IGNORED

When will Suarez be properly punished

In all honesty, it wouldn't have made the news if it hadn't been Suarez though.

Biting a player v snapping his leg v headbutting somebody v stamping on their Achilles ?

It's a ridiculous thing to do, among many ridiculous things done by players on the pitch.

When you quote somebody, quote everything.

The very fact that you don't judge the incident for it's own merits, and instead seek to bring up the World Cup proves my point that because it's Suarez, it's 'bigger news'. Our own players have done worse, such as Fellaini butting the Stoke lad recently. Arteta poking a guy in the eye is another silly thing to do. Suarez sells papers, and as such the media take a bigger interest.

The very fact that you don't judge the incident for it's own merits, and instead seek to bring up the World Cup proves my point that because it's Suarez, it's 'bigger news'. Our own players have done worse, such as Fellaini butting the Stoke lad recently. Arteta poking a guy in the eye is another silly thing to do. Suarez sells papers, and as such the media take a bigger interest.

I switched off at that point.

Suarez is bigger news because he courts controversy, name any other player that is such a repeat offender on the scale as him. Has fellini headbutted anyone else, has arteta poked anybody else in the eye, do either of them consistently cheat like he does?

The fact that your putting it on the same level as a headbutt and a poke in the eye is laughable imo, im not condoning what felli did, but he was provoked all game and reacted angrily, there wasnt any provocation from ivanovic what so ever. Its bigger news when its suarez because of all the snidy things hes done before and quite rightly imo

I think you backed suarez similarly over the evra thing, so i will leave it there as your on the wind up imo

Suarez is bigger news because he courts controversy, name any other player that is such a repeat offender on the scale as him. Has fellini headbutted anyone else, has arteta poked anybody else in the eye, do either of them consistently cheat like he does?

That's my point. Had it been Hibbert, it would probably have gone unnoticed.

The fact that your putting it on the same level as a headbutt and a poke in the eye is laughable imo, im not condoning what felli did, but he was provoked all game and reacted angrily, there wasnt any provocation from ivanovic what so ever. Its bigger news when its suarez because of all the snidy things hes done before and quite rightly imo

I think you backed suarez similarly over the evra thing, so i will leave it there as your on the wind up imo

Nope, I'm not on a wind up, and to make it clear, I am not defending Suarez.

A headbutt can kill you, and a poke in the eye blind you. A leg breaking tackle can end your career. If a bite on the arm is more serious, then I'm at a loss.

What Suarez did was probably more nasty, than dangerous, in an animalistic kind of way. Just as spitting on somebody would probably make bigger news. We live in a world where racially abusing somebody carries a heavier penalty than snapping their leg. I'm not looking to debate which is more dislikeable, but simply stating it as fact.

It's not a wind up. Just the observation of a mature adult who looks at the offense for what it is, and doesn't cloud it's value by taking other events into consideration.

Yes, the guy is constantly the centre of controversy, but looking at the evidence, is it really as ferocious an assault as people are making out? It's not like he took a chunk out of the guys arm.

Headbutt me, snap my leg, or bite my arm with similar force, and see which will hurt me the most. Somehow, I think I'd take the bite.

I thought you'd never askwub.png .

I'll find you something to nibble on dear.

Incidentally, I didn't feel an awful lot when my ear was ripped off. The body is an amazing thing when it comes to it's own pain relief. Actually, I didn't feel an awful lot when my leg was snapped either lol, but a headbutt is proper naughty.

Edited by Avinalaff

That's my point. Had it been Hibbert, it would probably have gone unnoticed.

Nope, I'm not on a wind up, and to make it clear, I am not defending Suarez.

A headbutt can kill you, and a poke in the eye blind you. A leg breaking tackle can end your career. If a bite on the arm is more serious, then I'm at a loss.

What Suarez did was probably more nasty, than dangerous, in an animalistic kind of way. Just as spitting on somebody would probably make bigger news. We live in a world where racially abusing somebody carries a heavier penalty than snapping their leg. I'm not looking to debate which is more dislikeable, but simply stating it as fact.

It's not a wind up. Just the observation of a mature adult who looks at the offense for what it is, and doesn't cloud it's value by taking other events into consideration.

Yes, the guy is constantly the centre of controversy, but looking at the evidence, is it really as ferocious an assault as people are making out? It's not like he took a chunk out of the guys arm.

Headbutt me, snap my leg, or bite my arm with similar force, and see which will hurt me the most. Somehow, I think I'd take the bite.

Problem is that you are saying a bite is not that bad, but it is a shocking thing to see especially on a football pitch, perhaps it might not hurt as much, but the shock factor I think is greater. Perhaps it's a sad reflection on our society that we don't see a headbutt as that shocking anymore! But it still doesn't get away from the fact that he's done it before and he's a racist and he constantly dives and how many times does he have to handle the ball??? Edited by mogsy

In all honesty, it wouldn't have made the news if it hadn't been Suarez though.

Biting a player v snapping his leg v headbutting somebody v stamping on their Achilles ?

It's a ridiculous thing to do, among many ridiculous things done by players on the pitch.

Saurez did stamp on Distans Achilles, he bites, he cheats (he got Rodwell sent off), he dives all over the place, he's just not a very nice person and maybe deserves everything he gets.

He hasn't (as far as we know) broken any ones legs, and he certainly hasn't headbutted another player, how could he with those teeth!

Watch the replay of the bite incident, if the Chelsea player hadn't thrown Saurez to the ground in self defence he would certainly have caused a major injury.....he was really getting ready for a major attack.At what point would Saurez have stopped, I think he seriously lost it.

