IGNORED

Doyle and ward - double swoop?

I'd actually take Doyle as back-up to Jelavic and as an impact player - he'll chase anything and his hold up play is good. Maybe his goal scoring record doesn't justify a starting berth but as back-up/support to Jelavic then I think he's a better option than Vic or Vellios. Up to £4m he may be a handy addition anything more then no.

Ward is a plain no from me - reminds me of Zinedine Kilbane (who I respect for his time at EFC), gives it his all and scores/assists a few but he's just not good enough to be a starter or challenge for it.

I'm confident Moyes knows what he needs, and trust him to make the right decisions. Sometimes it's not about individual talents, but how the player fits into Moyes' plans.

This is a fair point tbh, i think most of us probably agree that Hibbert is not really a Premiership standard player ability wise, but it's hard to argue that he doesn't fit in to the team, he's made the role his own, but i would agree that Ward would struggle to fit in, i really don't see what he can offer us, id rather let Garbut/Bidwell have a go and if neither worked, stick Nev there

Guest blueboy122

This is a fair point tbh, i think most of us probably agree that Hibbert is not really a Premiership standard player ability wise, but it's hard to argue that he doesn't fit in to the team, he's made the role his own, but i would agree that Ward would struggle to fit in, i really don't see what he can offer us, id rather let Garbut/Bidwell have a go and if neither worked, stick Nev there

100% disagree with you regarding hibbert. I can not name a more a solid right back in the premier league than Hibbert or Ivanovic. I think that is an absolute travisty that he hasnt been called up to the England squad. Defensive wise he is first class, attacking wise he lacks, given however he is improving.

Guest blueboy122

i'd prefer vic or vellios as impact players..doyle certainly isn't that imo

Exactly, wouldnt spend money on this type of player when we have 2 better impact ones anyway with the ones you mentioned.

100% disagree with you regarding hibbert. I can not name a more a solid right back in the premier league than Hibbert or Ivanovic. I think that is an absolute travisty that he hasnt been called up to the England squad. Defensive wise he is first class, attacking wise he lacks, given however he is improving.

Hibbert for me is the best defensive Right back in the Prem at the moment. The younger lads such as Walker etc are still learning their trade.

Guest blueboy122

Hibbert for me is the best defensive Right back in the Prem at the moment. The younger lads such as Walker etc are still learning their trade.

I cant name a player that has got the better of hibbert, apart from on occasions. Even the likes of Ronaldo,Bale,Giggs etc none of them get past our Tony.

Guest blueboy122

walker etc seem to be that new breed of attackin full backs..kind of like we hope coleman will be..gotta agree though i think around and can't think of a better right back defensively

Yeah definatley, I think Glen Johnson started this new breed of full backs, amazing going forward and shite at defending which is there job. Give me Tony Hibbert over Johnson or Walker anyday of the week. Dont get me wrong I think that Walker is a good player but fuck me he is over rated.

Modern fullbacks need to be good attackers as well, if they want to be considered for international honours. Hibbert is a good solid Prem player, but no more.

most modern full backs can't defend so you can use that argument for them too...hibbert sticks out less cos he's good at the ugly part of the game

I get so scared whenever there's an article linking us to Doyle. I really hope it isn't true. Waste of money for them

Squad fillers at best, given the amount of money money Wolves pulled in for Fletcher and Jarvis i think it would take allot to prize these away.

Yep, can't imagine them selling looking at what they hauled in the last couple of transfers