IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Still think its time for him to move on but today's result has made me feel better about him. Today proves that he can still make us fight on the same page as the big clubs so if he stays then I'll be happy, but if he goes I'll be excited to see what a new manager can bring to the table.

Fuckin right I'm asking him to leave! That performance to day reinforced what a twat he and his team made of themselves last week. Milk wall semi final.... Fist pumping on the pitch, fuck off you greedy over ambitious tit, lost us all out big games. Disgusted.

Fuckin right I'm asking him to leave! That performance to day reinforced what a twat he and his team made of themselves last week. Milk wall semi final.... Fist pumping on the pitch, fuck off you greedy over ambitious tit, lost us all out big games. Disgusted.

Bit OTT, I can fully understand the frustration considering we lost 3-0 to Wigan and could have gone to the final but we've just out-played City for fucks sake. I'm not in the Moyes camp but at the same time we need to still give him credit where it's due.

we play our best when backs against the wall....I personally cant take too much from that result but will enjoy the moment...I only wonder if the naismith substitute would have been the final nail in the coffin if we would have gone on to lose the game....and i wonder what would have happened if we were one down and chasing the game....I can tell you, we would still be behind the shite in the league....

Credit to the lads though, they can only deal with the situation in front of them...

Yes I still want Moyes to leave.

Last weekend was a fucking shambles. An embarrassment to any given supporter of this club and any chance we had of winning something for the first time since 1995 was extinguished that day with an abysmal and lame display. They may just have given Wigan a bye through to the next rounds before start of play. Getting a high profile win the next game, and lo and behold the players actually earn a salary and everything's fine and dandy ?

No.

Moyes is facing this (end of) season as 11 years as manager without anything won. Damn well had the chances to do something, but last weekend and even the shite semi-final less than a year ago, what opportunites missed, and Moyes has to shoulder his share of the responsibilities as manager. If he leaves this close season, once again - good enough.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2294548/Fans-bored-stability-David-Moyes-Tony-Pulis-bring-Gary-Neville.html

I consider the reaction to two very well respected, and I would say high-performing, managers this week David Moyes at Everton and Tony Pulis at Stoke.

Both have been coming under pressure because people these days arent happy that Everton, who once would often flirt with relegation, will finish between fifth and eighth every year; or that Stoke, a club who were in the third tier 11 years ago, will end up between 12th and 14th in the Premier League. The fact that they know whats going to happen doesnt excite them, doesnt stimulate them.

But if anything demonstrates the importance of stability, of consistency, of not making rash decisions, then Everton's performance did.

What the Moyes fan club appear to forget is that the cycle of decent results against 'bigger' teams, followed by abject failure in big games, and losses to very poor teams, has been going on for years. Moyes does just enough to make you think things will get better soon whereas, in actuality, he gets very well paid for achieving absolutely nothing. Arguing that things would be worse without him is a silly scare tactic designed to enforce the status quo. The club needs a new direction. Commentators in the media, especially the Liverpool brigade on MOTD, love to proclaim Moyes as Everton's Moyesiah, and cast dissenting fans as ungrateful Doubting Thomases. This is a pernicious fallacy. They want Moyes to stay in charge because they know we will never get anywhere under him. Everton are the spirited underdog, the plucky outsiders. The only thing we really contend for is public opinion. I don't want that and nor, I suspect, do most Everton fans.

What the Moyes fan club appear to forget is that the cycle of decent results against 'bigger' teams, followed by abject failure in big games, and losses to very poor teams, has been going on for years. Moyes does just enough to make you think things will get better soon whereas, in actuality, he gets very well paid for achieving absolutely nothing. Arguing that things would be worse without him is a silly scare tactic designed to enforce the status quo. The club needs a new direction. Commentators in the media, especially the Liverpool brigade on MOTD, love to proclaim Moyes as Everton's Moyesiah, and cast dissenting fans as ungrateful Doubting Thomases. This is a pernicious fallacy. They want Moyes to stay in charge because they know we will never get anywhere under him. Everton are the spirited underdog, the plucky outsiders. The only thing we really contend for is public opinion. I don't want that and nor, I suspect, do most Everton fans.

How exactly do we go forward, when the teams above us can buy the top places?

Put 'any' of the top 5 teams managers in charge. Would we be better and more successful?

How exactly do we go forward, when the teams above us can buy the top places?

Put 'any' of the top 5 teams managers in charge. Would we be better and more successful?

