IGNORED

Swansea (away)

Droobie

I myself thought that referee was good today, I was actually getting frustrated with the amount of ludicrous shouts from the Swansea fans after every single tackle. Michu should have been off and Dyer's red was fully justified, Swansea played very average today (as they are in general IMO) and deserved nothing from that game at all.

I thought the referee was okay today not especially bad. The game was amazing though and i am glad I woke up at 4 am.

But i am sure swansea fans have different views so need to argue with him. Thank you for coming Ainsley, I thought swansea really had their chances but they just couldn't take them to gain momentum, I am rooting for Swansea this season apart from when they play us though. I really like Graham , Ki, and Vorm top players though Ki didnt do well today. My korean friend tells me he is really impressive for the national team and I was hoping we might get him.

Overall it was a pretty good game. We bossed them at the start of the first half and although I didnt think we were brilliant, but we were effective. We pressed high up the pitch (like I suggested smile.png) and defended tenaciously... At least until we scored and then we sat off and let them into the game. We rode our luck a lot after that and the main culprit for most of their genuine opportunities was Pienaar. I thought he looked lazy when we had control of the ball. His usual zip and quality wasnt there and then he let his runners go which gave them two guilt edged chances.

Second half started better than we did last week (although Neville gave away a really sloppy corner). Pienaar seemed to have the kick up the arse he needed. We should have scored with a great flowing move with Vic playing a lovely ball to Felli. After the sending off (which was fully justified), we controlled the game and made them work like we should do.

Howard had to make some crucial saves and made up for some poor errors in previous games.

Coleman really surprised me at RB. He was very good. Positionally he was no worse than Hibbert and he showed good pace and strength to get the team out of trouble. He wasnt the hardest test he will ever have but I have no doubts that he has a future in that position.

Jags & Heits were generally very solid. A couple of times they got caught out but a lot of those times he was because the midfielders let their runners go. They were leaving them 3 v 2 on occasions but they coped pretty well. Give Johnny a couple more games to get into his stride, especially with Coleman at RB we could have a very solid (and attacking) back 4.

Baines played really well. On another day he would have had a couple of assists.

Neville actually played very well in the first half. He still let runners go but his general play was decent. Second half he was sloppier. Osman was similar to Neville but he showed more quality. He let his runners go at key times which was frustrating and I think the midfield do need to work on their communication. At one stage they let a player go and Fellaini ran back 20 yards to pick him up. That shows the difference between them two and him.

Mirallas was bright and lively. He didnt get into the game that much but when he did he showed that he has real quality. His work rate was good as well.

As I mentioned above, Pienaar was disappointing for me in the first half. Sloppy, not interested and lazy. He was better in the second half but still very lacklustre in attack.

Fellaini was his usual self. Wasnt overly impressive but didi a very good job, and got involved in our best moves.

Vic was anything but his usual self. I was very impressed by him. First half he started brightly but then reverted back to type at the end of it being caught lazily offside and not holding the ball up when we really needed him to. However, second half he was brilliant. His work rate, his control, the runs off the back of defenders and his attitude were all spot on. He bossed the Swans back 4 and carried the ball with a lot of confidence. Fair play to him. I was ready to write him off but he showed he can do it today (albeit in probably what will be his easiest opportunity this season). He now has to do this in the next game and the one after that.

Edited by Bailey

Didn't see or hear anything of todays game, but the scoreline speaks for itself. Good to get back to where we first started after the frustration of last Monday (if only we had those extra two points in the bag now) and the previous reverse at WBA. It appears it was back to another fine performance, at an awkward venue, and it could have been more on the scoreline, all said. Sounded like a very comprehensive and impressive win against opponents who aren't pushovers. Hopefully we can get over the little recent setback and frustrations of the last two fixtures and take this performance into subsequent fixtures. Seems we have some games ahead that aren't too testing either.

What tackle on him? Oh that one, yellow at best.

Oh forgot to mention too fellani kicked out at rangel off the ball and got nothing.

Don't see how it was a yellow "at best." It was a clear scoring opportunity. The neutral commentators here in the US agreed that Swansea got away with one because it should have been a straight red.

Agree with most of the comments, but thought Jags and Heits were really weak together. Really poor at responding when we lost the ball, just not picking up their marks. A better team or less acrobatics from Howard and we would have been made to pay for not putting in more earlier. Hopefully that partnership is able to get it together, because the ought to have the attributes to give us the solidity at the back that we need to cut the scary moments from our dominant performances.

