IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

They played well, they have a lot of players with technical ability from back to front who aren’t scared of the ball, wish we could say the same. 

They serve as evidence that you don't need to have great defenders to be a good defence.

Just now, dunlopp9987 said:

North London derby off tomorrow due to Arsenal not having enough first team available.

They have one confirmed covid case...

It's really taking the piss. The game has effectively been postponed because they have injuries and players away at AFCON.

1 case of Covid should not even be taken into consideration here. If Covid wasn't around then this game would be going ahead.

10 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

At least we didn't lose 3-0 at home to Norwich...

I couldn't believe the score when I flicked back at the end of the game. Watford were dominant in the first half, and whilst I dont remember them troubling the keeper, if a goal was coming it looked to be coming from Watford.

3 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I feel like the teams below us are slowly dragging us into the relegation picture. 

The Newcastle game is going to be huge and the Leeds and Soton games aren't far behind either.

The Newcastle games. We play them twice.

They took 6 points off us last season, if they do the same this season we’re absolutely fucked. 

I’m more concerned about relegation after today not just because we lost but because we created hardly any opportunities, that wasn’t happening under Benitez but if that part of our game starts to drop off then we are done as long as you are creating chances you have a chance, without that you have none. 

17 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I’m more concerned about relegation after today not just because we lost but because we created hardly any opportunities, that wasn’t happening under Benitez but if that part of our game starts to drop off then we are done as long as you are creating chances you have a chance, without that you have none. 

If you accept xG then we have bettered todays figure of 1.24 10 times this season, however 6 of those occasions were in the first 7 games. 

If you take out penalty attempts the last time we better todays quality of chances was against Wolves on the 1st November.

I don't think Ferguson is the answer by any stretch however, its simply not true that we were creating more (my other post) or better quality chances under Benitez. Today was actually an uptick on both of those metrics.

6 minutes ago, Palfy said:

That’s the crazy bit 🤪

The crazy bit is "Direct free kicks over the last five seasons".

Is that xfree kicks or actual ones, and does if means free-kicks that were scored from or free kicks taken....or xtaken? It doesn't say.

About as illuminating as a broken light-bulb....needs xplaining.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

What do 4.16 and 4.37 indicate?

Keep up MikeO... I have posted enough of this shite now that you should be in the know by now 🤣

4.16 and 4.37 represent the statistical likelihood of the two players scoring from the positions the free kicks were taken from. 

Despite the relative similarities of the two players scoring from those positions, JWP has scored 11 goals whereas Ronaldo has scored 1. 

Its an indication of just how good JWP is at taking free kicks. He has essentially scored 7 more goals than you would have expected him to.