IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Just one point on Martinez, what calibre of player can you attract to Wigan? No one knows what he can do with the extra pulling power of a big club. He buys journeymen and risks at Wigan, but it's all they can do. They don't fight in the same league as Everton. If he gets a big chance I think he'll do brilliantly.

I really hope you're right because it is looking like he'll be the one to take over, but I have my reservations.

The one thing I will like if he comes in is that he's willing to try different things and can change things in a game.

I'm not at the 'if moyes goes' stage. I'm at the "thanks for everything Dave, hand in the keys to your sponsored car at reception on your way out"

I am actually desperate for martinez to come in, a breath of fresh air, has a footballing philosophy, an eye for a player, the ability to operate and manipulate players who earn a fraction of the salary that our internationals do.

Above all I don't think he has ideas above his stations, which I think Mr Moyes does. My only concern is that does Martinez have enough authority about him??? If not then he would need a sturdy assistant.

Moyes has had a low transfer budget but higher salary budget, Martinez has had low in both but played far more expansive football. I believe he could get a better perfromance out of our current squad and we would see the likes of barkley, vellios and duffy feature.

Id still like to see Laudrup here. Laudrup and Henrik Larsson. A dane and a swede. Denmark have always played attractive offensive football. Sweden have always been good at defending. (apart from right now under the new manager) and Larsson would teach Jelavic a thing or two about putting the ball in the net.

Loved Moyes but I think its time for something new.

He would be a good manager for Everton but he's just signed a new deal at Swansea - not going to happen.

It wouldnt be the first time a player or a manager leaves a club after signing a long term deal. Its rare for managers but I can still dream ;) Edited by Peter H

Im sure he has loads of clauses to free him up.Ive said it before Laudrup is the only man i want to take over and i am encouraged about his recent comments about how he isnt desperate to manage a "top club" due to the fact he could be out of a job in six months if things dont go well at the start.Martinez is a strange one. He comes across well but what has he done at Wigan? yeah i know he has kept them up but is that it? He would be a huge gamble but less than Poyet,Solskjaer,Giggs etc i honestly think if Moyes went he would have a big say in who followed him like Walter recommended Davey

I'd rather have a manager who isn't as expensive and see the majority of the £8 million go towards a player.

I'd kind of like to see players get a lot less too Pete.

Sometimes managers and players need to take a step back, and pinch themselves.

Moyes "Do I stay at Everton?" could be translated into "Do I stay in one of the highest paid jobs in the world, where I am loved, appreciated, and have allowances made for my mistakes by an enormous amount of people or do I forget what a lucky bastard I am, and be greedy?"

I can't believe anybody would risk everything by doing what Moyes is doing in delaying signing.

He can still move on, contract or not, if a club want him badly or not. To need to ensure they get him for free, and with it, don't compensate Everton, shows a lack of confidence in his own desirability.

I'm not at the 'if moyes goes' stage. I'm at the "thanks for everything Dave, hand in the keys to your sponsored car at reception on your way out"

I am actually desperate for martinez to come in, a breath of fresh air, has a footballing philosophy, an eye for a player, the ability to operate and manipulate players who earn a fraction of the salary that our internationals do.

Above all I don't think he has ideas above his stations, which I think Mr Moyes does. My only concern is that does Martinez have enough authority about him??? If not then he would need a sturdy assistant.

Moyes has had a low transfer budget but higher salary budget, Martinez has had low in both but played far more expansive football. I believe he could get a better perfromance out of our current squad and we would see the likes of barkley, vellios and duffy feature.

sturdy assistant? Id have Neville along side, for several reasons... But going to a meeting now! Edited by Matt

I'd personally like a manager like Martinez who can change the way we play with attacking football, thats good to watch. We could play from the back and stop this long ball! I'd love us to be able to pass the ball around the way Swansea do it now, we already have good enough players who could play that way with our attacking wing backs like Baines and Coleman. Wingers like Pienaar (even though he hasnt got the pace) and Mirrallas. I could see Jelavic scoring plenty of goals with this type of football. I would sell Felli and let the new manager bring in a few new faces to freshen up the squad and boost the team, just look at the way Newcastles season has changed just by adding a few new players. Get rid of all the dead wood and give the youngsters a go. I know im going to get slated now! (as much as i hate them) but the way the red shite have gone about it recently isnt a bad shout, bringing in players with a bit of class who are very good in their position, not like all these utility men who play every position on the pitch but arent world beaters! Maybe im dreaming ay?

I dont think The Shite are great example on how we should go about things.Not that im slating you James at all. They still can spend £20 mill in Jan window without blinking which as we know we cant do. Moyes has the right idea with players that can "do a job" due to the fact that the majority of the squad are getting older and know how to play the game. However i am with you. Buy young players that know their position but are up to the rigours of two games a week and are pacey and virile. We mst be so easy to play against.

I still think there's every chance that Moyes will call time at Goodison during the close season. We won't be winning anything this year again, and Moyes has had 11 years now and still no trophy won, and he was ideally looking at champions league soccer in order to continue in charge, and that looks dead in the water and even a lesser european prize is looking doubtful. I think if we miss out on Europe altogether once more that may well sway Moyes to finally depart and there won't be many who will shed any tears for his leaving. The last weekend was just about the final insult for many.

I think if moyes was to do a pulse check on the fans opinion he would realise that he has backed himself in to a corner.

