IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Win Percentages:

Pereira: 68.97%

Moyes: 42.07%

Martinez: 29.2%

You can't really read much into these stats but at least it shows you that Pereira can win games. Martinez for me would be a good choice but a risky one, he seems to have good character but he's only ever known a relegation struggle. Pereira has experience at winning titles and competing in the best competitions.

Win Percentages:

Pereira: 68.97%

Moyes: 42.07%

Martinez: 29.2%

You can't really read much into these stats but at least it shows you that Pereira can win games. Martinez for me would be a good choice but a risky one, he seems to have good character but he's only ever known a relegation struggle. Pereira has experience at winning titles and competing in the best competitions.

Moyes and Martinez would probably have similar win percentages if they were Porto's manager though.

IMO, when we're looking for a manager, results they have had with another team shouldn't be the primary focus. The manager's philosophy (regarding tactics, advanced statistics, etc) should b ethe most important thing imo.

Don't know much about this guy, but he's definitely a more exciting prospect than Neil Lennon. That is, if Moyes does go of course.

Who's to say Pereira would even consider it, would He want to come to a Club that has very little if any transfer funds available to improve the first team? I'm not clued up on Porto's financial situation so it may be as bleak as Ours.

The only realistic name banded about so far that may have a good chance of doing well here so far is Martinez. I don't think there is any chance of getting Laudrup here so for Me that's a non starter from the word go.

I dont know why we cant get Laudrup to be honest. Chelsea will get Jose and cant see City going for him if Mankini goes. Would Barca or Madrid install him? Possibly as they they dont mind swapping managers on a yearly/two yearly basis but i have read that Laudrup is ambitious but wants to build a team and have longevity. I think if Moyes goes we would be an attractive proposition to a good manager as long as Blue Bill is in command as they know they will get a few years probably.Only thing might be the compo for him. Im sure there are some great foreigners i know knowt about but i cant see us doing that. Got a bad feeling Martinez is nailed on

He's just signed a new contract for next season (and the season after) that's why. He hasn't signed a new deal within the past couple of months to leave straight away.

There was no reason to sign the contract if he was walking away.

I thought it would be obvious but that's pretty much why Trev, with that said the money it would cost to pay his contract off would put us out of the running straight away.

Unrealistic option he can build with Swansea fair enough they may not be in the position we are now but with financial backing they could be in a few years and he won't get that kind of backing here.

Victor Moses for 2,5m. Arouna Koné (2,7m), Jean Beausejour (3m) and Shaun Maloney (1m) are quality pick-ups as well.

They're tidy players, but when comparing the 2 managers transfer dealings, it's like comparing Cher Lloyd to the Beatles. You only have to look at our current squad to see the bargains, and we can go back 10 years doing the same.

Those who want Moyes out need to consider that.

I quite like al habsi, James McCarthy (class) I like the fact that he turned Leon Britton into a class ball playing centre mid when he was a right winger.

Jordi Gomez? Not a bad player for £200k.

Martinez spots technicalky gifted talent and elevates wigans game into playing high tempo, possession football.

He has worked on a fraction of moyes budget when you include players wages.

They're tidy players, but when comparing the 2 managers transfer dealings, it's like comparing Cher Lloyd to the Beatles. You only have to look at our current squad to see the bargains, and we can go back 10 years doing the same.

I quite like al habsi, James McCarthy (class) I like the fact that he turned Leon Britton into a class ball playing centre mid when he was a right winger.

Martinez spots technicalky gifted talent and elevates wigans game into playing high tempo, possession football.

I think he brought in Ashley Williams as well for £400k and Mccarthy was £1.2mil... Dont forget he also brought in Cleverly on loan. Not a bad list of players there between the 3 posts!

No-one is doubting Moyes credentials at spotting a bargain, but you cant deny that Martinez has an eye for it too especially when you consider he has to shop even further down the pecking order than we do.

I think it's also fair to say Martinez hasn't bought:-

Richard Wright £4m

Bilyaletdinov £9m

Kroldrup £5m

Beattie £6m

Simon Davies £4m

VDM £2m plus £££ in wages

Just getting a balance, Moyes overall has a very good transfer record, Martyn, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Jags, Baines, notable mentions.

and all that despite having to say, "and you'll be playing for Wigan...." That sentence alone will filter his possibilities massively!

and all that despite having to say, "and you'll be playing for Wigan...." That sentence alone will filter his possibilities massively!

I don't think it does to be honest

Wigan are a selling club and Whelan has always said he would never stop a player from moving to a bigger club so its an ideal chance for players to get into the Premiership and if they are good enough they will get a move to a better side

I do agree though that Wigan do seem to uncover some gems

I think it's also fair to say Martinez hasn't bought:-

Richard Wright £4m

Bilyaletdinov £9m

Kroldrup £5m

Beattie £6m

Simon Davies £4m

VDM £2m plus £££ in wages

Just getting a balance, Moyes overall has a very good transfer record, Martyn, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar, Jags, Baines, notable mentions.

Oh dear,

Do I now have to respond by writing out 100 names that have been great? dont%20know.gif

I know Moyes is a great manager because he has proved it to me. Martinez has proved nothing. Wigan are still fighting for relegation every season regardless.

To be honest, I'd rather certain fans went and supported Wigan and quit with their selfish demands.

I thought Mccarthy wasnt a Martinez signing? probably wrong tho.Moses was a no-brainer for me and Moyes should have bought him. Kone has scored goals wherever he has been and has been an astute signing though. Im more to leaning that with the "extra" money being doled out next season and with the sales of Felliani etc Moyes might have £40 mill to spend and im sure he would feel he could get 3-4 players that could get us pushing on again and think he will stay

Don't want Martinez. Sure he has done a good job with Wigan but I feel we need more than just someone doing a good job with Wigan.

Up to Kenwright I suppose but if Moyes leaves (though I hope he doesn't) I think we might as well give someone from the backroom staff a chance. If we want established managers we will have to look foreign because no one in the premier league is doing what moyes is doing with this budget

If Moyes was Wigan manager he wouldnt have been able to convice Cahill, Arteta,Jags, and the like to sign for them. It's not the same comparisson.

I don't think it does to be honest

Wigan are a selling club and Whelan has always said he would never stop a player from moving to a bigger club so its an ideal chance for players to get into the Premiership and if they are good enough they will get a move to a better side

I do agree though that Wigan do seem to uncover some gems

"come to Wigan. We pay peanuts, in the arse end of nowhere, constantly threatened with relegation with a near non-existant fan base"

Or

"Come to Everton, regular top half team, chances of Europe, decent pay, passionate fan base in one of the most famous cities in the world"

I know it would make a difference to me.

"come to Wigan. We pay peanuts, in the arse end of nowhere, constantly threatened with relegation with a near non-existant fan base"

Or

"Come to Everton, regular top half team, chances of Europe, decent pay, passionate fan base in one of the most famous cities in the world"

I know it would make a difference to me.

Sorry you have lost me now, what have Everton got to do with it?

Haf was pointing out some of the good signings Martinez had made at Wigan and you responded with

"and all that despite having to say, "and you'll be playing for Wigan...." That sentence alone will filter his possibilities massively!"

I wasn't implying that anybody would choose Wigan over Everton, I was merely stating that some players would view Wigan as an excellent opportunity to put themselves in the shop window