IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

I could see Martinez coming if the job was offered to him for many reasons..

I very much doubt Wigan will get European football next season they also have no money and with being a relatively small club with no real draw or appeal to decent players they will always be in a relegation dogfight season after season.

It's a no brainer for a manager at a club like Wigan to move on if a club like Everton come knocking, fair enough very little money also but we have a chairmen who has proven loyal to his current manager which would be a massive draw even before we get into the salary and league position current squad and so on.

I'm not sure if Moyes will sign if He does then fair enough just get it done asap and stop dragging it out causing unrest, if He does not then fair enough I'll thank Him for his time here and say He did a good job for the most part on very little resources but also take into account He was well paid for doing so and is far from as hard done by as many pundits supporters and journo's make out.

If He did decide to leave would I want Martinez not to sure tbh I do rate Him as a good manager as He did build the foundations of what Rodgers gets all the credit for at Swansea but there's just that slight doubt in My mind at the moment.

Ideally I'd love to have Bilic here, past player passionate has managed at national level in footballs biggest tournaments and likes to play good football and is also a much better tactician in My eyes then Moyes will ever be.

It seems that the people who want Moyes out would generally like either Martinez or Laudrup in.

What makes you think either would be interested in the Everton job?

Martinez turned The Shite down in the summer and it looks like Wigan will have European football next season.,same goes for Laudrup who has also just signed a new contract at Swansea.

What makes you think either would give that up to come to Everton where they would have no money to spend to put their stamp on the club?

I think Martinez turned down The Shite because they wanted to have a director of football and he felt he wasnt going to be solely in charge, which he would get at Everton. While he may be in Europe next season with Wigan I think he would be prepared to sacrifice that for the prospect of more to come in the long run with Everton.

I agree with Laudrup though. No way would he come here.

They only have to beat Millwall:huh: .

Totally forgot that it was Millwall they had to play to be honest mate even so I still think if another job became available especially here He would go...

If they did get past Millwall which is likely and didn't strengthen the only person that will benefit is Whelan financially other then that I'd predict they would get a spanking and fall at the first hurdle so I can't really see that having any detrimental bearing on it tbh.

Like I said though the man I'd love to see here is Bilic that's if Moyes does move on mind.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I think Moyes will sign. wink.png

i think he will too, but worried that it will be because he prices himself out of a move. At this moment, and for the most part, I dont doubt his dedication but his inability to change still makes me think we need a change. If its his approach to tactics, perfect. But i doubt that some how...

Don't think there's any chance bilic will end up here,when he was here last time he was a flop in my eyes.

Cost us a fortune for so little game time,no chance.

Haha You do realise this is a thread regarding managers and you do realise Bilic hung up his playing boots over a decade ago.....

His playing days have no relevance what so ever to His ability as a manager. It's not something I can see happening but it's still possible and IF Moyes did go Bilic would be My choice of realistic options.

Edited by EFC-Paul

i think he will too, but worried that it will be because he prices himself out of a move. At this moment, and for the most part, I dont doubt his dedication but his inability to change still makes me think we need a change. If its his approach to tactics, perfect. But i doubt that some how...

Can you not remember the football we were playing in the first half of the season? We were probably playing the most exciting, attacking football in the Premier League, just imagine if Jelavic had been firing at the time

We were always going to struggle when injuries and suspensions kicked in due to the size of the squad and I think some of the criticism Moyes gets in here is way beyond fickle.

If even half of the stuff said about Moyes in here was true then he wouldn't be fit to manage a Sunday league team, yet somehow he has turned perennial relegation candidates into regular European challengers with next to no money and won 3 manager of the year awards on the way. So either the professional managers around the country don't know what they are talking about or people in here are being way too harsh / fickle

The doom, merchants like Haf would have you believe that Moyes only likes workman like players such as Kilbane and Carsley and doesn't like flair players, well he certainly seemed to like Arteta and he certainly seems to like Mirallas

Its a common belief in here that Moyes has no plan B, yet there is only Man Utd who have come from behind to take more points than us this season in the entire Premiership

Im not saying for one minute that he is the perfect manager or that he doesn't make mistakes but I do think he ia a damn site better than what some of you give him credit for

Can you not remember the football we were playing in the first half of the season? We were probably playing the most exciting, attacking football in the Premier League, just imagine if Jelavic had been firing at the time

We were always going to struggle when injuries and suspensions kicked in due to the size of the squad and I think some of the criticism Moyes gets in here is way beyond fickle.

