IGNORED

WBA (away) 01.09.12

c1982

Osman really had a shitty game today, too. He seemed to be outmuscled on every ball.

Neville was by far the worst. Made the easy pass directly in front of him every time. Never tried to play the more dangerous ball. And (not that he could anyway) tried to make a run when he had an opportunity. Just a stationary peg out there.

Really was some of the worst officiating I've seen. No excuse for how unbelievably wasteful we were or how sloppy we were defensively. Didn't help that the ref didn't give free kicks when we should have had them and did give them when we were already 30 yards down the pitch. Not having Gibson in there, we really lose those incisive through balls that help us be so direct.

Yeah exactly how I feel. I feel like I would be even more depressed if the officiating was fair though...

Time for Neville to retire me thinks, especially with our new signings, there is no need for him to be anywhere near the first team

His time to retire was a few years ago. Did he not come out and say that he wanted to play into his 40s? What a joke. Some athletes just need to know when to call it a day.

Maybe he could go into the same field of work as his brother, I think he'd do well as a coach and I'd say he'd always be welcome at Everton because for most of his seasons here his good work has by far out-shone his bad. The 2012/13 season has shown however that Phil is getting close to retirement, his performance against AEK Athens pre-season showed that his fitness is not what it used to be and by the sounds of it today wasn't any better.

Two points for me;

Neville really is a waste. Wasn't sure what game people were watching against United, I personally found him missing during play and some people said he played well?

And all the signings were great, I do fear we missed out on a cheap RB option in Clyne though. Even if Hibbert was first choice for the season and slowly integrating him in, that would have been ace. I think although we have options all over the park, RB is slightly lacking.

Two points for me;

Neville really is a waste. Wasn't sure what game people were watching against United, I personally found him missing during play and some people said he played well?

And all the signings were great, I do fear we missed out on a cheap RB option in Clyne though. Even if Hibbert was first choice for the season and slowly integrating him in, that would have been ace. I think although we have options all over the park, RB is slightly lacking.

I agree. This has been a good transfer window, we've adressed a lot of our needs, but next window we should focus on a right back though.

Edited by Steve_E

Nev was awful in midfield, but any chance to moan about Clyne aha. Will you ever forgive the club for not getting him? tongue.png

I'm only jesting btw, think we should have had a look at him

I agree. This has been a good transfer window, we've adressed a lot of our needs, but next window we should focus on a right back though.

Coleman has to be given an opportunity at right back in the Prem too. We can't build up play from the right at all with the players we have there now.

Nev was awful in midfield, but any chance to moan about Clyne aha. Will you ever forgive the club for not getting him? tongue.png

I'm only jesting btw, think we should have had a look at him

No ahaha. Still think he was a top top signing for a tribunal fee, he offered everything you need in a RB, he is English and has sell on value. For 4/5m at the tribunal, even that would have been a bargain. If he had years on his contract, Palace would have wanted over £12m for him!

Heitinga has to start next, he doesn't sound to happy that he didn't figure at all today, John Heitinga tweets: "Disappointing day in all ways. 2-0 defeat at WBA and 90mins on the bench. To see Everton lose is painful. I felt ready to help."

If Moyes isn't careful he'll ask to go in January's window

From what I saw (crap stream) Everton wanted to carry on where they left off at Villa........problem is WBA wouldn't let them!

Simple, every game starts afresh, WBA didn't want to roll over, no, they wanted to out muscle, out run and out score us.They knew we could make pretty triangles, so what did the little buggers do, they didn't let us make them.We sould have expected a battle, the West Brom way if you want, in your face and fast.

We rode our luck, Fellaini missed a sitter, they broke and scored, the rest is history....well done WBA.

Learn and move on, and don't believe the hype, your not as good as you think you are.

BUMP. And a big bump at that.

