IGNORED

Matthew Kennedy

c1982

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2014/08/08/kennedy-loaned-to-hibs

Indeed he has. Shame, wanted to see him kick on this season with us.

Does it say how long the loan is? Don't think that's out of the question. He's only 19 so first-team minutes with a pretty solid team is only a good thing. Maybe he'll be recalled in December or January and start earning some minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with his honesty. He must be gutted. Can't blame Stubbs for doing whats best for his team though and Kennedy seems to understand that. Poor management from Everton sending him to a club that can't accommodate a player of his style.

I'd have thought that Everton would have expected Hibs to be challenging towards the top of the league rather than lagging so far behind the wounded animals that are Hearts and Rangers; more of a Hibs/Stubbs failure than and Everton mistake I'd say. Having said that they've only conceded thirteen goals in twelve games, so it's a bit simplistic of Stubbs to say(if it's true that he did) that he's dropped their best attacking player due to conceding too many :huh:. If you're just conceding one a game and not winning I'd say your problem's at the sharp end of the pitch.

(Desperately trying to not mention the possibility of Moyes' ethos influencing Stubbsy)

I think hearts and Rangers will make it back, Stubbs hibs side will stay championship. Kennedy can come back and then get loaned to Dundee since we have that partnership with them. They're doing well in the SPL and would be good for him.

Only the champions get automatic promotion, second, third and fourth go into play-offs (3rd v 4th, winner plays 2nd, winner of that plays Premiership 11th; all over two legs) so no guarantee that second will go up.

Rangers are in more financial trouble this week, laying people off again.

Only the champions get automatic promotion, second, third and fourth go into play-offs (3rd v 4th, winner plays 2nd, winner of that plays Premiership 11th; all over two legs) so no guarantee that second will go up.

Rangers are in more financial trouble this week, laying people off again.

Yeah that's what I meant, hearts get auto, Rangers will win the playoffs. Ross county or partick thistle are second last in the SPL, and are very beatable. It will be interesting though, one has to wonder if Rangers don't go up this year if they will enter administration again and be knocked down leagues leading to their demise. Maybe they could sell the stadium? Edited by markjazzbassist

Guest blueboy122

Still find it hard to believe that a club of Ranger's size can face so much financially trouble.

They have huge support, merchandise sales, filled the ground every week no problem, had a few good runs in the champions league which brings in millions etc.

I appreciate that they must have big financial outgoings but surely they cant be massive especially considering they don't pay huge wages up there.

Still find it hard to believe that a club of Ranger's size can face so much financially trouble.

They have huge support, merchandise sales, filled the ground every week no problem, had a few good runs in the champions league which brings in millions etc.

I appreciate that they must have big financial outgoings but surely they cant be massive especially considering they don't pay huge wages up there.

A part of their problems this season has been a decrease in attendances.

Edited by Romey 1878

A part of their problems this season has been a decrease in attendances.

Honestly, it has to be rather boring to watch your team win every game every time (which has been pretty much the case over the last 2-1/2 years). Of course we like to win, but it's so much more exciting to follow a team when (i) you're not expected to win and (ii) most games are well-balanced. Would we prefer that Everton win every game by playing in Division 2 or that we win some and lose some in the Premier League?

Honestly, it has to be rather boring to watch your team win every game every time (which has been pretty much the case over the last 2-1/2 years). Of course we like to win, but it's so much more exciting to follow a team when (i) you're not expected to win and (ii) most games are well-balanced. Would we prefer that Everton win every game by playing in Division 2 or that we win some and lose some in the Premier League?

They were doing that when they were in their PL too, so I don't think that's a factor at all.

They were doing that when they were in their PL too, so I don't think that's a factor at all.

Yep, beat me to it. Other than Celtic the rest were pretty much a formailty most of the time.

Think it's more a case of the fans ae just fed up giving their hard earned and hard to come by cash to the club and it getting swallowed up and disappearing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...