IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.

The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.

It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.

The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.

She prepares to throw her purse to you.

If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!

At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!

BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

NB: Can't take total credit for this... I remember reading this before and thought it appropriate to the comment.

I just told my wife this and she still did not understand

Wigan Athletic can still be relegated ? They're still involved, and every chance of a relegation, although I don't keep that much of an eye on other soccer these days. In all probability, they'll be beaten out of sight by Manchester City in the Cup final, so Martinez could be facing a relegation to his name, even though they did do well to get to the Final event. (beat an average championship side in the semi-finals and ourselves in the least eight, when we just decided to wave the white flag and fucking surrender)

I (still) can't buy into the fact that some insist Martinez is the golden child they say he is. Say again, I wouldn't want him as a future Everton managerial figure.

Wigan might lose the cup final, but i guarantee one thing, they will not turn up to defend. They will go down trying to attack.

Manchester City will probably be too much for them though. Wigan have already said in the press that they have chosen the fight for survival above FA Cup glory so I can see them being played off the park.

I wouldn't be surprised if City match United's Carling Cup score of 4-0.

With Athletic still not safe from relegation, there's a plausible chance they could do what we did in 1995, as in, it could occur, in that they make themselves safe by the time of the big day, relax and just go out and play, free of any relegation issues, the opposition side lose out on the league championship, and an upset occurs, although it would be bigger than what we did in 1995 for sure.

But I really can't see this occuring. I don't have any animosity towards MCFC like some others, and if they do it, then it's good enough, but Wigan will be no pushovers.

Wigan was matching MCity in their last league clash and was unlucky to lose -

played attractive attacking football against a top side -

I think Martinez has the personality and skills to turn Everton into a real threat for the top 5 instead of propping them up like we have for the past 10 years under Mr Moyes -

unlike other bottom sides I enjoy watching Wigan play - very creative and flowing stuff

Wigan might lose the cup final, but i guarantee one thing, they will not turn up to defend. They will go down trying to attack.

I'm sure City will be too much. But you wont see them playing how we did against the shite in the semi.

Yeh damn right. They might lose 10-0 but even then they would still be going for it. For a team that loses quite often they do have a winning mentality.

With regards to Martinez in general, I do think he has a lot going for him and whilst I'm not certain he would take us any further than the European peripheries we are I do know that there are a lot worse managers out there that Bill and his mob could pick.

Wigan was matching MCity in their last league clash and was unlucky to lose -

played attractive attacking football against a top side -

I think Martinez has the personality and skills to turn Everton into a real threat for the top 5 instead of propping them up like we have for the past 10 years under Mr Moyes -

unlike other bottom sides I enjoy watching Wigan play - very creative and flowing stuff

That's what I love about Wigan. They play an attacking style and Martinez is just as good - if not better than - Moyes when it comes to getting the most out of transfer. I've always been a Martinez fan. With that said, I'll definitely keep Moyes if wants to stay.

Edited by TonkaRoost

I agree that Roberto would be a good choice to replace Moyes. Wigan play a good game of attacking football and if he had the players we have at Wigan then they who knows ey. I think Moyes will sign a new contract at the end of the season though as he wants to at least win one thing at Everton.:)

He has won one thing or two (in the actual sense), that is manager of the month and year accolades but nothing for the actual club, and sometimes you wonder if he really wants to see this end. Moyes concentrates too much on being comfortable in the league and sees trophies as a poor second. 11 years now, and sorry to say, it's just going to continue so long as he remains in charge. People who just believe, let Moyes remain in charge and sail along nicely, is their business, but we really are going nowhere fast. A new face this close season would be much appreciated.

Should Moyes go, which I don't think he will any longer, I would hope Murat Yakin is in the mix.

I'm basing this solely on how impressed I have been with Basel performances against English opposition in recent weeks. I like how they play football and have been really impressed with many of their players... and Yakin's got good hair!!!

what about the rest of the game. Don't know what occured but I do hope the plastics went out tonight. So their manager makes progress to the semi-finals of the UEFA cup (or even beyond ?), and I don't know much about him, but won't jump in, and start suggesting names left and right. Everyone was all over Laudrup when they reached the League Cup Final and now Martinez for doing a similar feat. This Yakin could be a one-hit wonder for all we know. Ok he's done a decent job in taking one of the less recognized european sides to where they are, but not a name I would automatically suggest or consider as a Moyes replacement, based on recent endeavors.

And do think Moyes may go even more now, rather than stay on as suggested in an above response. Moyes wanted ideally, champions league soccer. We didn't achieve it, and even then any remaining european place hangs in the balance. Not suggesting we're going to miss out altogether, but there's some big games coming up and fixtures running out, and say if we miss out for next season, Moyes will have missed out on his objectives, and may finally call time here. There's every possibility.

He has won one thing or two (in the actual sense), that is manager of the month and year accolades but nothing for the actual club, and sometimes you wonder if he really wants to see this end. Moyes concentrates too much on being comfortable in the league and sees trophies as a poor second. 11 years now, and sorry to say, it's just going to continue so long as he remains in charge. People who just believe, let Moyes remain in charge and sail along nicely, is their business, but we really are going nowhere fast. A new face this close season would be much appreciated.

blink.gif

what about the rest of the game. Don't know what occured but I do hope the plastics went out tonight. So their manager makes progress to the semi-finals of the UEFA cup (or even beyond ?), and I don't know much about him, but won't jump in, and start suggesting names left and right. Everyone was all over Laudrup when they reached the League Cup Final and now Martinez for doing a similar feat. This Yakin could be a one-hit wonder for all we know. Ok he's done a decent job in taking one of the less recognized european sides to where they are, but not a name I would automatically suggest or consider as a Moyes replacement, based on recent endeavors.

And do think Moyes may go even more now, rather than stay on as suggested in an above response. Moyes wanted ideally, champions league soccer. We didn't achieve it, and even then any remaining european place hangs in the balance. Not suggesting we're going to miss out altogether, but there's some big games coming up and fixtures running out, and say if we miss out for next season, Moyes will have missed out on his objectives, and may finally call time here. There's every possibility.

Please stop saying soccer ha ha

I think Martinez is nailed on if Moyes goes. He would like the Kenwright chairman senario and vice versa. Cant say i want him but if he brings McCarthy with him id be happier

I think Martinez is nailed on if Moyes goes. He would like the Kenwright chairman senario and vice versa. Cant say i want him but if he brings McCarthy with him id be happier

I'd like him to bring McManaman too. I think with a little bit of work the kid would work wonders for a big team.

Daveys big mate Sam Allardyce just been on goals on bank holiday and he says Moyes wont be going but he wants to put pressure on the board to free up some dough to get to Champs league

with the sky money going up maybe that will free £20 mill? Felli going and maybe heitinga and Jelly maybe thats close to £60 mill to spend?