It's a difficult one! On the one hand being in fifth on the resources we have is amazing, and nobody can knock moyes for our general league form, but we also have to look at our cup form, which is basically our only chance of silverware, and we have come up short in that department. Yes we have been in a final under moyes, but our league cup form has been shocking. And also look at some of the teams that have won the fa or league cup whilst moyes has been in charge such as Portsmouth and Birmingham, and even the swans this year, and we are way better than them! As you say realistically 5th is as high as we can go, possibly 4th but that is down to other clubs screwing up more than us, but we should be doing better in cup competitions, and that has to rest on moyes's shoulders. Edited by mogsy

The following managers I believe are more tactically astute than Moyes and would do a better job:

Redknapp

You can not put Redknapp in there. He is by far, one of the worst tacticians I have ever witnessed in world football.

It's general knowledge and very well documented in fact ,and he even admits himself, that it's his man management skills rather than his tactical nouse, that give him the edge over other managers.

Moyes isn't that great but he's certainly not worth that comparison.

Others, I would agree on, bar possibly Wenger; who's far too stubborn to implement any real tactical changes.

Just to add weight -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/mar/12/david-moyes-harry-redknapp-tactical-breakdown

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/dec/01/the-question-harry-redknapp-tactically

http://www.runofplay.com/2010/11/17/harry-redknapps-tactical-theorems-make-jonathan-wilson-look-like-goodluck-jonathan/

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/redknapp-lacks-tactical-nous-england-job-130332788.html

http://oneinthehole.wordpress.com/2011/08/29/why-harry-redknapp-is-no-longer-the-manager-to-take-spurs-forward/

http://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=3038

Edited by tenaciousj

Others, I would agree on, bar possibly Wenger; who's far too stubborn to implement any real tactical changes

He'd give our youth players a chance, with our small squad that alone would get us a few extra points plus in the long term they should be better players from the early experience.

I really just want a different brand of football. Moyes is too reactive, too focused on the defensive shape, it might lead us to frustrate the bigger sides and with a bit of luck we can even get results against them. But it's no good trying to break down the teams below us. I think he's done a great job, we're a solid team most of the times (just not when it matters), he's done brilliant work in the transfer market at times, but tactically he's too conservative for me.

That's why I'd be very happy if we could get Martinez if Moyes goes. Build from the back, pass through the middle, etc. He's also willing to experiment with his formation in order to find something that better suits his players as shown by his use of the 3-4-3.

I would juat like to see the passion they showed against City against all teams. Its hard to keep that up every week but we are so up and down its unbelievable.

Tactics and philosophy come into that but we shouldnt have to be backed into a corner to perform.

“Would I rather be here than anywhere else on a day like this? Well, if you’d asked me that when I made a substitution that didn’t seem that popular [like Steven Naismith for Mirallas] even though I felt it was right to keep us in the game, then there’s a wee element of that as well!

“I felt I was being questioned at that moment, but maybe people are now big enough to turn around and concede that we perhaps got it right after all. I’ve definitely given Everton the respect with my work here and I hope that’s mutual."

What an egotistical dick head Moyes is. It was an awful substitute and he's trying to make out he's a genius and the mere fan knows fuck all. What did Naismith contribute before a short pass in stoppage time when the game was already wrapped up anyway? Because all I can remember is a shit pass when we were on the counter and a poor corner.

The following managers I believe are more tactically astute than Moyes and would do a better job:

Fergie

Wenger

Martinez

Laudrup

AVB

Jol

Redknapp

Would need to see more of Laudrup before I'd put him in that bracket. He's done a great job at Swansea but wouldn't form an opinion that he's better than Moyes after only seeing him for half a season.

Never been a fan of Jol, but think thats more personal opinion rather than any statement on his talents.

And I would not let 'Arry within a hundred miles of Everton. After Portsmouth first, QPR if they go down will be in the same situation (Mostly Hughes fault but he certainly contributed). Also just think he is over rated, and last season was found out towards the end.

Moyes doesn't like players who try and make things happen with the ball at their feet. It's too much for him to handle, Mirallas is a threat but a risk and he would sooner have a jobber on the pitch.

His comments are a complete disgrace by the way, he needs to reign himself in after that shite against Wigan.

I hope Moyes goes sooner rather than later, he's starting to sound a bit arrogant and cocky and some of his comments sound like he thinks he's bigger than the club regarding the whole contract situation.

I'm really starting to dislike him and I'd rather he went with everyone remembering how good he was for us than the egotistical "you need me more than I need you" prick he's starting to sound like.