IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

Forest 3-0 up to Leicester inside 30 minutes and the latter are being played off the park. Electric atmosphere as it's a cup giant-killing and a local derby. Great game to watch to be honest, and a great game to get lost in the magic of, for the next 60 minutes or so I'm firmly a Nottingham Forest fan.

17 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Shame Villa couldn't play today like they did against Leeds mid-week, Newcastle were there for the taking.

Either way, good weekend for us results-wise as the bottom three all lost.

Really needed Newcastle to lose. I think the bottom 3 will stay as it is though. Could be a really low number for guaranteed safety 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

I think Newcastle will miss the drop, Brentford might be dragged into their place, so if we keep our heads above Leeds we should be OK, tho we have a lot of hard games to come yet.

Trippier out for 6 weeks with metatarsal.... that will hit them - he has been a key signing.

27 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

City putting Sporting to the sword in this first half. Could we see a treble this year?

I think the big question will come when they face an elite club. Without sounding disrespectful, Pep will have been doing cartwheels when City drew Sporting and it's no surprise that they're virtually through after just 45 minutes.

When they can dispatch the likes of Bayern, Liverpool and Madrid then it'll make people stand up and take notice. 

Of course they can win the treble, but I just think that with the intensity of the modern game there's always room for at least one slip up (though I don't think it'll be in the league).

7 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think the big question will come when they face an elite club. Without sounding disrespectful, Pep will have been doing cartwheels when City drew Sporting and it's no surprise that they're virtually through after just 45 minutes.

When they can dispatch the likes of Bayern, Liverpool and Madrid then it'll make people stand up and take notice. 

Of course they can win the treble, but I just think that with the intensity of the modern game there's always room for at least one slip up (though I don't think it'll be in the league).

Yeah I think the league is pretty much done and dusted. I think Bayern is the only other side I would list as a favorite to win it all.

8 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

All going to plan so far barring spurs Burnley. Leeds apparently look exhausted and Bielsa is having their fans question him. 

I really think Leeds are gonna be right in it at the end of the season. They just look absolutely terrible lately. Wouldn't be surprised if Bielsa is gone soon too

Bielsa is known for absolutely knackering his players out, his 90mph football has caused a few of his teams to struggle in the business end of the season. 

Music to my ears, as it's another team that can hopefully fill a relegation spot for us. I must admit that when I watched them against us and Manchester United, they were simply abysmal.