If even half of the stuff said about Moyes in here was true then he wouldn't be fit to manage a Sunday league team, yet somehow he has turned perennial relegation candidates into regular European challengers with next to no money and won 3 manager of the year awards on the way. So either the professional managers around the country don't know what they are talking about or people in here are being way too harsh / fickle

The doom, merchants like Haf would have you believe that Moyes only likes workman like players such as Kilbane and Carsley and doesn't like flair players, well he certainly seemed to like Arteta and he certainly seems to like Mirallas

Its a common belief in here that Moyes has no plan B, yet there is only Man Utd who have come from behind to take more points than us this season in the entire Premiership

Im not saying for one minute that he is the perfect manager or that he doesn't make mistakes but I do think he ia a damn site better than what some of you give him credit for

Doom merchant as opposed to happy clapper?!

Anyway, lets stick to facts. Moyes doesn't do flair players, arteta? He had him playing defensive midfield at one stage. Seems to like Mirallas? Erm not sure how he likes him so much he substitutes him when he is the one of the only players we have who will create by taking his man on and giving us pace.

Moyes was demanding more from Mirallas whilst watching Phil Neville serve up the biggest shite I've seen in a blue shirt.

Moyes is a great manager for preparing players, refreshing squad on a budget and that has brought us some good league finishes and some cup runs. However, he is a bottler. In a game when changes are needed to be made, when stakes are high he bottles it. No plan B, but a sequence of dithering substitutions.

No ones saying he's a shite manager, hes a good manager - hardworking. But he certainly ain't good enough for us to be blowing sunshine up his arse "please don't go David, we will turn into Sheffield Wednesday without you"

The reason many dont want him to go is because they believe no manager could do what he does on his resources, yet the board get an easy ride. Moyes is making some "show me your ambition" stance to the board now?! Ffs he's had over 10 years of towing the party line protecting bill and co and now it doesn't suit him. Easy to do with £20m plus in the bank.

I want a change, the club needs a wholesale change.

So we have a couple of injuries and suddenly we go from playing like Barcelona to playing like Barry Town? Gimme a break... We have played some great football under Moyes, no question about it but we have played a damn site more awful football. After all we played well for 3 or 4 games and then that form only resurfaced again last week against City in a game where the players had to respond. If you are happy with that then fine, but considering we have actually had very few injuries this season, there can be no excuse for being as bad as we have been at times. You cant expect the team to perform at 100% week in week out, but questions need to be asked when you go from brilliant to bleeding awful. Imagine where we could have been in the league if we had kept playing how we did at the start of the season (and normally the end of each season)?

Oh come on, Moyes never has a plan B - unless you include bringing another CB on! The teams we end up clawing back points from are the ones we should be beating in the first place and if he had made the changes earlier we might have actually gone on to win the game. Don't forget that we are also one of the top teams for giving away leads this season(havent got the stat but heard it against City last weekend from the SS team).

Moyes gets credit when it is due but he also gets stick when it is due.

Doom merchant as opposed to happy clapper?!

Anyway, lets stick to facts. Moyes doesn't do flair players, arteta? He had him playing defensive midfield at one stage. Seems to like Mirallas? Erm not sure how he likes him so much he substitutes him when he is the one of the only players we have who will create by taking his man on and giving us pace.

Moyes was demanding more from Mirallas whilst watching Phil Neville serve up the biggest shite I've seen in a blue shirt.

Moyes is a great manager for preparing players, refreshing squad on a budget and that has brought us some good league finishes and some cup runs. However, he is a bottler. In a game when changes are needed to be made, when stakes are high he bottles it. No plan B, but a sequence of dithering substitutions.

No ones saying he's a shite manager, hes a good manager - hardworking. But he certainly ain't good enough for us to be blowing sunshine up his arse "please don't go David, we will turn into Sheffield Wednesday without you"

The reason many dont want him to go is because they believe no manager could do what he does on his resources, yet the board get an easy ride. Moyes is making some "show me your ambition" stance to the board now?! Ffs he's had over 10 years of towing the party line protecting bill and co and now it doesn't suit him. Easy to do with £20m plus in the bank.

I want a change, the club needs a wholesale change.

Yes that's exactly what I mean, you are the polar opposite of a happy clapper. For the past 2 years you have been a constant source of negativity when it comes to Everton

Moyes challenged Mirallas to reproduce his early season form and to score more goals and guess what happened ? He started doing exactly that so where is the problem?

Mirallas has had a bad hamstring injury and Moyes stated publicly that he was going to ease him back in and use him for an hour or so in the remaining games , so again where is the problem?

As I have said I am not for one minute claiming he is perfect, yes some of his substitution's are baffling but I bet fans of every club in the country would say the same thing about there managers. Yes the club always seem to bottle it on the big occasions and Moyes needs to look at himself and ask why that is

You have been complaining for as long as I can remember that Moyes doesn't stand up to the Board and then as soon as it looks like he is putting them under a bit of pressure to give him some funds you start complaining about that.

