IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

One thought (sorry if anybody else has posted this), do you think BK has spoken to Moyes about who he believes would be a good successor? It's just they did it at United so it wouldn't be unusual for us to do it as well.

Probably didn't even cross BK's mind to ask Moyes for his opinion. You know, with him being so emotional and all.

Haven't posted on here in a good while but had to comment on Neil Lennon being odds on to get the job.

Down South you probably know all about him but as someone who's living in Scotland, reading Scottish papers, and watching Scottish football I have to say it'd be an absolutely dreadful appointment. He's signed some decent players for Celtic like Hooper, Wanyama, Matthews and Ledley but he's also wasted several million pounds on dross like Daryl Murphy, Bangura, Juarez and Ambrose amongst others. He's had no competition (Rangers) this season yet the SPL was the last league in the country to be wrapped up.

Putting actual managerial stuff aside, he's a deplorable human being who thinks the world is against him and not the type of character that is needed at EFC.

Being from the other side of the world I often miss a lot of people's personal opinions (and I've only really followed football for the last 10 years or so), so forgive my ignorance in this case by me asking why do people hate Neil Lennon so much? I'm not saying I'm a fan of his at all I'm just interested as to why he's so often referred to as a horrible human being.

Haven't posted on here in a good while but had to comment on Neil Lennon being odds on to get the job.

Down South you probably know all about him but as someone who's living in Scotland, reading Scottish papers, and watching Scottish football I have to say it'd be an absolutely dreadful appointment. He's signed some decent players for Celtic like Hooper, Wanyama, Matthews and Ledley but he's also wasted several million pounds on dross like Daryl Murphy, Bangura, Juarez and Ambrose amongst others. He's had no competition (Rangers) this season yet the SPL was the last league in the country to be wrapped up.

Putting actual managerial stuff aside, he's a deplorable human being who thinks the world is against him and not the type of character that is needed at EFC.

Deplorable human being? rofl.gifrofl.gif Aye, very good.

Also as someone living in Scotland, I do generally get the chance to see the garbage that the Scottish media put out about Neil Lennon being a thug (and other libelous slogans), and can categorically say that he gets an extremely harsh time up here in Scotland. This is also the same man who has been: assaulted in the street by two Rangers supporters, sent parcel bombs, been attacked on the pitch by a Hearts fan during a game and also received umpteen ridiculous charges by the SFA for miniscule behaviours.

"He's signed some decent players for Celtic like Hooper, Wanyama, Matthews and Ledley but he's also wasted several million pounds on dross like Daryl Murphy, Bangura, Juarez and Ambrose amongst others."

Yes, signed guys like Fraser Forster and Gary Hooper that are now on the verge of being in the England team (a great feat for English players playing in Scotland even to be considered). Victor Wanyama - plucked from obscurity from the Belgian leagues for £1m, now being touted for the likes of Man Utd etc. Adam Matthews £300k capture who has performed extremely well in both league and European adventures - also being looked at down south. Joe LEdley - inportant part of the squad - beat Roma for his signature.- these guys amongst other cracking players Lennon has introduced into the squad for a first team 11 that doesn't exceed £10m in transfer fees.

Tell me one manager who has never bought players and the transfer has been turned out to be less than fruitful? For all of Lennon's not so good signings, his best signings FAR outweigh the previous.

Very good manager who is capable of getting the best out of players who are down. Focuses on blending youth with experience and getting players from obscurity with a future view to selling on for a fantastic profit. Very similar to Moyes in essence, albeit with FAR more European experience.

You'd be getting a very good option if Lennon goes to Everton.

I'm not a Lennon fan in the least, but hasn't he had a lot of death threats as Celtic. It seems like I remember reading that he even had people send things to his house and light up his phone. That would make most people think the world is against them.

One thought (sorry if anybody else has posted this), do you think BK has spoken to Moyes about who he believes would be a good successor? It's just they did it at United so it wouldn't be unusual for us to do it as well.

Apparently according to Davey himself, they did discuss it.

Hi first post, actually my first team is West Ham, but as a child always had a soft spot for Everton, in particular Bob Latchford, Martin Dobson and Duncan Mckenzie

Really interested in who the next manager will be, bookies say Malcolm Mackay or Lennon? but are they really the best choice.

I'd love to see you get Laudrup, and don't forget Fat Sam is out of contract soon (still haven't made my mind up about him)

What about Benetiz? ha

I hope you get someone you deserve and can push on ahead of your Blackarmband-Pool neighbours.

I just hope Moyes doesn't go for Diame.

regards to Tony Lloyd if he ever posts here.

Hello Billy nice of you to post on here. West Ham was always a friendly place to visit in my own experience. Attractive football too back in my youth. Sorry for wanting Everton to "hammer" you this weekend, but we are still mathematically capable of a Euro spot so goal difference can prove important.

I like Big Sam myself, but glad that he is not an Everton manager.

By the way MikeO STOP making me laugh as it hurts. violent.gif

Edited by Rubecula

Fat Sam has tactical multiple personalities.

One week he is amazing, like every time we play Man Utd, then other times he

is very naive and appears clueless.

I love the points total he got WHU this season, sometimes the football

and as a man he is surprisingly likeable.

