IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

Again this increase in TV money will further cause problems for us. Players will be looking for their cut, £20k a week will be £30k a week, the premium players will be earning £200k a week. The increase in revenue will not be realised unless we buy from abroad with no other premier league clubs interested.

I think with the tax bracket changing in Spain thats the place to get bargains. I dont think it will effect us to be honest the increase in wages. We know our limit and thats that. Doesnt matter what the club is getting off Sky. Ba, Hoillett,Diame rightly or wrongly they wanted more than we thought they were worth per week. It'll be the same again this year. We dont go for merceneries ..............

Again this increase in TV money will further cause problems for us. Players will be looking for their cut, £20k a week will be £30k a week, the premium players will be earning £200k a week. The increase in revenue will not be realised unless we buy from abroad with no other premier league clubs interested.

Isnt there a salary cap from next season??

Isnt there a salary cap from next season??

Not a salary cap so much as a limit on the running losses a club can sustain. Big clubs can still spend more than small clubs, but that is only relative to their income. These are the principle rules:

• to introduce more discipline and rationality in club football finances;

• to decrease pressure on salaries and transfer fees and limit inflationary effect;

• to encourage clubs to compete with(in) their revenues;

• to encourage long-term investments in the youth sector and infrastructure;

• to protect the long-term viability of European club football;

• to ensure clubs settle their liabilities on a timely basis.

Edited by Iamryanstover

One of the local radio stations were talking about Moyes replacing Ferguson at Man Utd now he has announced his retirement. Interesting, I wouldn't feel aggrieved if he did leave.

Is this sarcasm? I can't tell. You're saying it as if it's an entirely new concept rofl.gif

Oh well, it looks like the ball is now rolling, lets face it we all knew this scenario may come along one day and unless BK can suddenlly produce a blank cheque from somewhere Moyes will go to Man U if offered, he would be crazy not too imo. My worry is that does this mean Baines will go with him? Felli was always going to go in the summer anyway, but it looked as if Baines would stay. Id hope that if he did go along with Felli and maybe even Heitinga, that the new manager( Martinez?) gets all the cash back to strenghten the squad, there should be at least £40m from those 3, allocated straight into the team. Kenwright can keep the banks happy with money from the new tv deal and any prize money gained from this year.

If it is Martinez he can bring that McCarthy with him, he looks very promising.

Now that Ferguson has announced his retirement, it is is a new concept. wink.png

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/next-permanent-manager

Moyes is favourite to replace him at all of the bookmakers. When I looked, every single box was blue meaning that the odds are shortening. It doesn't mean anything though, Howard Webb is 1000/1!

How is he even a contender? Do they not know Moyes is tactically inept, cant make a substitution, never gives youth a chance, is too negative, has destroyed the career of every centre forward that has ever played for him and only ever selects his favourites?

Surely Man Utd would be better going for someone like Owen Coyle, Ian Holloway, Paul Lambert or Roberto Martinez

Oh well, it looks like the ball is now rolling, lets face it we all knew this scenario may come along one day and unless BK can suddenlly produce a blank cheque from somewhere Moyes will go to Man U if offered, he would be crazy not too imo. My worry is that does this mean Baines will go with him? Felli was always going to go in the summer anyway, but it looked as if Baines would stay. Id hope that if he did go along with Felli and maybe even Heitinga, that the new manager( Martinez?) gets all the cash back to strenghten the squad, there should be at least £40m from those 3, allocated straight into the team. Kenwright can keep the banks happy with money from the new tv deal and any prize money gained from this year.

If it is Martinez he can bring that McCarthy with him, he looks very promising.

Agree, plus if Rooney goes we get a sell on fee :-)

How is he even a contender? Do they not know Moyes is tactically inept, cant make a substitution, never gives youth a chance, is too negative, has destroyed the career of every centre forward that has ever played for him and only ever selects his favourites?

Surely Man Utd would be better going for someone like Owen Coyle, Ian Holloway, Paul Lambert or Roberto Martinez

fishing.giffishing.gif

Isn't he that great that he should turn down the United job anyway and hold out for the soon to be vacated Real Madrid managers job? ;)

Isn't he that great that he should turn down the United job anyway and hold out for the soon to be vacated Real Madrid managers job? wink.png

snooki_catfight.gif

Isn't he that great that he should turn down the United job anyway and hold out for the soon to be vacated Real Madrid managers job? wink.png

lol Ive said it many times before and I will say it again, I have never once said he was anywhere near perfect nor have I heralded him as some sort of managerial god, I simply think he is a damn site better then most people in here give him credit for

Haha my thoughts exactly. Some people need to give their heads a wobble.

its still unnerving. after 11 years, people will be scared.

when my favourite band split after 12 years (i followed them their entire career) it felt like losing a limb! Its going to be similar when Moyes goes, Im just so used to him being the face of our club

its still unnerving. after 11 years, people will be scared.

when my favourite band split after 12 years (i followed them their entire career) it felt like losing a limb! Its going to be similar when Moyes goes, Im just so used to him being the face of our club

I'll be honest; I don't feel unnerved in the slightest, I actually feel lighter and a bit giddy.

I can understand the fear that some people have but some are acting like we're fucked.

I was far more devastated when Rooney left.

I'll be honest; I don't feel unnerved in the slightest, I actually feel lighter and a bit giddy.

I can understand the fear that some people have but some are acting like we're fucked.

Agree 100% I want this to happen. And I want Martinez (and McCarthy and perhaps Kone)

I'm somewhat the same... mid this season I'd made it up in my mind that it was time for a change - after seeing the same team selections and same tactics. I felt that DM was getting frustrated himself at the lack of funds here so didn't know what else to do. I wish he could stay - but I wouldn't want to hold him back. Who knows... mebbe BK will get desperate to keep Moyes here - find a buyer for the club who'll inject funds and promise a decent warchest?