IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Lets say its Martinez or laudrup, I expect them to utilise the internationals we have - all in all 14+ of them. Get them playing:- football, possession, pace, creative, pressing - all those key words.

I know people like to think that moyes has a collection of rejects on £2000 a week but to his credit he has acquired a good squad. That is something he can do well. They are on a good coin however.

I would expect a Martinez or laudrup to come in, use the fellaini money and continue where they have left off in their previous clubs, finding top talent at bargain prices and getting them playing football with an attacking mindset, no dithering, no protecting 1-0 wins.

Lets say its Martinez or laudrup, I expect them to utilise the internationals we have - all in all 14+ of them. Get them playing:- football, possession, pace, creative, pressing - all those key words.

I know people like to think that moyes has a collection of rejects on £2000 a week but to his credit he has acquired a good squad. That is something he can do well. They are on a good coin however.

I would expect a Martinez or laudrup to come in, use the fellaini money and continue where they have left off in their previous clubs, finding top talent at bargain prices and getting them playing football with an attacking mindset, no dithering, no protecting 1-0 wins.

So a more attractive mediocrity then?

Our lads have been getting call ups, right throughout the squad, so they can't really be playing shite.

We have this every year. Lads who thought we were going to win the league suddenly get itchy feet, and want changes.

Maybe Wigan will escape relegation, or maybe they'll win the cup which I hope they do, but we are still above the Shite, and 2 points off 5th. We are also only 6 points off 4th with a game in hand, which just happens to be against Arsenal, which is perfect for us, and we still have to play Spurs and the Shite, so we really could get 4th, but heck, sack Moyes, and let's get the manager of a team in a relegation struggle?

Edited by Avinalaff

has laudrup done anything major in management? honest question..cos it seems he has had a decent half season with swansea and all of a sudden he's one of the best

It's the same people calling for Laudrup who wanted Coyle, Holloway, Rodgers, Lambert, *insert flavour of the month here*. Laudrup would actually excite me as he's picked up some really good players for Swansea but he's by no means proved himself as a manager - if Swansea were to go down next year (I don't think they will at all) then is Laudrup suddenly a bad manager? Was he ever a good manager? Some people on here were screaming for Moyes out and Coyle in - I don't think anyone would own up to this now!!!

Martinez I kind of get as he gets his teams playing a decent brand of football (Swansea now Wigan) and he's 'proved' himself on a low budget at an unfashionable team but I'm not for just shouting for anyone who's maybe had a bit of luck or a rich vein of form. Moyes has been excellent for our club and should he go we can't afford to just plump for a flavour of the month type manager - we need the man who will build us as Moyes has and hopefully take us to the next level.

Laudrup managerial credentials:-

Assistant manager of the Danish team that got to quarter finals of 2002 World Cup.

2002-2006 great success with brondby, won double, Danish manager of year titles.

Getafe - cops del rey final, uefa cup quarter finals. Reinvented their style of football.

Moscow not enough time but rescued Mallorca from relegation. His time at Swansea has been incredibly impressive, their football has kicked on to another level.

Martinez is a miracle worker. Don't look at where Wigan are, look at the wage budget and then you see the enormity of his task.

I get that people rate Laudrup but every possible positive is highlighted there and negatives have been glossed over. Yes he has won titles in Denmark (a league on par with the SPL at best) and he has beaten Bradford City in the League Cup Final (okay beat Chelsea en route).

I'll be honest, I like the thought of Laudrup (although we have no chance of getting him) but if he's getting credit for being a runner up in cup finals and getting manager of the year then shouldn't we be comparing this to Moyes' 3 managers of the year and champs league qualification? - all without financial backing ala Martinez.

I get why people want Moyes out but let's judge managers without bias. If Moyes wasn't our manager and we were out lookers, looking in then would we want him as our manager? Probably!

Ask many Chelsea, Spurs, United, Arsenal and Citeh fans who they'd have replace their manager - I bet a lot would say Moyes.

Go on.

