IGNORED

Liverpool

Romey 1878

Genuinely interested Pool fan here, do you guy see yourself beating us this weekend? Can't see it myself i'm backin us to win, but mainly cos of the mental block your lat appear to have against us rather than us being that much better. Thoughts?

Wow, a real life Liverpool fan. Isn't the Internet great? I can sit at home and talk to another football fan thousands of miles away tongue.png

I have a feeling we'll be seeing something like this:

Howard

Coleman Jags Distin Baines

Osman Heitinga Neville Mirallas

Anichibe Jelavic

We wont be seing this if Felli is back. Heitinga on bench, Felli in CM. Rest looks very likely. Would like to see:

Howard

Coleman Heitinga Jags Distin

Mirallas Felli Osman Baines

Naismith Jelly

Not going to happen though. (bring on critisism about the starting line up, I believe in it with current injuries and suspentions and will be able to argue for every player in this position.)

On the basis of the clubs inconsistency thus far and one bad performance is usually followed by a fine effort and vice versa you would think we would have enough to beat this opposition. Usually play the shite at home during the autumn months and lo and behold this year was no different. Marriner was also in charge for the opening fixture against Manchester United we won too. Of course anything can happen in these fixtures. Makes no difference if one side is struggling, or another is doing well, form is immaterial as both teams play off against each other. I think the venue will work in our favor, and we can inflict more misery on them and pressure on Rogers. Quietly confident

Everton 1 Shite 0

Guest blueboy122

If Heitinga's in midfield then I will implode. If he's in midfield next Neville I might just run onto the pitch while they're warming up and cripple one of them.

Exactly what I was thinking. No way either of them can play midfeild never mind both of them together.

For me hibbert has to start at right back, Suarez will be drifting out onto the wings and for me Neville or Coleman wouldnt be able to cope with him. Rarely have I seen anyone get the better of Hibbert whilst he has been playing right back.

On the basis of that half if we play the XI in front of us and not the name (and play half as well as we can) we'll humiliate them.

Holy shit the Russians were poor though...that's what you get for €150mhuh.png ? Abject for eighty minutes then improved to dreadful for the last ten.

Eto'o on £350,000pw....jesus.

Everton's batteries should be fully charged on Sunday while the red team might still suffer from PMF (post-match-fatigue) after tonight's game.Our players mus just honestly beleive they can win and play their hearts out - make it a fast game and outrun the reds - we can and must beat them come Sunday

Any thoughts on Hibbert v Coleman at the back? Apparently Hibbert returned for the U21s this week, so could be fit and available. Obviously Hibbo's experience and defensive abilities far outshine Coleman's, but I do worry about throwing him straight back in. Thoughts?

Also, if Gibbo and Fellaini both fail to make it, will we through Hitzlsperger in there? I can't imagine he's anywhere near match fit, let alone ready for a derby, but the thought of Neville in there passing it back and forth with Jags and Distin before bobbling it to Gerrard and getting sent off trying to make it back is keeping me from sleeping a bit.

Edited by chicagoblue

I'd prefer Hitz in there than Neville or Heitinga.

Howard

Hibbert Jags Distin Baines

Coleman Felli Osman Mirallas

Naismith

Jelavic

Maybe swap Naismith and Mirallas around? I think to best accommodate for Pienaar's absence Mirallas has got to be moved there so our left side threat isn't nullified. He can play onto Baines overlapping or cut back in, and on the right Coleman and Hibbert can just do their thing bombing down the line. But then Naismith up front behind Jelavic? I dunno... Probably gonna be disappointed no matter who Moyes puts out due to Gibbo and Pienaar's absence. We would slaughter these bastards if we had our fully fit 11.

Lawrenson...

This must be the first time in a very long time where Everton really do fancy themselves against Liverpool.

Everton fans can look at their team at the moment and say 'I wouldn't take many Liverpool players in our side', which is always an interesting thing to do when you look at these games. Liverpool fans would take more Everton players at the moment.

There are some positives for Reds fans though, mainly thanks to Raheem Sterling. The kid has been fantastic.

I thought that by now he might have plateaued a bit but he impresses me more every week. Andre Wisdom, the right-back who will probably end up as a centre-back, is another young player you don't want to hold back now because he has taken to the Premier League so well.

One problem for Liverpool with chucking in all these promising youngsters is that they have done well so far, but doing so consistently over the course of the season is completely different.

Also, come Sunday, I can imagine there will be quite a few Liverpool players in their first Merseyside derby match.

You don't know how they will deal with it. Sometimes with these games, a player can go in not knowing anything about what they will face and they can breeze through it. Other times, and I saw it happen when I was a player, they think 'oh my god it's the derby' and they freeze.

You have to be ready because Merseyside derbies can be absolute madness. They don't often resemble a game of football because of the hype beforehand and the pace the game is played at.

This one will be no different. Everton have more quality but Liverpool are still difficult to beat, which is why I am thinking this will end up in a draw.

Prediction: 1-1

If what Lawro says is true and Andre Wisdom is moved to centre back then surely we have to play Felli higher up the field. He'd have a field day!

I hate derbies but if I don't predict an Everton win ill worry that I somehow subconsciously affected the outcome....

3-2 jelly, felli and jags for us!

Edited by MoyesForPM

Not optimistic about this game at all: Moyes’ record against Liverpool is dire. He’ll revert to tentative type and play Neville again, justifying it because of his ‘big game experience’. A passenger down in midfield, bereft of any tactical nous, and on the wrong end of some expletive filled decisions, we will let Gerard run the show again. Only wish it was going to be otherwise, but experience teaches...well, you know the rest.

Thanks MikeO I was there that day. Great stuff.

(Were you there?)

Hardly ever made it to Goodison back then Rubes....was virtually exclusively an away fan in the late seventies/eighties/early nineties, London games and Southampton mostly. I worked half a mile from Plough Lane (lived about a mile away) so Wimbledon was the easiestsmile.png .

Said it before but the only derbies I've seen have been Wembley ones. Need to put that right one of these days.