IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Welbeck is nearly a very good player for me. He misses far too many chances to be anything more right now. And I'm not convinced he'll ever be anything more but time will tell.

Jones may make a good CB one day but I wouldn't have him anywhere near midfield where he looks dog shit.

Cleverly is someone I keep changing my mind about. Some games he looks like he has something and other games he looks like labelling him average would be an overstatement.

What I'm trying to say is that Welbeck, Cleverly and Jones would all look very good playing for us... strange statement maybe but look back on what many said about Gibson when he was back-up at Man U. Since he's been here I think all will agree that he's been excellent and one of the 1st names on every Evertonian's team sheet!

I do - think he'll develop into a John Terry/ Tony Adams type cb in years to come.

That's why I disagree. Those sort of defenders won't be the ones that succeed in the future, IMO.

Managers will want more than a blood and thunder defender.

I'm not saying it's the way I'd go but it's just how I see things progressing.

That's why I disagree. Those sort of defenders won't be the ones that succeed in the future, IMO.

Managers will want more than a blood and thunder defender.

I'm not saying it's the way I'd go but it's just how I see things progressing.

Good point. Time will tell I guess.

Squad of 25 - Mancerton FC

Gk - De Gea, Howard, Lindergaard

Rb - Rafael, Coleman

Lb - Baines, Evra

Cb - Vidic, Evans

Cb - Jagielka, Smalling

Rm - Mirrallas, Valencia

Lm - Young, Nani

Cm - Fellaini, Cleverly

Cm - Carrick, Kagawa

Att - RVP, Welbeck

Att - Rooney, Hernandez

Obviously you could argue the toss on many players but to me it's clear the main difference between the two squads is in the attacking areas where, in my opinion, they are far superior to most.

Completely agree. When I put my team up I thought that I would have more of our defensive players and more of their attackers. I forgot about Kagawa as well. I think he will be a top Prem player in a couple of years.

Guest blueboy122

I cant believe half of what I've just read!

IMO Baines would get in the United team, and maybe Fellaini. No one else would come close.

These average overrated players are winning the league by a country mile, why would they need our players? Who do we have who can improve their team other than the two above?

Thank Christ someone thinks the same!

I have been reading all this thread and thinking am I going delusional or have our players suddenly become title winning players.

As Stevo said no player would get into the united team bar baines.

No chance not having it that any other player would.

:lol: so apparently the FA Cup game either wasnt in March or the award only pays attention to league form? What nonsense. Maybe he was the best of a bad bunch?

:lol: so apparently the FA Cup game either wasnt in March or the award only pays attention to league form? What nonsense. Maybe he was the best of a bad bunch?

Yea it's the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month, so only applies to league results.

If it included the Wigan game....well!

dont worry mate, takes more than that to annoy me wink.png

You wouldn't be good enough to share that (keeping calm) information by any chance.

No, but Moyes may well justify a manager of the month award for the league, but that cup embarrassment was a damn disgrace. They should take the award away if only for that, but as said, it's for league endeavors only, and to be fair, he has done well for the most part.

I was very surprised when I saw it tbh. We played one great game against Man City (which is probably what swung it) and then grinded results against two teams in dreadful form.

Pocchetino would have been my choice by far. Lost to QPR but drew away at Norwich and then beat Liverpool and Chelsea. Not bad for a relegation struggler!

To me, that just sounds like another reason for leaving. I can see him saying something like "I wanted to beef up the squad for europe, but i was given fuck all" after he leaves.

It's not the money issue damn it that keeps us back, it's Moyes himself. How many more times. We might just have a bottomless pit of cash at our disposal, but with Moyes defensive strategies and unwillingness to go on the offensive or timid approaches, where's it going to get us. One main reason why Moyes can never be (or they won't take him, or accept him) a managerial figure at say Chelsea or Manchester United for example. Ok he's (once again), a decent individual, has done well, recognized figure etc, but doesn't have the right mentality to succeed or want to go out and win. Yes it's all about individual thoughts on this and everyone has their own reasons and viewpoints but I can't change that thinking.

It's not the money issue damn it that keeps us back, it's Moyes himself. How many more times. We might just have a bottomless pit of cash at our disposal, but with Moyes defensive strategies and unwillingness to go on the offensive or timid approaches, where's it going to get us. One main reason why Moyes can never be (or they won't take him, or accept him) a managerial figure at say Chelsea or Manchester United for example. Ok he's (once again), a decent individual, has done well, recognized figure etc, but doesn't have the right mentality to succeed or want to go out and win. Yes it's all about individual thoughts on this and everyone has their own reasons and viewpoints but I can't change that thinking.

Dalziel, ......... NO !

Benitez has been quoted saying that he will go back to Liverpool and that he still lives there with his family. Dont think the shite are lookingto bring him back right now. Hope hes not DMs replacement if he does decide to leave.

I don't think Benitez coming to Everton would ever be a realistic appointment. I don't think that either party would want it, I could see him going back to Liverpool but I don't think that they will sack Rodgers. At the moment they have still got a chance of getting into Europe (mathematically) so I don't see why he should be given the boot. If they were going to do it they should have done it when he had them right at the bottom of the league.

Benitez at Everton ? I have trouble even typing it. Going back to Anfield seems plausible, but remember how supporters berated him towards the end, with the awful league form. They've been shit in the league for the most part since as long as anyone can remember, and Benitez having a return there, isn't going to change anything. Rogers may be running out of time up there, but the Spaniard won't be going back when the time arises, and as for being Everton manager, forget it, it isn't going to happen. More chance of Doris Day taking over from David Moyes.

jump%20for%20joy.gif

I'd be made up with this.

Mrs. Zoo is a Porto fan so I've been watching a lot of their games and I'm genuinely impressed with what he has done. Obviously the Portuguese league isn't up to the standards of the English one but Porto always seem to play attacking football which is something I'd like to see him do at Everton should he come over. I'd have mentioned him before but I had no idea that he was out of contract in the summer.

Winner.