I am pretty sure he is leaving this season as still no contract.

I agree not really Toffee standard, but better than Lennon or Mackay

Fat Sam has tactical multiple personalities.

One week he is amazing, like every time we play Man Utd, then other times he

is very naive and appears clueless.

I love the points total he got WHU this season, sometimes the football

and as a man he is surprisingly likeable.

I am pretty sure he is leaving this season as still no contract.

I agree not really Toffee standard, but better than Lennon or Mackay

hes also a twat.

edit: maybe thats unfair, but I seriously cannot stand the man.

Edited by Matt

Hello Billy nice of you to post on here. West Ham was always a friendly place to visit in my own experience. Attractive football too back in my youth. Sorry for wanting Everton to "hammer" you this weekend, but we are still mathematically capable of a Euro spot so goal difference can prove important.

I like Big Sam myself, but glad that he is not an Everton manager.

By the way MikeO STOP making me laugh as it hurts. violent.gif

thanks for the welcome, very different from Hammers sites.

you nearly alway beat us, I can't remember the last time we beat you, and I am delighted with a point as

Everton are one of our many, many bogey teams

I'm not a Lennon fan in the least, but hasn't he had a lot of death threats as Celtic. It seems like I remember reading that he even had people send things to his house and light up his phone. That would make most people think the world is against them.

Yes he has.

Two men are currently serving 5 years for assaulting him in the town before he was manager.

Two men are currently serving time for sending him home-made parcel bombs intended to maim/kill

He has been attacked by a fan on the pitch at an away game in Edinburgh.

Not to mention the countless death threats he has received since he arrived in SCOTLAND,

thanks for the welcome, very different from Hammers sites.

you nearly alway beat us, I can't remember the last time we beat you, and I am delighted with a point as

Everton are one of our many, many bogey teams

I missed the welcome part, apologies and welcome!

hes also a twat.

edit: maybe thats unfair, but I seriously cannot stand the man.

We don't suffer twats for long, ie Pardew

I HATED him before he arrived, and his football, and as I said

I am shocked how likeable he is, no arrogance that I can sense.

And we had the biggest twat of all , Redknapp, the man is poison.

From the Guardian Fiver:

It's the FA Cup final this weekend, still the biggest single game in the domestic calendar. So naturally the modern media has trained all its attention on Everton's inconsequential clash with West Ham United on Sunday. It's sure to be a great game, perhaps 1-0 to Everton, or maybe 1-0 to West Ham, or perchance 0-0 or 1-1. Do you have a spare ticket?

The promise of a rollocking rollercoaster ride aside, it's also the last opportunity to see David Moyes standing in the home dugout at Goodison Park after 11 long years in charge of Everton. "I remember my first game against Fulham 11 years ago like it was tomorrow," began Moyes this afternoon, raising immediate concerns among students of relativistic classical mechanics that Lord Ferg's retirement did indeed cause a massive rip in the space-time continuum. "I was a relative unknown coming from Preston, but they got behind me. I hope the fans react this weekend the way they did when I walked in the door, but if they don't I totally understand because I'm a football fan myself and you support your team, that's what you do."

Though exactly how well he understands the concerns of the common Evertonian is a moot point, seeing most of them want the owner Bill Kenwright to do one. Moyes, however, thinks the man who made the role of Betty Turpin's son in Coronation Street his own is a "great guy", and will be more than happy to offer him advice in his search for a new manager. "Walter Smith recommended me, and if there's anything I can do, I'll be more than happy to help."

His piercing peepers staring into the middle distance, for once not in a manner that suggests it may be time to vacate the public bar, a wistful Moyes revealed that he hadn't been planning to leave Everton. "My contract was running out, but if you'd pushed me I'd have said my mind was swaying on staying at Everton. I've got everything in place for next season, the pre-season, the chairman knows the things we'd like to do to move forward." But with Fergie – according to his pal Fabio Capello – finally tiring of the stress of top-level management, as well as becoming desirous of stuffing his backpack full of Imodium and seeing the world before it's too late, an opportunity came up that was too good to turn down.

And so it was that a chain of events was set in motion that led to this warm and fuzzy press conference, Moyes showing more emotion than at any point since Renton avoided prison but Spud did not. "I'm disappointed to be leaving such a great club," he said. "It has been such a great part of my life." Beautiful sentiments from a warm-hearted chap. Hacks on the north-west beat are encouraged to enjoy these moments while they can, because if the last 27 years have been any guide, come September Moyes will be chasing half of them with a pointed stick and a wild look in his eye. And those will be the ones he's not angry enough with to ban.

I'd prefer Benitez to Allardyce...in fact I'd take a small lump of dried putty over Allardyce.

Allardyce might not be the greatest manager in the world but he knows how to compete in the Premier League.

I would never ever want Benitez. I despise the bloke and he has done nothing in the last 5 years or so to show me that he is a manager worthy of the top jobs or even the good jobs like Evertons is.

Just had a text off my mate who is a Blackburn fan that he has just put £50 on Lennon for the job. He reckons his mate is a scout on some level for us and he is mates with Moyes and his father as they all live in Longridge. Moyes has told his mate Kenwright has met with Lennons reps last night in London and the job is his crying%20smiley.gif