It was like watching us from the early stages of last season. We had plenty of the ball throughout but we lacked fizz and invention in our play. We were so slow with our passing, and it played right into WBA's hands. They were very organised so they just got behind the ball and asked us to break them down. But because of the way we were playing we had no chance of doing that, none. They just waited for us to give the ball away, which we invariably did, and then they did exactly what we needed to do; play quick football. They looked by far the better team and fully deserved their victory.

We were poor in every department - the defence was terrible, particularly Distin for me. There were gaps everywhere. The midfield never got into the game, other than Osman not one of them looked up for it. And Jelavic was totally isolated because the midfield didn't bother to support him or give him anything to feed off.

Overall, it was a shite performance.

I'm not going to get too downhearted over this game though because we had been playing some wonderful stuff up until this game. I'll worry and be annoyed if we play in a similar way against Newcastle though. It's just a shame that that game doesn't come for over two weeks now. It'd have been good to have the opportunity to bounce straight back. Although, maybe the players having time to stew over this performance will do them good.

Howard - Even though we performed so poorly I don't remember him having much to do at all, other than that brilliant save in the first half.

Neville - Didn't really play all that long at RB so I don't have much to say about that but his midfield showing was terrible. He just didn't contribute anything. I know he's not the most gifted when it comes to ability but he's our captain and being in the middle of the park gave him the opportunity to lead and he failed miserably.

Jagielka and Distin - Jagielka was the better of the two but that's not saying much. The amount of space between the pair of them was embarrassing at times and Long fully exploited that; he was in space between them time after time. And I have no idea what Distin was doing while Long strolled in for the first goal. Dreaming of the Eiffel Tower?

Baines - Meh, a complete no show going forward. He just couldn't get anything going.

Naismith - He never, at any point, got into the game.

Gibson - He wasn't on the pitch long enough to comment on really.

Osman - I thought he was our brightest player by a long shot, and looked like the only player who wanted to be out there and who wanted to win. He was always, always available for the ball and then would look forward only to have absolutely nothing to hit. I felt sorry for him. My MOTM.

Pienaar - Utterly woeful. He gave the ball away constantly. And most of the time it wasn't through trying something intricate or creative, it was passing the pass 3 fucking yards to his team mate. One such pass ended up earning Hibbert a yellow card.

Fellaini - This was one of the worst games I've saw Fellaini have for a very long time. Is he believing his own hype? Because he sauntered around the pitch like he didn't have to try. I'm not sure he did try tbh because he didn't do anything; he didn't pass well, he didn't defend well, he didn't support Jelavic, his touch seemed off. He was just poor. And WTF was he doing with that backheel at the end?! There was no need to do something like that and if he hadn't had his head stuck up his arse he'd have realised he could've given a simple pass that could've led to us grabbing a goal!

Jelavic - He had one chance in the whole game that I can remember and that was the header early on. Other than that he had fuck all to work with and was left completely isolated.

never saw or listened to the game as said sadly but romey is usually spot on with his reports...and if this is anythin to go by..fuck me...like him though i won't get too downhearted...every team has bad performances...be a nice test of them to sort themselves out before the next game..also a nice little break for some of the new boys to get some training and fitness before the newcastle game..lets dick them!

never saw or listened to the game as said sadly but romey is usually spot on with his reports...and if this is anythin to go by..fuck me...like him though i won't get too downhearted...every team has bad performances...be a nice test of them to sort themselves out before the next game..also a nice little break for some of the new boys to get some training and fitness before the newcastle game..lets dick them!

I usually agree for the most part with Romey's reports. However I 100% agree with this one. Team was awful all over the park, no drive, no anything. Howard done nothing of note other than 1 save, Osman tried but had feck all help from those around him, and Jelavic probs thinks they played with a size 4 ball today, as the team never got it close to him.

Edited by pete0

from what i've read i really hope this belgian lad is the business cos nev seems to struggle without a gibson like next to him...although don't agree with the comments i read that he didn't have a good game against utd cos i thought he did

Always the option of putting Felli back there and playing Pienaar behind the striker with Mirallas on the left.