IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Lets be honest, the whole "money buys the league" is bollocks. I used to believe it but after this year think its about how you spend money not who you spend it on.

If you go and collect players you are asking for trouble. City made it work for them temporarily but as a long term plan it's flawed. The players aren't stupid, they know they are only good for as long as someone better becomes available, then they are in the reserves. They aren't bought in to the project. Man united will win the league with arguably the poorest team to do it in some time. Why? They are a trusted core of players who have an identification with the club.

I believe moyes has fostered a great spirit and union within everton, my concern with him is his selection and tactics. If he was a bit more gung go, had diverse tactics, and utilised the youth more I would be delighted for him to stay. Problem is he is a very very cautious person and that will never change.

If anyone has seen moneyball then that does give you an insight into how you can overthrow the big boys. The transfer market has never seen so many class players available to the average premierleague club.

Full marks to Moyes for saying this, but why now and not a few weeks ago putting the fans minds at ease.

He told the Chairman so why does he need to tell the fans? You would think that 11 years good service would have bought him a bit of leeway and a bit of trust in that respect, but then there is no accounting for just how fickle some fans can be

Lets be honest, the whole "money buys the league" is bollocks. I used to believe it but after this year think its about how you spend money not who you spend it on.

If you go and collect players you are asking for trouble. City made it work for them temporarily but as a long term plan it's flawed. The players aren't stupid, they know they are only good for as long as someone better becomes available, then they are in the reserves. They aren't bought in to the project. Man united will win the league with arguably the poorest team to do it in some time. Why? They are a trusted core of players who have an identification with the club.

I believe moyes has fostered a great spirit and union within everton, my concern with him is his selection and tactics. If he was a bit more gung go, had diverse tactics, and utilised the youth more I would be delighted for him to stay. Problem is he is a very very cautious person and that will never change.

If anyone has seen moneyball then that does give you an insight into how you can overthrow the big boys. The transfer market has never seen so many class players available to the average premierleague club.

I think I can see what your trying to get at but how can buying the league be bollocks?

I don't recall Man City ever being in the title chasing pack before Shake and Vac or whatever his name is came along, same goes for Chelsea and Blackburn

He told the Chairman so why does he need to tell the fans? You would think that 11 years good service would have bought him a bit of leeway and a bit of trust in that respect, but then there is no accounting for just how fickle some fans can be

The fans keep him in the job thats why, it's not just that there have been all sorts of silly stories the last few weeks with regards to Moyes and the whole contract thing, it looked like he was going to throw those 11 years service away and end everything on a sour note. I don't see what is wrong with asking for a bit of communication from Moyes/the club do you?

I agree that money doesn't buy the league as such but as said it clearly helps!

I don't want Abramovich or Sheikh money, I want £20m each summer a la Liverpool, spurs even clubs like Sunderland and I think Moyes would spend it well, without having to sell and we'd be really competitive.

£20 million.ohmy.png Downing, Suarez, Henderson, Carroll, Sturridge, i think that comes to a little over £10m, about £100m is more like it.

£20 million.ohmy.png Downing, Suarez, Henderson, Carroll, Sturridge, i think that comes to a little over £10m, about £100m is more like it.

I was going to add that but £20m is kind of the figure I think Moyes could do a brilliant job with annually.

£20 million is the figure he'd get if he had the balls to gamble for 4th. Not that £20 mil per annum makes a difference, only wages have a significant effect.

Wages do have a significant effect but you need a transfer fee for most players! I don't fully understand what you're getting at with the 1st sentence.

Got in late to discover Martin O Neill has got the brush at Sunderland. This is actually decent news. Moyes may well be leaving sometime soon, so that leaves an opening and - you do the math.

I don't need to elaborate on why I think O Neill is a good manager or deserves a chance, it's been discussed at length so no need to reiterate. Yes, he got a dismissal today, but he's hardly the first manager that has done well or got recognition, and then had an unfortunate episode. Just didn't work out for him in the north-east. I still maintain I would like to see him here, or given a chance, regardless that many are uncomfortable with it. At least today, there's now an opportunity for something to occur.

Martin oneill has been finally sussed out. He spent millions at villa and had a record similar to that of John Gregory. A worse record than Ron Atkinson. He's blown millions up in Sunderland too. An arrogant man who thinks far more of himself than he should. Leicester was his only true achievement, I think John Robertson had an awful lot to do with that.

“Today, when I saw Kevin pick it up in our own half, I thought ‘go on Kevin’ and then he got away from one [tackle]. Then it was one versus one and I said ‘come on, can you do it?’ and thankfully he got it past the goalkeeper.

I'm sick of this pessimistic twat being in charge. Moyes just doesn't have the winning belief to take him and the team to the next level.

O'Neill is past his best and will probably go back to tv work i hope. I think £20 mill a season would be just what Davey would wish for shame its never gonna happen

Out of interest, does anyone think if Moyes does leave and sign for a new club. Do you think he will come back for any of the players? we already know Fellaini will probably leave anyway. Would he try to poach Baines maybe?

I suppose that all depends who he goes to , but I do fear that if he does go then some of our top players could soon follow him out of the door

If a new manager comes in he is going to want to put his own stamp on the team and the only way that he will be able to do that is if we sell off the likes of Baines and Fellaini

He'd go for baines most definitely. Fellaini I have doubts about. He likes players he can trust. Jags maybe.

Sorry I forgot to mention Naismith and Neville, they go without saying.

Your bitchiness at the end compares to seeing a beautiful woman sat in the corner, only to find that when she stands up to go to the bogs, she has an arse like a bag of hammers.

If he scores and is still shite then fair enough but I think once he gets his big break he could push on.

trouble is that he wont get to play behind the striker, at least not for a run of a few games, which is where he would be best suited.

trouble is that he wont get to play behind the striker, at least not for a run of a few games, which is where he would be best suited.

Think he could be useful there, similar to Cahill. Not the greatest footballer but has the knack for goal. Surprised Moyes didn't give it a go to try revitalise Jelavic.