IGNORED

If Moyes goes?

Finn balor

hello everyone. new to this forum, i'm from Hull,born and bred,and support my local team,but have been a toffee for over 35 yrs,since the days of gordon lee,georgie wood,andy king,etc.

not since the heady days of howard kendalls great 80's side have i admired a manager like i have moyes, and although happy for him, i'm quite frankly terrified of the future.

The fact that we have never had any money (despite been founder members of PL ) I can never understand where the millions from sky actually go.

The way moyes manages the club is akin to how o'neill handled leicester, and curbishley enjoyed "success" at charlton,and not forgetting cloughies legendary spell at forest (and derby). they mould the club and are involved in just about every aspect of it, and we know what happened to those clubs once the respective managers left

Just as all the talk is of ferguson been irreplaceable and impossible to follow, i fear the same could be said for moyesy

Hate Hughes, hate O'Neil, hate Lennon. Di Matteo won the cup and CL but i'm pretty sure Terry was in charge of that team.

+1.

I'd have none of the above. Even though I've got a lot of time for Roberto I don't think he had much to do with the success that Chelsea had.

i would like laudrup,but as that swansea fan said,he has european football and a transfer budget.. i suppose it could hinge on the clubs level of ambition next season. keegans available !!

instead of hughes,o'neill,etc, what about lennon. did ok to run a big institute like celtic, but to be fair,he has no rivalry up there...we'll probably get danny wilson

Hi Folks, i am a united supporter and not massively keen on Moyes but we will see, but also i come fromthe same village as Brendan Rodgers and the word is that Lennon will be your new manager and on a side note Benitez will be going to Newcastle.

Hi Folks, i am a united supporter and not massively keen on Moyes but we will see, but also i come fromthe same village as Brendan Rodgers and the word is that Lennon will be your new manager and on a side note Benitez will be going to Newcastle.

I love his personality, but otherwise I know absolutely zilch about him.

I'm thinking Tony Pulis, he's built a good team and squad at Stoke, and they are highly effective at what they do. Maybe we could buyout Harry Redknapp's contract from QPR? How about Alex McLeish?

I know, with that last one, my wind up just got too blatantly obvious.

Myeah he might be alright, but don't expect exciting attacking football from him. Although I'm not sure EFC is the right team for that.

Read the last part of my post mate. I was trying to get everyone angry ;-) ... As if there isn't enough of that on this board. Tony Pulis would be a horrible option for any team with any ambition beyond Premier League survival.

I don't really see why a lot of people like Di Matteo so much? Got WBA promoted to the Premier League, but they were a pretty boring team, weren't they? With Chelsea he won the FA Cup and Champions League but he got incredibly lucky to do so and had them play pretty crappy. Of course, he's won things with Chelsea but there is no guarantee he'll do the same in different circumstances. If anything, the circumstances at our team will be much more like they were at WBA than they were at Chelsea. The most important parts for me are the style of football the new manager wants to implement i.e. a positive one (and it would help if he's done so successfully at another club), the track record in the transfer market and his personality/image. Martinez ticks all the boxes for me.

Couldnt agree more. We need a manager that can stamp his style on this football club and have the mentality to win games and hopefully trophies. Martinez and Laudrup are the only two domestic candidates that fit the bill IMO, albeit Im not too clued up on the lower leagues.

Laudrup - Not going to happen in My eyes and getting a bit fed up of people banding His name around without taking into account He's just signed a new long term deal with a Club that will have European football next season and a bigger transfer budget, He's simple going to be out of our reach financially...

Realistically Martinez is the only manager currently in the Prem that I think We could tempt afford and who could well do a good job here.

I just hope to god the board do not even entertain the likes of Hughes O'Neill and managers of that ilk!!

Edited by EFC-Paul

Laudrup - Not going to happen in My eyes and getting a bit fed up of people banding His name around without taking into account He's just signed a new long term deal with a Club that will have European football next season and a bigger transfer budget, He's simple going to be out of our reach financially...

Realistically Martinez is the only manager currently in the Prem that I think We could tempt afford and who could well do a good job here.

I just hope to god the board do not even entertain the likes of Hughes O'Neill and managers of that ilk!!

just curious (maybe not the best time to poke fun :P), but why do you get a captial letter but God doesnt? ;)

Laudrup - Not going to happen in My eyes and getting a bit fed up of people banding His name around without taking into account He's just signed a new long term deal with a Club that will have European football next season and a bigger transfer budget, He's simple going to be out of our reach financially

It wasnt a long term deal. It was for another year.

Haha I thought that when typing but couldn't be arsed changing it :)

Ah for some reason I thought it was a long term deal? If that's the case then there may be a small chance but regardless of the length of His contract I still feel Swansea are a better prospect and project then Ourselves sadly.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Redknapp or O Neill would be mighty fine, couldn't care less if anyone thinks different. Pulis would be interesting, as would Lambert. Yes some will argue he didn't do well at Aston Villa etc etc etc but before that, what an amazing job. All said, Redknapp or O Neill would be my favorite choices, but time will tell

Redknapp or O Neill would be mighty fine, couldn't care less if anyone thinks different. Pulis would be interesting, as would Lambert. Yes some will argue he didn't do well at Aston Villa etc etc etc but before that, what an amazing job. All said, Redknapp or O Neill would be my favorite choices, but time will tell

Good god. Stick to the history books DK.

Tony Pulis? Please, I honestly could not think of a worse candidate. Does that mean I can throw Steve Kean's name in there as well for a laugh? Ohh and Terry O' Connor, how can we forget about him. Out of all the names mentioned above, the only 3 I would even consider are Laudrup, Martinez and Pereira (massive risk as I have never seen him manage but he looks exciting and attacking).

Edited by Geth

Everton FC is ahead of Real Madrid, Man City, Monaco, AC Milan, Juventus and Anzhi in the oddsto sign Wayne Rooney biggrin.png

Not as a manager off course lol, but I didn't want to start a new topic.

In what bookies, like? Got a source? These are the odds at Paddy Power.

Bayern Munich 11/8 Chelsea 2/1 PSG 4/1 Manchester City 11/1 Everton 14/1

Edited by J.P