IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

That post belongs on rawk

What would your team be?

What's the biggest difference between Everton and Man United, one player (RVP) or the manager?

26 points difference with 8 games to go is a disgrace, 100% confident we'd have more points if Moyes used the squad rather than leaving Osman and Pienaar on when they are flat footed.

You said based on this season not talent yet you put osman in for carrick and heitinga for jags or whoever cos of their abilities? Which criteria is it?

Osman had a purple patch but has still been one of our best players, even earned him an England cap.

No cb's have stood out, that's why I went on ability. Evans had an excellent spell and would have been my 1st cb pick had he played more. Of the ones that played the most Rio, Jags, and Distin non have impressed at all. Not gonna pick a player purely down to playing more often, which just happens to be Moyes' selection policy.

You know I tend to agree on a lot of things with you, Pete, but you're sounding crazy at the moment :D

IMO, Baines would get into their starting XI and that's it. In terms of talent, their players are simply way ahead of ours. Mirallas could get into their rotation on the wings given none of their wingers have had a good season, but intrinsically Nani has way more pure talent than Mirallas does.

Osman gets in after a purple patch yet carrick doesn't after a great season cos he has more flair? Doesn't sound like form selection to me...and on the point of evans if osman gets in based on a good spell evans should if all the other cb's have been shite

Carrick wouldn't offer enough to a team with Felli sitting in it.

You said form though...can't alter your rules to suit your own opinion that we have better players

But wouldn't be the best team, would just be the best 11. Hadn't stated this in my initial post so I'll hold me hand up, but thats the reason for the slight difference.

Fellaini isn't good enough of a passer to play for one of the top teams imo.

He's a good passer, but its his control and release that gives him the edge, had one of the best passing stats in the league last year. Just loses the ball more often now as he's further up the pitch.

He's a good passer, but its his control and release that gives him the edge, had one of the best passing stats in the league last year. Just loses the ball more often now as he's further up the pitch.

No, he didn't. His highest passing percentage since he's been at Everton has been 79% in 11/12. He's wasteful in short passes and has very limited range. His strenghts are his tackling and his aerial ability, that's it.

No, he didn't. His highest passing percentage since he's been at Everton has been 79% in 11/12. He's wasteful in short passes and has very limited range. His strenghts are his tackling and his aerial ability, that's it.

His control is phenomenal, especially his chest. See Arteta at Arsenal compared to his crab antics here under Moyes for why his passing may seem limited.

His control is phenomenal, especially his chest. See Arteta at Arsenal compared to his crab antics here under Moyes for why his passing may seem limited.

Sure, his chest control is phenomenal. His feet really aren't great. Neither his first touch, dribble or pass are great. Never have been, probably never will be. I don't think there'll be a lot of interest from the top sides this summer either; I can come up with at least 3 better Belgian central midfielders, so there's bound to be plenty better in all those other countries as well. You just don't see his type of player at the top sides.

I think Arteta plays most of his passes for Arsenal sideways as well btw.

If you played Fellaini as a DM he wouldnt need to be a world class passer. His job is break teams down and stop them getting at the back 4 with his physical strength, aerial ability and the way he can read the game. No-one in the league can do this better than him IMO and with the more technical players ahead of him, he doesnt have to ping it around like Alonso. I think your vastly underating Fellaini there Steve.

I do agree about Rafael, I put Coleman in probably due to my blue tinted specs and his recent form but Rafael has been consistently good. He makes mistakes, and so will all young FB's but he has improved so much since the start of the season.

`

this is all i can think of reading this thread

Everton have clearly got a better starting xi than Man U and if you look at our squad our youngsters are better than the full internationals Man U have in reserve! Rooney pfffft! I'd rather have Anichebe on his current form but you know the lad Vellios is even better - talking world class blud!!!

My view would be that i think overall as a squad, yes they are much better than us. However the current Man United squad imo is vastly over-rated in terms of some of their recent teams/squads. Also im not sure who it was that said it, but i don't think Nani is any better than Mirallas tbh, need to see him for a bit longer though.