I totally disagree with you about the club needing wholesale change, we are 6th in the Prem and have probably got the best squad weve had for a long time, what we need is investment not wholesale change.

IMO we are only 2 or 3 players away from being a very good side.

So we have a couple of injuries and suddenly we go from playing like Barcelona to playing like Barry Town? Gimme a break... We have played some great football under Moyes, no question about it but we have played a damn site more awful football. After all we played well for 3 or 4 games and then that form only resurfaced again last week against City in a game where the players had to respond. If you are happy with that then fine, but considering we have actually had very few injuries this season, there can be no excuse for being as bad as we have been at times. You cant expect the team to perform at 100% week in week out, but questions need to be asked when you go from brilliant to bleeding awful. Imagine where we could have been in the league if we had kept playing how we did at the start of the season (and normally the end of each season)?

Oh come on, Moyes never has a plan B - unless you include bringing another CB on! The teams we end up clawing back points from are the ones we should be beating in the first place and if he had made the changes earlier we might have actually gone on to win the game. Don't forget that we are also one of the top teams for giving away leads this season(havent got the stat but heard it against City last weekend from the SS team).

Moyes gets credit when it is due but he also gets stick when it is due.

Some of the stick is well warranted, but most of it is not.

Simple question, If Moyes is tactically inept, never gives youth a chance, only plays his favourites, never knows when to make a sub, is too negative, doesn't know how to utilise flair players and is a bottler. Then how the fuck has he managed to turn Everton around and how the fuck has he won manager of the year 3 times?

Do you honestly think that missing the likes of Gibson, Mirallas and Coleman for large chunks of the season has had no effect on the team?

Sides are on to the Piennar / Baines combo and are overloading on the left to nullify it,. If they had to contend with Mirallas and Coleman on the right then they wouldn't have been able to do that so easily

Some of the stick is well warranted, but most of it is not.

Simple question, If Moyes is tactically inept, never gives youth a chance, only plays his favourites, never knows when to make a sub, is too negative, doesn't know how to utilise flair players and is a bottler. Then how the fuck has he managed to turn Everton around and how the fuck has he won manager of the year 3 times?

Do you honestly think that missing the likes of Gibson, Mirallas and Coleman for large chunks of the season has had no effect on the team?

Sides are on to the Piennar / Baines combo and are overloading on the left to nullify it,. If they had to contend with Mirallas and Coleman on the right then they wouldn't have been able to do that so easily

He'd still e using Coleman as a right mid if he wasn't forced to put him at rb, like wise Coleman only got a game in the first place due to Moyes hands being tied. It worked at first as he was raw, but then everyone but Moyes could see Coleman wasn't effective at RM and should be geared towards RB again. If they'd been no injuries this season we'd still be frustrated watching him run straight into players on the wing like last year.

Edit: Note that it was the fans who wanted Coleman at RM and also the fans who wanted him the to switch back to RB. Did Moyes listen? No. Then when forced to do so he's hailed a genius and pisses on the fans saying he knows best. He's a bad joke when it comes to change, stifling really.

Edited by pete0

Duncan me thinks the lady protesteth too much -

stop playing the man and start playing the ball -

the anti-Moyes brigade can also say ugly things of the Moyes loyalists but rarely do -

let us argue the facts and not the question -

'You will never cross the ocean (read finishing in the top 3 or even winning the league ) unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (read Moyes security of 7th place in the league on average over 10 years )-- Christopher Columbus

You both have perfectly valid points in My eyes and I'm sort of in the mind of a collective of both Your points but do slightly lean more towards Haf's opinion on Moyes but more so the board....

I fully agree with Haf's opinion on Moyes being tactically inept at times and the whole situation with the board investment and Moyes being paid well to do what He does and so on but then I agree with Duncs that He has done well on a shoe string and the club just needs a few players rather then wholesale changes.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Dunc, are you me ?

Rarely do you write anything that I don't have to look twice at to see if I wrote it. huh.png

There is hope for me yet.

Lets also make one thing clear, moyes is using his contract situation to challenge the board in a way that is highlighting his availability. He's not doing it for the greater good of everton football club.

He is doing no different than pienaar did when he went to South Africa in the World Cup as their poster boy.

I'm not happy he's challenging the board not for the fact it doesn't need to happen, it needed to happen years ago. Convenient now though eh Dave.

Lets also make one thing clear, moyes is using his contract situation to challenge the board in a way that is highlighting his availability. He's not doing it for the greater good of everton football club.

He is doing no different than pienaar did when he went to South Africa in the World Cup as their poster boy.

