IGNORED

Liverpool

Romey 1878

Agree. We set up far too defensively for our own good, and Moyes has a superiority complex when it comes to Liverpool.

We're potentially missing Gibson, Fellaini and Pienaar aswell, all 3 are first team starters.

Don't be suprised to play a team of;

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Mirallas Neville Heitinga Osman

Anichebe Jelavic

Liverpool getting a win last week will help their confidence.

I hate suggesting a score though, so i'll just say 'meh'.

Edited by tenaciousj

Genuinely interested Pool fan here, do you guy see yourself beating us this weekend? Can't see it myself i'm backin us to win, but mainly cos of the mental block your lat appear to have against us rather than us being that much better. Thoughts?

If we managed to play to our very best (as seen at times this season), and managed to remove our 'mental block', then I think we'd maybe kick your arse.

But!....Mental block firmly in place, possibly missing Gibson, Hibbert, Fellaini and Pienaar, Gerrard raising his game and your usual piece of luck, then I suspect you will be correct and you will win!

Your highly priced team of stars will show their true worth.We are above you at present, we deserve to be above you.....but you are one of the worlds biggest spenders, you surely can't spend too much time in the bottom half of the table!

Genuinely interested Pool fan here, do you guy see yourself beating us this weekend? Can't see it myself i'm backin us to win, but mainly cos of the mental block your lat appear to have against us rather than us being that much better. Thoughts?

Is the username a serious request?

Even the bookies are unsure on this....some have you narrow favourites and some us. Impossible to call for me; but if we play like we did v United in the opening game (sadly we won't) it could get messy for you.

If we get Gibson or Felli back I'd go for us, neither and we'll probably struggle.

Velkommen

Yes I cant see any reason why not, especially if Felli and or Gibbo are back

A full strength Everton playing at their best is currently a much better team than the Liverpool equivalent.

Sometimes though, you need to avoid poor refereeing, and cheating opportunists, and unfortunately both are rife every time we play Liverpool. It wouldn't surprise me if Pienaars card was a brown envelope affair in advance, as we've had some terrible refereeing decisions made against us this season, and you can't help but be paranoid sometimes that there is a protective force to prevent any new teams challenging the top 4.

I know you get suspended for reds, but the red was such a bs call.

It was two yellows rather than a red, second one was wrong.....don't think you can say he shouldn't run behind someone in case he gets kicked Marco...harsh. If all refs were that daft managers would/should immediately sub anyone on a yellow.

This would be my team -

Howard

Hibbert Jagielka Distin Baines

Mirallas Fellaini Gibson Osman

Naismith

Jelavic

Obvously that's dependent on players being back from injury etc, but if injured players are back that's what I'd go for.

I'm not a fan of playing Osman out wide but he's shown he can link up with Baines well and it'd also give us a bit more in the way of combating Sterling down their right.

Gibson can sit in the midfield, protect the defence and spray the ball about to get us moving forward, while Fellaini does what he's good at and dominates the opposition midfield. But can also drop back alongside Gibson for added defensive cover if the need arises.

Naismith has a good understanding with Jelavic so would be a good foil up there, but can also swap with Mirallas on the right if we want to freshen things up and give Liverpool something different to think about.

I think it's a dynamic and flowing starting line-up and I hope that that's similar to what we go with on Sunday.

Just reading up about Liverpool's Thursday opposition, Anzhi Makhachkala....

Guus Hiddink in charge, Samuel Eto'o captain and €150m spent on players since Jan '11 when the new owner took overhuh.png .

Gotta hope they give them a bit of a test, though I'm sure Liverpool will rest a few.

4thOfficial delivers the good news of Fellaini should be ready for the derby, and the bad news that Gibson won't.

Howard

Neville Jagielka Distin Baines

Naismith Heitinga Osman Mirallas

Felliani

Jelavic

Swap Osman, Mirallas, and Fellaini around to keep hold of the ball if we don't impose ourselves straight away.

I don't like the thought of Coleman dealing with Suarez 1v1. Although if we were to experiment I wouldn't mind playing a similar 433 as Liverpool's but with Heitinga filling in at rb to cover Coleman going forward.

--------------Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

--------------Heitinga

---------Fellaini Osman

Naismith-----Jela-------Mirallas

Edited by pete0