IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

94 minutes gone in the Leicester game and they currently lead Leeds by a goal to nil, if they can hold our for a touch longer Leeds will be two points ahead of us but with three extra games played (as have Brentford). 

Could be a massive win if we take full points from Spurs.

Edit: One point indeed Mike! 

8 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

94 minutes gone in the Leicester game and they currently lead Leeds by a goal to nil, if they can hold our for a touch longer Leeds will be two points ahead of us but with three extra games played (as have Brentford). 

Could be a massive win if we take full points from Spurs.

One point ahead of us in fact.

Glad to see Leeds lose, but as an American, feel for Marsch. Although I don't think he's doing the "Ted Lasso" image any favors by rounding up the entire squad on the pitch after the game and giving a speech where I heard something along the lines of "if you play with that kind of heart..."

19 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Glad to see Leeds lose, but as an American, feel for Marsch. Although I don't think he's doing the "Ted Lasso" image any favors by rounding up the entire squad on the pitch after the game and giving a speech where I heard something along the lines of "if you play with that kind of heart..."

Probably the best Leeds have looked for a while, but your right we needed them to lose. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Burnley’s mini run has definitely come crashing to an end. 

They would have expected to lose against Chelsea, but good to see that they're being absolutely mauled. Will hopefully derail that bit of momentum that they'd built up in the past few weeks. 

Good to see Norwich getting battered too, the most winnable game they'll have for a long time and they've had their pants pulled down.

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

They would have expected to lose against Chelsea, but good to see that they're being absolutely mauled. Will hopefully derail that bit of momentum that they'd built up in the past few weeks. 

Good to see Norwich getting battered too, the most winnable game they'll have for a long time and they've had their pants pulled down.

I think at this point it's a battle to avoid 18th. Watford and Norwich surely going down. My ideal world is Watford, Norwich and Burnley going down

7 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I would be truly shocked if he kept them up. Barnsley and Peterborough both having 2 games in hand and still 5 points off safety

It does look a tall order granted but they have 30 points left to play for, so not a forgone conclusion just yet but agreed very difficult. 

51 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I would have quite liked to have seen Brentford get dragged into it further. I think Norwich will go down regardless but that was a big 3 points for Brenford moving them 6 points from relegation (albeit having played the most games - 4 more than us!).

I've not seen it but Josh told me that a Norwich player had a challenge with Christian Eriksen today that pissed him off so he started to square up, but then realised it was Eriksen and gave him a hug instead...not sure if he saw it or just heard about it but I hope it's true😂

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

I've not seen it but Josh told me that a Norwich player had a challenge with Christian Eriksen today that pissed him off so he started to square up, but then realised it was Eriksen and gave him a hug instead...not sure if he saw it or just heard about it but I hope it's true😂

It is true!

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think at this point it's a battle to avoid 18th. Watford and Norwich surely going down. My ideal world is Watford, Norwich and Burnley going down

I'd snap your hand off for 17th, I think without my Everton panicking head that yes Watford and Norwich are going down. The latter is a tinpot yo-yo club that simply exists to win the Championship and come 20th in the next season, Watford probably could have escaped the drop but they've had no bounce at all from the appointment of Roy Hodgson, so think they'll probably limp to a 19th placed finish.

18th is a bit up for grabs but I'm hoping that Burnley can go back to being shit and hope that Marsch can have no impact at Leeds United, keeping up their new found tradition of getting battered every week (sorry you US lot). Brentford I don't think are totally out of the question - yes they're now 6 points ahead but apart from beating what is a terrible Norwich side, they've looked pretty poor themselves. They've played about 6,482 games more than everybody else and are still in poor form. 

The Canaries’ two-decade rollercoaster ride continues with another promotion. Here is their fate since the start of the 2003-04 season:

• 2003-04: Win Division 1 to gain Premier League status for first time since 1994-95.
  • 2004-05: Relegated to Championship
  • 2008-09: Relegated to League One
  • 2009-10: Promoted to Championship
  • 2010-11: Promoted to Premier League
  • 2013-14: Relegated to Championship
  • 2014-15: Promoted to Premier League
  • 2015-16: Relegated to Championship
  • 2018-19: Promoted to Premier League
  • 2019-20: Relegated to Championship
  • 2020-21: Promoted to Premier League

It must be a hoot being a Norwich supporter with all those promotions to celebrate.