I'm not happy he's challenging the board not for the fact it doesn't need to happen, it needed to happen years ago. Convenient now though eh Dave.

Can we have a great big "IN MY OPINION" each time you post these apparent facts please Haf ?

The only thing we 'do' know, is that we don't know didley about what is going on, and might be best to stop speculating.

Can we have a great big "IN MY OPINION" each time you post these apparent facts please Haf ?

The only thing we 'do' know, is that we don't know didley about what is going on, and might be best to stop speculating.

He hasn't said it's a fact. Not like he's gone full Pax and its hardly a leap of faith to believe it is true.

Moyes has got 3 options.

Stay - already stated he'd stay condition to A happening.

Go - If A isn't achieved.

Retire/sabbatical - If so he should have already stated.

Imo if we finished 4th Moyes would stay, as he already stated. (A job he is well paid to make happen, but I'll digress).

However, now he is making up another condition moaning about the board, and the only purpose that serves is to highlight his own availability.

Edited by pete0

He hasn't said it's a fact. Not like he's gone full Pax and its hardly a leap of faith to believe it is true.

Moyes has got 3 options.

Stay - already stated he'd stay condition to A happening.

Go - If A isn't achieved.

Retire/sabbatical - If so he should have already stated.

Imo if we finished 4th Moyes would stay, as he already stated. (A job he is well paid to make happen, but I'll digress).

However, now he is making up another condition moaning about the board, and the only purpose that serves is to highlight his own availability.

Hmm ... "Let's also make one thing clear - Moyes is .... " dont%20know.gif

Not the greatest way to offer one's opinion to be fair Pete.

Regarding his options:

In my opinion, of course .......

1: Accept a contract if it is offered to him by the club

2: Decline a contract if it is offered and he doesn't want to accept.

Everything else, including all the if's and but's, are irrelevant. The club is able to offer what it is able to offer, and Moyes, should he be invited to negotiate a new contract, will have to do so based on the reality of circumstances, and not on speculation.

Hmm ... "Let's also make one thing clear - Moyes is .... " dont%20know.gif

Not the greatest way to offer one's opinion to be fair Pete.

Regarding his options:

In my opinion, of course .......

1: Accept a contract if it is offered to him by the club

2: Decline a contract if it is offered and he doesn't want to accept.

Everything else, including all the if's and but's, are irrelevant. The club is able to offer what it is able to offer, and Moyes, should he be invited to negotiate a new contract, will have to do so based on the reality of circumstances, and not on speculation.

Well he's had them 2 options for over x (minimum of 8) amount of months. Dithering Dave as always. I hope the club has withdrew the offer because he has took the piss, no player at the club would get such a luxury.

Edited by pete0

Well he's had them 2 options for over x (minimum of 8) amount of months. Dithering Dave as always. I hope the club has withdrew the offer because he has took the piss, no player at the club would get such a luxury.

Why do you think that Pete?

It will all come out in the wash matey, and very likely all parties will be happy. Sign or not, he's been an excellent manager, thwarted only by circumstance.

Why do you think that Pete?

It will all come out in the wash matey, and very likely all parties will be happy. Sign or not, he's been an excellent manager, thwarted only by circumstance.

Kenwright and many others from the club have stated there's a contracts there if he wants it and Bill saying the club will do everything possible to keep him. Basically it's Moyes' decision 100%.

I have loved Davey since the moment he came to the club and i still do but lately his comments have annoyed me and i really think its time for a change. The Wigan and Shite semi summed the whole thing up for me. Games we SHOULD have won and would have won if we got our tactics right. And unfortunately Davey was left wanting AGAIN! He has done a great job at getting us to the top six but i think thats as far as he can go. With the Sky money and the selling of Felli it is the ideal opportunity for a new boss to have some dough and change the squad . Ive said it before i want Laudrup but if not Bilic would be ok or Poyet. Poyet looks like he enjoys the game. Played at the top level and would look to carry on the building of the club

I can, but I put it down to having better players rather than Moyes changing his tactics. Why? because we stayed 451, he continued to play people out of position when he didnt need to and his substitutions have been baffling. The one change Ive really noticed is our inability to keep a clean sheet.

I'll try to sum this up again...

Im very grateful for all he has done, like you say turning us from relegation favourites to being stable. To say he is an excellent manager is nonsense, hes won nothing. Hes a decent manager, a very good man manager/motivator and got an eye for a bargain. He has done wonders to get us where we are. But his inability to perform under pressure is infuriating, his ignorance of the concequences of his actions and refusal to own up to mistakes gets on my nerves. I wont be sad if he stays, but I wont be sad if he goes either. Both he and Everton need a change. Ideal scenario would be that he continues to grow with Everton but I just dont see that happening.