His statement being "I want to see how we do in the cups, I want to see how we do in the league, and it's more than likely I won't make a decision until the end of the season. So you can ask me every week, but I'll probably give you the same answer."

Well for me and many - the season has ended, we are staggering over the finishing line in fact here we are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9BbN_rgwY

Thing is for our elite manager if no clubs are forthcoming with a promise of european football, a war chest and ambitions that match his - then he will look pretty foolish signing a new contract.

For me its as simple as this:

He has held us to randsom - not in a financial manner, far more cruel than that. He has almost washed his hands of any wrong doing that may occur and put the onus on the players. It has backfired dramatically. He has lost the respect of many (I had long standing doubts over his credentials - not his integrity)

We have served a great purpose for Moyesy, we have allowed him to use the "look at me, i've got no money and i'm taking a knife to a gun fight act and i've taken a few scalps here and there". The beauty of which is that people buy into Everton plucky under achievers and it covers his complete and utter lack of tactical nouse. He has become a very wealthy man managing a small well paid and cheaply assembled squad on mid-high table expectations. The problem that many miss is how often has he taken his knife to a fist fight and had his jaw broken? Wigan as an example.

The history books will show him as a long standing manager who won nothing but earned alot more. Do I wish him well if he goes??? Not bothered really, if he ain't Everton then i'm not interested. I can look at ex players with fond memories - but only for what they did in the blue shirt. Sentiment doesn't run too deep when you love a club that has been taken to the cleaners by financial mis management, over paid mercenaries, liars. The second I see Martinez holding up an Everton scarf will have me saying David who?

I think if moyes was to do a pulse check on the fans opinion he would realise that he has backed himself in to a corner.

His statement being "I want to see how we do in the cups, I want to see how we do in the league, and it's more than likely I won't make a decision until the end of the season. So you can ask me every week, but I'll probably give you the same answer."

Well for me and many - the season has ended, we are staggering over the finishing line in fact here we are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ9BbN_rgwY

Thing is for our elite manager if no clubs are forthcoming with a promise of european football, a war chest and ambitions that match his - then he will look pretty foolish signing a new contract.

For me its as simple as this:

He has held us to randsom - not in a financial manner, far more cruel than that. He has almost washed his hands of any wrong doing that may occur and put the onus on the players. It has backfired dramatically. He has lost the respect of many (I had long standing doubts over his credentials - not his integrity)

We have served a great purpose for Moyesy, we have allowed him to use the "look at me, i've got no money and i'm taking a knife to a gun fight act and i've taken a few scalps here and there". The beauty of which is that people buy into Everton plucky under achievers and it covers his complete and utter lack of tactical nouse. He has become a very wealthy man managing a small well paid and cheaply assembled squad on mid-high table expectations. The problem that many miss is how often has he taken his knife to a fist fight and had his jaw broken? Wigan as an example.

The history books will show him as a long standing manager who won nothing but earned alot more. Do I wish him well if he goes??? Not bothered really, if he ain't Everton then i'm not interested. I can look at ex players with fond memories - but only for what they did in the blue shirt. Sentiment doesn't run too deep when you love a club that has been taken to the cleaners by financial mis management, over paid mercenaries, liars. The second I see Martinez holding up an Everton scarf will have me saying David who?

I think you need to put the kettle on Haf. I%20surrender.gif

All i know is that we need CHANGE of some sort. Now if that comes in the the form of a new manager with different ideas and views to contribute then great. If not and Moyes does sign a new contract then he needs to change the way he does certain things. He has to develop a Plan B, and he has to start looking to win games properly, no more 1-0's then sit back and defend it, top teams look to keep scoring goals till the final whistle.

It's looking like it will be a huge summer in terms of managerial changes throughout the league so it could be an interesting summer for the club.

But lets face it, no matter what happens, nothing will ever progress or change for the club till there are changes at the very top.

The change the club requires, or needs to move forward, or break free of mundane status, will be for Moyes himself to vacate his position during the close season. I do hope Moyes doesn't sign that contract, but nobody seems to know what he's up to just recently. Still quietly confident of some much required changes this upcoming close season, but many (from what I've read) think there won't be much difference from what we have now. Just going to wait until end of season and during the summer and see what occurs, but as again, simply put, Moyes simply can do no more here, many (and I) truly believe.

I am somewhat concerned under a "Grass is always Greener" logic, but Haf, I thoroughly agree. Personally will always have a soft spot for Moyes but thats entirely a personal feeling. Think I agree with every other word spoken on your post.

I'm at a point at where I'm getting more and more confident that I wont, and don't want to, see him here next year. I do not like the thought of us just being used as a nothing better came along club, as this is a problem I can see reoccurring every year he is with us. Everyone knows he wants to move on, so why let the uncertainty drag on? Especially given the quite obvious impact its currently having on the team.

I'm a big Moyes fan, would have been happy to see him stay on, but I think he's done too much damage to his rep with the players for this season, and dont want to see the same will he wont he thing dragging on all summer, and next season too. Hope I'm wrong on this issue and he can turn it around and make a proper commitment, but just cannot see it happening.

If he wants to move - he must move now or just resign - give a new manager a chance to find his feet in the remaining games -

if he does not want to move he should be asked to go immediately for the same reasons as above -

he can prove nothing in the remaining games - a new manager and young players can get to know each other -

it can also serve as a sort of a trial run till the end of the season -

Moyes has done well - but has to move on now - in the interest of the club