IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

I think Neville will turn out to be a moyes clone, not a bad thing necessarily if he wants to start in league one or championship, however in terms of taking a top 10 team to the next level I don't think so.

Would be a tremendous number 2, he would have training sessions run like clockwork and they would be instense.

I would like to see a moyesesque character as a number 2 to a martinez/laudrup.

I think Neville will turn out to be a moyes clone, not a bad thing necessarily if he wants to start in league one or championship, however in terms of taking a top 10 team to the next level I don't think so.

Would be a tremendous number 2, he would have training sessions run like clockwork and they would be instense.

I would like to see a moyesesque character as a number 2 to a martinez/laudrup.

so Martinez with Pip as assistant?

Yeah, I think that would be a good mix. Neville would add some valuable defensive outlook to martinez's expansive attacking mentality. I think we had more attacking creativity when Irvine was on board.

He does'nt do it when he plays, so what makes you think he will be any better as a defensive coach. wink.png

He does'nt do it when he plays, so what makes you think he will be any better as a defensive coach. wink.png

He knows the theory better than most, applying the theory is something else. In his prime he was a pretty good tackler and stuck to his job. Put it this way, for a technically limited player he got where he got due to the mental approach and application.

isn't irvine the most experienced out of them 4? :huh: certainly the only one to have managed a team i'm sure

True, bit I don't think he did that well at Preston? Anyways, I'm more thinking now someone from outside the club might be better to bring a fresh approach to things.

I know Dave Watson was only interim manager when Royle left towards the end of 96/97, for a few short weeks, but having Neville as manager (and I really can't see it occuring), would be too similar to that. A player of good service and respect (for our club), but as in a managerial capacity ? Just not for it. That was a decent example I went with. But say again, Neville is a fine individual and has been a good player, but just don't think he'd quite cut it at managerial level. (I think there's a Neville thread or somewhere that can accomodate better for this issue as this (thread) essentially is for David Moyes, but just wanted to include)

I'd have Klopp but I think he will go to another Champions League club to be honest. I can see him taking over at Real Madrid when Jose Mourinho leaves - I highly doubt he would swap Champions League every year to struggling to make the Europa.

I'm wondering who would want to follow in Moyes' footsteps. With the current board and financial position it would be a young upcoming manager looking to make a name for himself, or herself.

Are women allowed to manage mens teams?

I can just imagine her showing our defenders how to deal with the offside rule.

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

NB: Can't take total credit for this... I remember reading this before and thought it appropriate to the comment.
Edited by Droobie

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

Ha ha rofl.gif