Seriously, you've dismissed them without knowing their achievements? Coyle succeeded with mission impossible he managed to get Bolton to play good football, only went down because of a run of injuries that would have relegated any bottom half club. Lambert - see Wiki.

If our manager changes, our financial circumstances won't. They could in fact get worse, as being a manager isn't just about getting the team playing well, but also about making the right financial decisions, and making the right friends. Get the wrong guy in and in a few years we could be looking at the wrong end of the league.

Other fans must think our supporters are out of their minds, but then the lads who get to the match aren't always the same lads shouting the odds on the forums.

As much as I think Martinez and Luadrup are promising young managers , and yes I would probably want one of these 2 if Moyes does leave, I don't think either of them have anywhere near as good a track record as Moyes

Don't forget the work Moyes did at PNE either, he took them from near relegation from Division 2 to the Division 1 playoffs, again with no money

As much as I think Martinez and Luadrup are promising young managers , and yes I would probably want one of these 2 if Moyes does leave, I don't think either of them have anywhere near as good a track record as Moyes

Don't forget the work Moyes did at PNE either, he took them from near relegation from Division 2 to the Division 1 playoffs, again with no money

He done very well getting them to the Championship, but should have went one further, but then he showed his first sign of choking. An achievement Lambert managed to do with a much poorer squad than PNE.

All he's done at Everton is offer stability. Have we really progressed? We won the Fa Cup in '95 and finished 6th in '96, not much better since. The squad wasn't that bad and we've only overtook the teams via that stability with the others imploding eg. Leeds, West Ham, Newcastle. Curbishley could have done the job just as well as Moyes.

No matter where you sit with Moyes there is no denying how well he has evolved the first team squad. There has been hiccups along the way but overall his player recruitment and sell on policy has been excellent. He got us organised and committed and his hunger and desire infected the squad and to some extent the supporters. Plenty of managers could have taken us down and his impact on taking us from that position to where we are now shouldnt be underestimated.

The problem is I havent see any development from that initial plan. We havent gone anywhere in the last 5 years and I dont mean in the table. Watch tapes from 5 years ago and you will see the same performances, same mistakes and same positives. The players are better, the wages are higher but the performances are the same, if not a little worse on the whole. I dont see the same desire from Moyes and I dont see that determination in his eyes anymore.

Both Laudrup and Martinez have done far more than Moyes had when he came to us. I think Martinez would fit us well and I think he could get more out of our current squad than Moyes is doing now. Whether than would be good enough to get us into the top 4 etc I really dont know.

Seriously, you've dismissed them without knowing their achievements? Coyle succeeded with mission impossible he managed to get Bolton to play good football, only went down because of a run of injuries that would have relegated any bottom half club. Lambert - see Wiki.

I don't need to look at wiki - Coyle got Bolton to play good football - they got relegated. Big Sam had them playing poor football in the prem for years! Who do Bolton fans miss now?

Lambert brought Norwich back to the prem with back to back promotions, like Adkins did with Southampton. I know Lambert is a Champs League winner and to be honest I think he's good tactically but your argument is very biased against Moyes and I know there is no changing that with your other posts.

He done very well getting them to the Championship, but should have went one further, but then he showed his first sign of choking. An achievement Lambert managed to do with a much poorer squad than PNE.

All he's done at Everton is offer stability. Have we really progressed? We won the Fa Cup in '95 and finished 6th in '96, not much better since. The squad wasn't that bad and we've only overtook the teams via that stability with the others imploding eg. Leeds, West Ham, Newcastle. Curbishley could have done the job just as well as Moyes.

That has to be the most ridiculously stupid question I have ever heard!

The team Moyes inherited was awful, it was full of ageing has beens like Ginola, Gascgoine and Blomqvist not to mention the defence where Stubbsy and David Wier were not exactly spring chickens, oh and the disaster that was Alec Clelland. The midfield wasn't exactly Barcelonaesque either with the likes of Scott Gemmill, Alex Nyarko, Niclas Alexanderson , Mark Pembridge, Idam Tal and Linderoth. Upfront we had Kevin Campbell who at the time was struggling with injuries and form and was coming to the end of his Everton career

I know you like to think Walter Smith was a shite manager because he played Steve Watson upfront, but he only played there for a handful of games due to injuries to Campbell, Radzinski and Max Moore, even scoring a hatrick if memory serves. In fact the injury crises was that bad I can remember Unsworth partnering him upfront!

