IGNORED

Neville no Pirlo but....

Memmaclub

Thought he was awful yesterday and on Monday.

Yesterday in particular, a back header to Howard went out for a corner, several over & under hit passes to Coleman, had him fuming and defensive 'clearances' or headed clearances, either went to the opposition or put us under a lot a pressure.

I'd prefer it if he truely was the water carrier....for the backroom staff at least.

He and ossie are not helping our centre backs at all, which is particularly bad as Neville is supposed to be a defender.

had we had Gibson in yesterday instead of Phil I'm sure

1. They would have got nowhere near our area at all yesterday as he is twenty times better in that position

2. We'd have had a couple more goals because Gibson can pass and shoot!

I wish Neville would retire! We have our best squad we have had in ages, but he is letting the side down, he did a job for us a few years ago, but we have progressed since then, he hasn't

Edited by mogsy

He and ossie are not helping our centre backs at all, which is particularly bad as Neville is supposed to be a defender.

had we had Gibson in yesterday instead of Phil I'm sure

1. They would have got nowhere near our area at all yesterday as he is twenty times better in that position

2. We'd have had a couple more goals because Gibson can pass and shoot!

I wish Neville would retire! We have our best squad we have had in ages, but he is letting the side down, he did a job for us a few years ago, but we have progressed since then, he hasn't

Not helping our centrebacks ? huh.png

He covered the defenders at the start of the 2nd goal, and went straight into cover Jags when he was off the field. He also blocked a close range shot from Graham after Jags had headed off the line just to name a few moments.

If we are to remember the bad, we need to remember the good too. We only have the players we have, so need to get behind them.

He might not be the fizz in our Champagne, but the lad is getting a bit of unfair stick lately.

He covered the defenders at the start of the 2nd goal, and went straight into cover Jags when he was off the field. He also blocked a close range shot from Graham after Jags had headed off the line just to name a few moments.

If we are to remember the bad, we need to remember the good too. We only have the players we have, so need to get behind them.

He might not be the fizz in our Champagne, but the lad is getting a bit of unfair stick lately.

Yeap but there were plenty of times he left the exposed as well, it's premiership football we r talking about here, you can't keep on doing that game in game out, yes he gets it right sometimes but that's not good enough at this level, it needs to be most of the time, granted not all the time, that's impossible but most of the time is not

On first view the bits that stood out in nev's performance yesterday were sloppy mistakes but watching it back he did so some good covering and made some important contributions - I don't think Osman and him are a strong enough pairing but they're not our 1st choice and I'm sure Moyes will look to stregthen this area of the team come Jan.

For the time being he is in there as cover, but I would be very disappointed if neither, Lundstram or Junior couldnt do the same job. Similarly you can move Fellaini back and bring one of Pienaar or Naismith into the centre.

We have options, and they might not be ideal but neither is playing Neville.

This

Fellaini, and swap to a 442 with Mirallas up top.

For the time being he is in there as cover, but I would be very disappointed if neither, Lundstram or Junior couldnt do the same job. Similarly you can move Fellaini back and bring one of Pienaar or Naismith into the centre.

This

On first view the bits that stood out in nev's performance yesterday were sloppy mistakes but watching it back he did so some good covering and made some important contributions - I don't think Osman and him are a strong enough pairing but they're not our 1st choice and I'm sure Moyes will look to stregthen this area of the team come Jan.

And this!!

Don't hate him, I'm just think he's to long in the tooth now, and we'd be better off with out him starting week in week out! sad.png

Somewhat agreed with this. I really wish Neville could deliver quality performances week in week out because he seems to be a great captain and has the respect of the dressing room, however he's been very inconsistent and poor on many occasions. I would like to see him become more of a squad player rather than a week in week out starter.

Fellaini, and swap to a 442 with Mirallas up top.

