IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

The 3 at the back and the inclusion (and sub in the previous game) of Barkley were welcomed. The 3 didnt really work as Im sure Moyes would have wanted but it was against the perfect team to do it and we got the result. Barkley came on and did well as he did against Spurs. What else is there to say about it?

Maybe some people are just calling as they see it and giving their opinion... Shock horror.

Bailey, some of the more positive fans have opinions too, not just the negative whoppers.

After Millwalls run in the cup there were plenty of sides after TC. Jags had just been the stand out up and coming player at Sheffield United, again, he had plenty of interest after that. He was outstanding in the prem for them before his move.

Negative = demanding, wanting to be the best despite challenges, prepared to critique manager decisions, expecting a high level of performance from all the players, always looking for improvement. Only concern is the club, everyone else are just custodians.

Positive = having affinity with a chairman,manager or player to the point that any criticism of them brings a fierce defence, even if warranted.

Great 3 points today blue boys.

Negative = demanding, wanting to be the best despite challenges, prepared to critique manager decisions, expecting a high level of performance from all the players, always looking for improvement. Only concern is the club, everyone else are just custodians.

Positive = having affinity with a chairman,manager or player to the point that any criticism of them brings a fierce defence, even if warranted.

Haha even you must admit that's bullshit!

Wahey, the old chestnut is back - anyone one with a dissenting view should pipe down. Yada yada.

Love it.

I totally disagree, I think its good to debate these things and without people dissenting we'd never progress. However, i personally think we are doing pretty good at the moment and you'd think we were in Aston Villas position reading some of the posts on here.

I think one problem is that all the problems at Everton get lumped into one digestible, tangible object that people think can be easily fixed. Where the problems with the board get put on the manager and vice versa. The problems need to be tackled, but in isolation. For example, Kenwright needs to find a buyer and I don't for one second believe he's looking for investment as much as he claims. But, that is totally separate from the FA cup disaster or tactical decisions.

Edited by MoyesForPM

I'm pretty sure we went through this at the time but I seem to remember Heitinga coming on so others could push up and stay in their third of the pitch. It did work because we started to put them under lots of pressure with balls in the box and corners. This resulted in a goal....job done.

It's not like we were hanging on passing the ball around the back 4 waiting for the whistle to blow was it?! Or playing into the corners?! Surely that's what a manager would do if they wanted a draw.

Seriously, some of you guys are impossible to please!!

This

The problem is some people saw a CB for a CF and were completely oblivious of the actual tactical change that was made, and worked!

As you say we were pushing forward looking for a winner but some people just need to moan and others just didn't have a clue

I totally disagree, I think its good to debate these things and without people dissenting we'd never progress. However, i personally think we are doing pretty good at the moment and you'd think we were in Aston Villas position reading some of the posts on here.

I was being sarcastic mate. I'm of the same opinion as you are; debate is good. That's why positive and negative views should be aired. And you're always going to get the extremes of "the world is ending" and "let's make daisy chains and be happy, happy, happy".

Disagree all you like but don't try to shut down an opposing viewpoint just because you don't like it (by you I don't specifically mean you btw, just in general terms!).

I was being sarcastic mate. I'm of the same opinion as you are; debate is good. That's why positive and negative views should be aired. And you're always going to get the extremes of "the world is ending" and "let's make daisy chains and be happy, happy, happy".

Disagree all you like but don't try to shut down an opposing viewpoint just because you don't like it (by you I don't specifically mean you btw, just in general terms!).

Haha sound...

Now, who wants to make daisy chains!?

:)

This

The problem is some people saw a CB for a CF and were completely oblivious of the actual tactical change that was made, and worked!

As you say we were pushing forward looking for a winner but some people just need to moan and others just didn't have a clue

I ate raw chicken once and didn't get the shits. All this cooking it properly is clearly a load of bollocks. Food standards my arse, some people haven't got a clue.

I do like the butterfly effect to in game tactics deployed by moyes. If round farts on the bench, heitinga blasts from 18 yards. Genius.