So do you honestly believe the squad wasn't that bad?? Moyes had to completely rebuild the squad he inherited and if you cant see the difference to that squad and the one we have now then there is no hope for you

Do you also not recall how well Curbishley did after he left Charlton, his career was a car crash so what makes you think it would have been any different at Everton?

I can understand why people might thing Moyse has taken us as far as he can, Im one of them! And I can also understand why people might think a change in manager with a fresh impetus and new ideas might be a good thing, But I cant understand how fans can turn on Moyes and what he has done for the club

If anyone thinks paul lambert is a shite manager, they need to really look at what he's doing. The blokes got balls. That job at villa is a tough one, they've had 3 shite managers - oneill created an expensive monster.

He's changing the culture there, bringing in youth, playing football and dropping poisonous attitutude players like bent. It's one of those get worse before gets better.

Coyle was unlucky as Pete said, little bit wet behind the wars but he will come good.

getting relegated cos they played some ok football is an achievement?

If anyone thinks paul lambert is a shite manager, they need to really look at what he's doing. The blokes got balls. That job at villa is a tough one, they've had 3 shite managers - oneill created an expensive monster.

He's changing the culture there, bringing in youth, playing football and dropping poisonous attitutude players like bent. It's one of those get worse before gets better.

Coyle was unlucky as Pete said, little bit wet behind the wars but he will come good.

I also think Coyle will do well somewhere else.

It should be remembered that O'Neill brought some good players to Villa who they sold on for profit. For me the timing of his leaving was the worst thing he did - but he left them far better than he found them even if he did spend a lot on wages. They were consistently in the top six. He simply wanted to push them higher. Not as patient as our man.

I am not convinced about Lambert personally but I have a feeling they are going to just about stay up.

Edited by weebittight

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's shite. Many are suggesting Moyes is though... or so it seems!

I think we need the opposite!

IMO we are only 2 or 3 players away from being an excellent side so why break that up?

Yes we need to bring the average age of the squad down but I think Moyes has already started preparing for that

Hiibo & Neville replaced by Coleman & Stones

Distin replaced by Duffy

Osman replaced by Barkley

We have some very promising youngsters coming through and all of a sudden the squad doesn't look so old and that is before we sign anyone

So when are Duffy and Barkley replacing Distin and Osman? He will probably still be playing Ossie for another 5 years if we go off Neville still getting a shirt. Also has he only just put Coleman in because Hibbert is injured.Stones might have a wait yet........

Personally I am not to keen on Lambert. To me he uses Championship tactics and while hasnt done too badly with them so far in the top flight, he will always come undone by opposition teams that match them on work rate.

I'll go crazy if Moyes goes and we replace him with another long ball merchant. I want a manager who wants to control the game by dominating possession.

I'll go crazy if Moyes goes and we replace him with another long ball merchant. I want a manager who wants to control the game by dominating possession.

Like the Spanish? That would drive me nuts.

If we're going for whats wanted... I want someone who mixes up his tactics - long ball sometimes, possesion, short n direct - depending on who were up against and how the game is unfolding. Someone who is both proactive and reactive.

Trouble is, who fits that bill?

So when are Duffy and Barkley replacing Distin and Osman? He will probably still be playing Ossie for another 5 years if we go off Neville still getting a shirt. Also has he only just put Coleman in because Hibbert is injured.Stones might have a wait yet........

At a guess I would say as soon as they become better players than them

At a guess I would say as soon as they become better players than them

Training matches and pre-season friendlies are no indicator of whether or not someone is good enough imo. The youngsters need first team action, even if it's only 20 mins at the end of each game or playing in cup matches.

Prime example would be when Barkley came in at the start of last season and did'nt look quite ready, which is why i always feel sorry for Vellios as i feel he has shown he is ready imo.

Edited by Simon