IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Like the Spanish? That would drive me nuts.

If we're going for whats wanted... I want someone who mixes up his tactics - long ball sometimes, possesion, short n direct - depending on who were up against and how the game is unfolding. Someone who is both proactive and reactive.

Trouble is, who fits that bill?

Yes, like most Spanish club sides. The Spanish national football team tend to play without a striker and I agree they lack urgency in attack.

Not regularly switching up the tactics according to who we play isn't one of my gripes with Moyes btw and I don't want it from a new manager either. We should play our game and have the other team adjust to that. Keeping possession and controlling the tempo is winning football.

I'd always line up 4-3-3 with the midfield triangle pointing down. We need to buy someone for the defensive midfield position, someone athletic, mobile and with skill on the ball, that can slip in between the central defenders when we have the ball so we always have 3 men back. Capoue from Toulouse fits the bill for me. Have the left and right back stretch the pitch up field when we have possession. One other midfielder needs to be a very good passer, also capable of tracking back, Gibson for example, I also like McCarthy from Wigan if we could get him as Gibson has proven to be injury prone. I think Lundstram is that type of player as well. The other needs to have a bit more dribbling abiiity: Pienaar or Osman and Barkley should be getting minutes in that position as well.

If we lose the ball everyone should immediately push up and try to regain it as quick and as high up the pitch as possible.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he's shite. Many are suggesting Moyes is though... or so it seems!

I think people may just be balancing this whole "Without David moyes everton are doomed". He's a good manager, just like many others who could and would manage everton. Great is a word I would not use, as yet anyway.

I don't see how anyone can blame Coyle for Bolton going down. Do you honestly think Moyes would have done any better? He'd of had the injured players on crutches passing the ball side ways.

We've had our own horrendous injury problems under Moyes and it's arguably been a time when Moyes has performed the best. Adversity is a good thing to judge a manager on and Moyes generally does well.

seriously what has anyone every seen to suggest vellios is good enough to be playing he's way off the standard, anichebe is twice as good and some of the stick on here would suggest he's shite too

what have you seen to say hes way off standard? Ive seen assists, goals, and an energetic threat who is still learning his trade.

Vic has improved massively, since Christmas. For the years before that, hes proved to be a petulant, persistant disappointment.

seriously what has anyone every seen to suggest vellios is good enough to be playing he's way off the standard, anichebe is twice as good and some of the stick on here would suggest he's shite too

Because Vellios has looked very confident and assured in most of the games he's played in, scored the odd goal too. Victor on the other hand has taken the best part of four years to actually start to show he might have some worth, he's lucky he still wears the blue shirt, most managers would probably have moved him on by now.

Because Vellios has looked very confident and assured in most of the games he's played in, scored the odd goal too. Victor on the other hand has taken the best part of four years to actually start to show he might have some worth, he's lucky he still wears the blue shirt, most managers would probably have moved him on by now.

I couldn't agree with this more. Vellios has come in and shown great awareness and seems to bring a little bit more creativity to the line-up. I love that Vic is coming around, but I think Vellios will be the superior player in the end. Edited by TonkaRoost

We've had our own horrendous injury problems under Moyes and it's arguably been a time when Moyes has performed the best. Adversity is a good thing to judge a manager on and Moyes generally does well.

That just brings more questions about Moyes' reluctance to use the squad. Unfair to use Everton as a direct comparison to Bolton who lack the stature of Everton. Bolton is a small town in spitting distance of 4 top half clubs, hardly able to compete for the best youth players to rely on once injuries hit or a full 22 of decent players. Their injury run was a freak incident, wouldn't be fair to blame Coyle considering how well he did with a injury hit team, only went down by a point last day of the season.

Moyes being great with a limited squad/injuries is admirable and no doubt a great asset to have but that is for a survivor not a winner.

Some people become better chefs when they've got fuck all left in the fridge. When they've got got chicken ala bainaaar stocked up they become boring.

Moyes seems to be able to do more with less. Not a criticism, an observation. He doesn't know how to use his spices, so he overloads his meals with spuds (I never called our captain or Naismith spuds)

Hasn't he already done that, although to a lesser degree, but still significant.

Something's evidently not right, and Moyes being hesitant has indeed maybe caused some disruption and minds aren't entirely focused. Can only add (once again), I hope he declines to stay on past his 11 years and does vacate his position this close season. Can only reiterate what's already been discussed at length, but we really could do with a change now.

Hasn't he already done that, although to a lesser degree, but still significant.

Something's evidently not right, and Moyes being hesitant has indeed maybe caused some disruption and minds aren't entirely focused. Can only add (once again), I hope he declines to stay on past his 11 years and does vacate his position this close season. Can only reiterate what's already been discussed at length, but we really could do with a change now.

So if he signs, will you get behind him and support him ?