Edited by Hafnia

Laughing here.

I ate raw chicken once and didn't get the shits. All this cooking it properly is clearly a load of bollocks. Food standards my arse, some people haven't got a clue.

I do like the butterfly effect to in game tactics deployed by moyes. If round farts on the bench, heitinga blasts from 18 yards. Genius.

*bangs head on wall*

They didnt bring him on because they thought he'd score.

I give up.

*bangs head on wall*

They didnt bring him on because they thought he'd score.

I give up.

We know this!

I've played to a decent amateur level but more importantly grasp tactics quite well. It was a square pegs and round hole substitution. Heitinga should only ever be on the pitch as a centre half, not def mid.

As mentioned earlier, there was more logical ways of doing this. Moyes used heitinga scoring as a means to justify that substitution. He's been doing this for years with often bad results.

Edited by Hafnia

Keep this up, and it'll be a better overall read than the Heitinga piece.

I still want Moyes to vacate his position. Maybe we have been getting results for the most part in recent games and people have been going back to him and giving encouragement but I can't change on the thinking. We all talk about 'If Moyes leaves' but from all that I can gather, he may not be going anywhere this summer and remain in charge for another season or more. Not ideally looking forward to that to be truthful.

We know this!

I've played to a decent amateur level but more importantly grasp tactics quite well. It was a square pegs and round hole substitution. Heitinga should only ever be on the pitch as a centre half, not def mid.

As mentioned earlier, there was more logical ways of doing this. Moyes used heitinga scoring as a means to justify that substitution. He's been doing this for years with often bad results.

When did he do that?

The fact Hietinga scored was just a bonus. What about the fact the ball was pumped into the box towards Felli who created havoc before the ball fell to Hietinga? Plus the fact Ossie moving into a more attacking role gave us the impetus

Whether you agree with the tactic or not , on that occasion it worked

Incidentally when I said some people just need to moan and others just didn't have a clue, I wasn't putting you in the latter category

We know this!

I'm not questioning your football nous mate, I can see that you understand the game.

I just get fed up of reading about how often Moyes gets it wrong, yet we don't have threads talking about he got the tactics right against City or Utd. It seems like if we win, the players are to thank, and if we lose its Moyes fault because the players we have are capable of beating top sides.

It's a no win situation really.

Edited by MoyesForPM

I would be very, very surprised if he does leave to be honest. Personally I'm not sure if I want him to go or not. One week the man pisses me off, the other he does a good job. I don't like the whole idea he will forever perpetuate of us punching above our weight etc though, as evidenced once again on MOTD yesterday.

we know what we have in Moyes - lots and lots of consistency but no silverware - some of us have seen enough of that for 11 years now -

a change is as good as holiday they say - look at Southampton and Sunderland as examples of clubs that have bitten the bullet for the better -

we must certainly let Moyes go if we can find somebody better - that is called progress - loyalty is something different -

lets respect each others views - and debate the facts instead of trying to suppress any point of view -

you will find very few if any so called negative posters attacking the so called positive posters just for being constantly positive -

don't tell anybody to be positive or negative - tell them why - with good arguments and facts -

vigorous debate can only get us all thinking for ourselves and questioning our own views with those of others - in the interest of Everton

Very well put Sideliner!

I'm usually sat pretty much in the middle on the majority of debates in here as I see both sides of the debate in a lot of cases. I'll take what each person says and look at it logically whether that be a negative or positive view.

Of late it's getting a tad tedious on here even in threads that have no relevance or even provocation towards certain members and their views people will throw references in obviously aimed at those others for no real reason other then it's a different view to theirs it's boring childish and very single minded.

People keep banging on about others views and taking a constant dislike to that view but fail to see they are trying to constantly push their own views and opinions on people when what's suggested or said goes again the grain.

All of you whether that be the so called negative bunch or happy clappers have an opinion and valid ones at that and your obviously more then entitled to air those opinions but come on lads quit with the constant referencing.

It may just be me and I'm all for debate but it's just not been that way with some on here and it's starting to grate on me big time.