People saying that Coleman didn't do enough going forward, but I wander if he wasn't maybe given a specifically defensive set of instructions for Moyes, what with Kev in front of him and away from home. Hopefully we keep him in there for a few matches.

Thought Oviedo looked interesting, quick, good touch, looking to get forward. Hope to see him start against Leeds.

Agree with most of the comments, but thought Jags and Heits were really weak together. Really poor at responding when we lost the ball, just not picking up their marks. A better team or less acrobatics from Howard and we would have been made to pay for not putting in more earlier. Hopefully that partnership is able to get it together, because the ought to have the attributes to give us the solidity at the back that we need to cut the scary moments from our dominant performances.

Bar a couple of small individual errors I thought Heits & Jags did quite well. Whenever Swansea got forward they found themself with several 3v2 opportunities because the midfield didnt help out, especially with Pienaar, Osman & Neville at the end of the first half. There is only so much they can do.

When we take Distin out we lose our arial protection.

The issue I have with Jags is that he is often slow to decide the best course of action, and tries to be clever, often getting caught out. It might be best if he just lumped it out of harms way. I wasn't convinced by our defence yesterday, so hope Distin gets back in.

Distin has height, strength and pace. He is a freak of nature for his age - I would partner him with Heitinga. Heitinga offers so much more in terms of distribution and my case for this partnership is this - FELLAINI.

Deploying fellaini in in an advanced position allows us the option to go long. By that I mean a long range pass (Heiting) as opposed to a long range hoof (Jagielka). Heitingas pass completion from long range is outstasnding, we can use that as a weapon (fellis chest) when teams are doubling up on the predictable but at times very effective bainaar partnership.

I think Swanseas fans are at risk of being seen as arsenal esque footballing snobs, one year of playing good football in the prem and they think they can shout "hoof" everytime we play long. I like the way they play, but it doesnt give them the right to criticise teams who dont play that style.

Distin has height, strength and pace. He is a freak of nature for his age - I would partner him with Heitinga. Heitinga offers so much more in terms of distribution and my case for this partnership is this - FELLAINI.

Deploying fellaini in in an advanced position allows us the option to go long. By that I mean a long range pass (Heiting) as opposed to a long range hoof (Jagielka). Heitingas pass completion from long range is outstasnding, we can use that as a weapon (fellis chest) when teams are doubling up on the predictable but at times very effective bainaar partnership.

I think Swanseas fans are at risk of being seen as arsenal esque footballing snobs, one year of playing good football in the prem and they think they can shout "hoof" everytime we play long. I like the way they play, but it doesnt give them the right to criticise teams who dont play that style.

He's our best Center back by a mile in my opinion, but his age often means that long term, Moyes' plans will be without him. He commands his side of the field with great effect, which is essential given that Baines is often in an attacking position. He is also a left footer (I think) and lightening quick, and has more experience than our other centerbacks put together.

Spot on

Is playing long to Fellaini any different to playing long to Crouch?

We play great football on the ground at present, and I expect it to get even better as Moyes comes to terms with his new side. Playing long to Fellaini might be best served as a bonus, rather than set up to do that.

I'd hate for us to go back to hoof football. We're so much better than that.

Is playing long to Fellaini any different to playing long to Crouch?

We play great football on the ground at present, and I expect it to get even better as Moyes comes to terms with his new side. Playing long to Fellaini might be best served as a bonus, rather than set up to do that.

I'd hate for us to go back to hoof football. We're so much better than that.

It's about mixing it up, we do play great on the deck, but to have a player like heitinga who can ping passes (as opposed to hoof) with fellaini able to bring a ball down with his chest is a massive weapon.

Do a few long balls - watch the other team surround felli - then you will see more space on the left flank then hit them on that side. They will then double up on bainaar and then felli has the space again...

A bit like a boxer who can hit at range or work on thwe inside = very frustrating for the opponent to decide which is the less of the two evils.

It's about mixing it up, we do play great on the deck, but to have a player like heitinga who can ping passes (as opposed to hoof) with fellaini able to bring a ball down with his chest is a massive weapon.

Do a few long balls - watch the other team surround felli - then you will see more space on the left flank then hit them on that side. They will then double up on bainaar and then felli has the space again...

A bit like a boxer who can hit at range or work on thwe inside = very frustrating for the opponent to decide which is the less of the two evils.

excl.png