had a sniff.

Apart from one effort that hit the post, England created nothing. Lots of possession, lots of energy, but when they get to the penalty area we are clueless. Crossing, both from open play and set pieces was very poor. 90% hit the first defender. Near the end, Ali took a short corner, the ball came back to him and with plenty of time, under no pressure, he crossed it straight to a German defender who was only 20 yards away. Don't understand all the substitutions in the last 8 minutes, what's the point other than to give cheap caps?

Edited by johnh

It's coming from an outside perspective, but I thought England looked quite decent (compared to Hodgson's teams at least) up until the pointless subs starting coming out of the woodwork.

I think Southgate, despite his lack of experience, should at least be better than Hodgson and probably big Sam if he had of stayed on. At least he's picking players outside of the "big 6".

Not happy that Barkley wasn't given time though. Should've been on instead of Lingard.

Southgate is the epitome of a FA Yes Man.

It'll be an identical World Cup to every other one. England will scrape through the group and be knocked out by the first half decent team they come across.

And by half decent I mean Iceland quality or better

I am initially more impressed with him and he strikes me as the least yes man we have had.

We are pressing much better, we have tried different formations and we have seen players in their natural positions and not shoe horned into where ever there is a space. Sounds obvious but he has also picked players for the job he wants.

It will be interesting to see how it goes and whether he reverts to type when the qualifiers start again but I am more optimistic than I have been.

Odd one this, Mirallas starts for Belgium in Russia (Rom on the bench) and scores a penalty :o. Presumably this time he didn't nick the ball off anyone so Martinez must have chosen him for pen duties; seems like they've kissed and made up after the big "fall-out" (or it never happened :67:).

Son on the other hand is playing brilliantly.

I thought Jansen did well without scoring. I can see him being a player Koeman would be interested in.

Liked him straight away. I think k I said if give spurs their money they paid for him.

Probably get him for a fair bit less.

Reminds me of when bergkamp struggled to get going. He's not a patch on him but it will come.

Edited by Hafnia