If he signs. I have nothing against Moyes as an individual, but we're simply going nowhere so long as the Scot remains in charge. It's merely going over old ground when you can say that even with an investment, would we really get much further, in that Moyes is so tentative and cautious. I support the club, have done for many years, and nothing will change that, but sometimes you have to realize when enough is enough. Maybe the best thing to do is simply wait until end of season and when Moyes makes a decision and take it from there.

If he signs. I have nothing against Moyes as an individual, but we're simply going nowhere so long as the Scot remains in charge. It's merely going over old ground when you can say that even with an investment, would we really get much further, in that Moyes is so tentative and cautious. I support the club, have done for many years, and nothing will change that, but sometimes you have to realize when enough is enough. Maybe the best thing to do is simply wait until end of season and when Moyes makes a decision and take it from there.

Even If jose Mourinho was in charge, we would still have no chance of overtaking the teams who spend fifty million pounds or more every summer.

We have the best manager here to handle the cash shortage, nobody else will do any better.

Edited by Bill

What do you expect / hope from a new manager?

4th? FA Cup win ? Europa?

What would satisfy you as 'going somewhere'?

Someone with the ability to win a trophy. And Moyes isn't it.

Ok, said before, maybe they won't be able to replicate the league success that Moyes has done, and remember of course the poor finishes as well as the good ones under Moyes, but our manager simply folds whenever there's a tangible chance of winning something or we get within striking distance of actually being able to get that first elusive trophy since 1994-95.

I only want a change. A new face, see where it takes us, if only out of curiosity. We've been away too long since a last trophy success, and until someone (else) comes in, and has a chance to do something, the wait will only continue. I'm not the only one who wishes Moyes to move on, although no harm to him, so maybe take it up with them.

Someone with the ability to win a trophy. And Moyes isn't it.

Ok, said before, maybe they won't be able to replicate the league success that Moyes has done, and remember of course the poor finishes as well as the good ones under Moyes, but our manager simply folds whenever there's a tangible chance of winning something or we get within striking distance of actually being able to get that first elusive trophy since 1994-95.

I only want a change. A new face, see where it takes us, if only out of curiosity. We've been away too long since a last trophy success, and until someone (else) comes in, and has a chance to do something, the wait will only continue. I'm not the only one who wishes Moyes to move on, although no harm to him, so maybe take it up with them.

We were winning 1-0 in an FA Cup final. That's pretty close to be fair to him.

You only want a new manager out of curiosity? And if it all goes tits up, then what?

Remember we are a club walking a very fine line, and if a change in manager went wrong, you could find us in administration in the not too distant future.

Also, nobody is 'taking anything up with you'. We're simply talking to you.

Even If jose Mourinho was in charge, we would still have no chance of overtaking the teams who spend fifty million pounds or more every summer.

We have the best manager here to can handle the cash shortage, nobody else will do any better.

Spot on.

We have the best manager here to can handle the cash shortage, nobody else will do any better.

Wenger is facing a similar problem to Moyes losing key players, if not to a more extreme extent. Main difference, Wenger trusts his youth players and blends them in with his tactics.

Wenger is facing a similar problem to Moyes losing key players, if not to a more extreme extent. Main difference, Wenger trusts his youth players and blends them in with his tactics.

Fact is that Arsenal have had a much better squad than us for a number of years (only this year are our squads almost comparable) and pay much higher wages as they are far wealthier too (and have a far greater fan base etc...)

Fact is that Arsenal have had a much better squad than us for a number of years (only this year are our squads almost comparable) and pay much higher wages as they are far wealthier too (and have a far greater fan base etc...)

Wenger coming in and revolutionising British football earned him/Arsenal extra revenue from winning comps and consistently qualifying for champs league.

Player for player there's very little in it on paper yet the last 3 years were 14 point behind. Pretty sure the main variable is that Wenger utilises his squad by including the youngsters. The season before Wenger joined Arsenal they only finished 2 points above us, and just the single point splitting us the season before that.

Edited by pete0

Wenger coming in and revolutionising British football earned him/Arsenal extra revenue from winning comps and consistently qualifying for champs league.

Player for player there's very little in it on paper yet the last 3 years were 14 point behind. Pretty sure the main variable is that Wenger utilises his squad by including the youngsters. The season before Wenger joined Arsenal they only finished 2 points above us, and just the single point splitting us the season before that.

I'm not certain but the only season we finished near Arsenal was 95-96 under Royle (possibly still my favourite season watching us) and they pipped us to Europe on the last day - otherwise we were in relegation scraps every other year as they pretty much went fr strength to strength from then on.

To be fair we've not been far off player for player (in some areas) in recent years but Arsenal have been far superior in general - we've not had players who can match up with RVP, Cesc, Nasari and early eg's Overmars, Henry, Viera, Pettit, etc!

The main factor is money - they can pay players £100k per week, we can't hence they have one or 2 world stage players while we have very good players. This season is the one where I think our squads area the closest they have been but Arseanl still edge it with individuals for me.