So you want to change something that is working well in order to fix something that isn't? huh.png

So you also want to change something that is working well, and on top of that destroy the Pienaar and Baines partnership? huh.png

Lundstram or Junior?

So we drop our most experienced player for our least experienced players ? I really can't see that one happening.

If it were me, I'd be more inclined to leave well alone until Gibson returns, with the possible Osman / Naismith rotation, and make a decision on who plays in defence, as I really don't get why Distin was dropped and not Jags. Short of Heitinga playing in the middle, Moyes needs to patch up our defensive issues, and leave the rest alone, as it's been a long time since things worked this well, even if there are obvious weaknesses.

There's a few people on here that seem to think people need to justify their opinion on players lately obviously because it goes against theirs! let people have an opinion it's annoying this and the Vic thread being just two examples.....

Neville is a great pro no doubt about that and has been for the most part a very reliable player for us but as said we have other options now who would offer more. He's a decent player to have as cover for now but I would like to see Him in a coaching role or something similar by next season...

There's a few people on here that seem to think people need to justify their opinion on players lately obviously because it goes against theirs! let people have an opinion it's annoying this and the Vic thread being just two examples.....

Neville is a great pro no doubt about that and has been for the most part a very reliable player for us but as said we have other options now who would offer more. He's a decent player to have as cover for now but I would like to see Him in a coaching role or something similar by next season...

It's called debate. Nobody has been asked to justify anything, but rather offer an alternative. Your comments are way off in my opinion mate.

Not soley aimed at Yourself in this thread Avin but it does seem that way to Me bud or it could be that I'm shattered and reading it the wrong way happy.png

I'm not anti Neville but with the likes of Mirallas Naismith Junior Oviedo and Gueye granted two of those are pretty much untested We have options even by adding one and having a little shuffle could work out better.

It's also no so much Neville himself that concerns Me it's the pairing of Him and Ossie they are simply like chalk and cheese and don't work well nor compliment each other.

Just about to reply to that, but you've beat me to it.

Regarding Felli he is unplayable in spells behind the striker, although WBA had the better of him (ref didn't help). Sacrificing him for Mirallas is less of a jump than the improvement from Neville to Fellaini as it's his defensive ability that really excels. If Felli moved back there it would greatly improve the stability of the midfield and give us more control over the game until Gibson is fit and we can afford the luxury to play Fellaini further forward. In an ideal world we would clone him and have a team of Fellainis.

To play 442 you need a really great central players as they have to do the work of an extra man otherwise risk being over run, and Fellaini is good enough to do the job. Having a ball playing cb also helps to implement a great 442. Plus Vic and Mirallas would be a handful for any defence, think Heskey and Owen a decade ago for England v Germany.

To keep on topic Neville should focus on his badges. Ideally we would have loaned out Coleman and kept Neville as a back-up RB, but with Coleman staying I don't see the point in keeping Neville on as a player. There's a long list of players I'd rather see in the middle before Nev, although to his credit he wasn't the worst Everton player against Swansea.

Edited by pete0

So you want to change something that is working well in order to fix something that isn't? huh.png

So you also want to change something that is working well, and on top of that destroy the Pienaar and Baines partnership? huh.png

Lundstram or Junior?

So we drop our most experienced player for our least experienced players ? I really can't see that one happening.

If it were me, I'd be more inclined to leave well alone until Gibson returns, with the possible Osman / Naismith rotation, and make a decision on who plays in defence, as I really don't get why Distin was dropped and not Jags. Short of Heitinga playing in the middle, Moyes needs to patch up our defensive issues, and leave the rest alone, as it's been a long time since things worked this well, even if there are obvious weaknesses.

You said it, obvious weaknesses!! And Neville is! How the hell are we going to know if our youth are any good if we don't try them, like you said it's an obvious weaknesses, it's not So if we are asking for fellini or baines to be dropped to try out someone else, we are asking that a consistently poor performer be dropped from the starting line up. It couldn't be any worse could it?? :)