Edited by Blue 250

someone on rawk...

Does he really actually bite him though? Yes his teeth are bared and he looks like is gnawing in frustration but a bite? I think if there are no marks on Ivanovic's arm then it will be difficult to prove conclusively....
Sky are gonna go to town now though....

brilliant :rofl:

Saurez did stamp on Distans Achilles, he bites, he cheats (he got Rodwell sent off), he dives all over the place, he's just not a very nice person and maybe deserves everything he gets.

He hasn't (as far as we know) broken any ones legs, and he certainly hasn't headbutted another player, how could he with those teeth!

Watch the replay of the bite incident, if the Chelsea player hadn't thrown Saurez to the ground in self defence he would certainly have caused a major injury.....he was really getting ready for a major attack.At what point would Saurez have stopped, I think he seriously lost it.

Surely when he was full.

No photo's actually showing the biting ?

There are some videos going around showing him about to but none of the actual bite that I could find. That said, you dont grab someone by the wrist and elbow with mouth wide open, closing as he gets closer unless youre hungry, right?:

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/51743c5c69bedd3605000022/suarez-bite-full.gif

http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/gallery/gimages/suarez-bites-ivanovic.jpg

All a bit too public. Put the phone down and straight to Twitter, sure he's meant every word on the phone rolleyes.gif

I've just spoken to Ivanovic on the phone and I could apologise directly to him. Thanks for accepting.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/22/branislav-ivanovic-luis-suarez-biting

Not defending the tool, but it is common on the continent to say "thanks to....." meaning "thanks in advance". Not sure if this is what was meant.

I'd rather someone punch me in the face than bite or spit at me. There is many risks associated with human bites, the amount of bacteria and risks associated with a humna bite are greater than an animal bite.

What suarez did was an unprovoked assualt. Duncan Ferguson went down for assualt on the field of play, some may argue that he had previous but hasn't suarez? Ok not officially in the eyes of the law but I believe he needs to be held to account for this, it's gotta stop.

His list of misdemeanors is ridiculous and paints the picture of an awful person. People go on about Joey Barton - Suarez is nudging into that category. Look at the things he hasn't been charged for, diving, stamping, handball then celebrating? He's a disgrace.

Lol, so now Haf wants to imprison him? laugh.png

Some of you need to be able to find middle ground in debate. Because somebody doesn't think biting is the worst possible offense, doesn't mean they trivialize it. Biting is a nasty action, but lots of players go in with 2 footed tackles which are much worse, and even when they break somebody's leg, they get a 3 match ban.

Why is it then that a bite not severe enough to leave any marks, should get a heavier punishment?

Why? Because it's Suarez.

The guy is a jerk, but any punishment should reflect that of the punishment of his peers.

A two footed tackle though is by definition a tackle, and tackling is part of the game; there are good ones and bad ones and rules about it.

There is no good biting and bad biting and no reference to it in the laws of the game.

There are rules about spitting and punching and kicking and defined punishments for those....but when you go outside of the rules of the game you have to expect to be dealt with harshly.

The fact that it's Suarez is irrelevant to all that.

A two footed tackle though is by definition a tackle, and tackling is part of the game; there are good ones and bad ones and rules about it.

There is no good biting and bad biting and no reference to it in the laws of the game.

There are rules about spitting and punching and kicking and defines punishments for those....but when you go outside of the rules of the game you have to expect to be dealt with harshly.

So, he didn't break any laws then. Nothing to see here folks. rofl.gif

I don't necessarily want suarez put in prison but i'm a little concerned by all the amnesty international activists making a case for suarez being witch hunted... It seems the most controversial and 'trendy' viewpoint is to try and put some "persective" on what suarez did?! "Look at me, I don't support Liverpool but i'm being sensible about a person who sunk his teeth into another player, yes let's send him to anger management, can you please pass me the eckhart tolle book". Collymore in particular has annoyed me with this pretentious - madness bordering genius viewpoint.

Here's the perspective - a two footed tackle is an illegal exageration of one of the components of football "the tackle" - it can break legs, end careers and is often the result of a rush of blood to the head. People don't get arrested in the street for rushing up to a person who has a ball and going over the top.

Biting plays no part in any sport i'm aware of, it's a primitive response to frustration. It has no place anywhere. If someone bit a loved one i'm sure the likes of collymore would change his view.

Biting plays no part in any sport i'm aware of, it's a primitive response to frustration. It has no place anywhere. If someone bit a loved one i'm sure the likes of collymore would change his view.

You've obviously never been to Japan.

I don't necessarily want suarez put in prison but i'm a little concerned by all the amnesty international activists making a case for suarez being witch hunted... It seems the most controversial and 'trendy' viewpoint is to try and put some "persective" on what suarez did?! "Look at me, I don't support Liverpool but i'm being sensible about a person who sunk his teeth into another player, yes let's send him to anger management, can you please pass me the eckhart tolle book". Collymore in particular has annoyed me with this pretentious - madness bordering genius viewpoint.

Here's the perspective - a two footed tackle is an illegal exageration of one of the components of football "the tackle" - it can break legs, end careers and is often the result of a rush of blood to the head. People don't get arrested in the street for rushing up to a person who has a ball and going over the top.

You need to drop the 2 footed tackle is ok crap.

We're not talking about clumsy challenges, but deliberate leg breaking attacks, such as Keanes. If you tell me that Keanes was just an exaggeration of what is allowed, I will quickly realise you are insane, and withdraw from future debate with you.

The French lad with the infamous butt to the chest is another example of aggression much worse than Suarez's. Cantona's attack on the crowd another. Too many drama queens on here.